Boxing and MMA

I would say its more Lewis being shit

Partly, but Anderson was finishing well, if he hadnt been so convincing ending legs, Lewis might have turned it around, hes done it before, there was no blood to smell, he knew he had no chance of catching Anderson! So in a way, yes, he was shit and he knew it in the end :P

According to Sky Sports News Hatton and Brook are both super-bantamweights doh

:rolleyes:

There is some footage somewhere of George Groves being interviewed on SSN post-DeGale fight. The Sky Sports interviewer comes out with something like "Here's a name for a possible future fight for you George, AMIR KHAN". You can see Groves trying his best not laugh in the guys face.

:rolleyes:

There is some footage somewhere of George Groves being interviewed on SSN post-DeGale fight. The Sky Sports interviewer comes out with something like "Here's a name for a possible future fight for you George, AMIR KHAN". You can see Groves trying his best not laugh in the guys face.

haha yeah i seen that, groves just kinda smiled and said "well im a bit bigger than him".

Unbelievable ignorance, however, i actually think its a sign of the state boxing is in. SSN report football, golf, rugby, F1 and freakin' cricket inside out. The fact that boxing is like an after thought and the reporters dont have basic knowledge such as the weight classes shows that boxing isn't the mainstream sport it should be. I'd bet my bottom dollar that if they scrapped the 4 bodies and just had 1 body, with 1 champion, it be a completely different kettle of fishies.

Sky Sports News doesn't seem to know that much about boxing, but Skys boxing panel is pretty good, Jim Watt and Johnny Nelson know their stuff.

Agree with this. Ian Darke, Jim Watt and johnny nelson are spot on. Darke and Watt are best commentators IMO.

On the other topic I'm really looking forward to Brook & Hatton. Defeat for Hatton would be the end of the road for him but he is a well disciplined boxer As for Brook this will be his last test before he moves onto bigger things. A defeat for Brook would be a disaster.

Sky Sports News doesn't seem to know that much about boxing, but Skys boxing panel is pretty good, Jim Watt and Johnny Nelson know their stuff.

Nelson is a decent pundit but he's awful at presenting ringside. He's been doing it for well over a year and he still fluffs his lines constantly and seems as nervous as ever. I cringe when I watch him trying to speak to the camera. You can see Adam Smith sitting there with a look that says 'Jesus Christ Johnny...Jesus Christ'.

Agree with this. Ian Darke, Jim Watt and johnny nelson are spot on. Darke and Watt are best commentators IMO.

On the other topic I'm really looking forward to Brook & Hatton. Defeat for Hatton would be the end of the road for him but he is a well disciplined boxer As for Brook this will be his last test before he moves onto bigger things. A defeat for Brook would be a disaster.

Quite a strong undercard too.

Lee Purdy v Adnan Amar

Carl Frampton v Prosper Ankrah for Frampton's commenwealth belt

Kerry Hope v Grzegorz Proksa for Proksa's European belt

Quite a strong undercard too.

Lee Purdy v Adnan Amar

Carl Frampton v Prosper Ankrah for Frampton's commenwealth belt

Kerry Hope v Grzegorz Proksa for Proksa's European belt

Should be a good night of boxing. I can see a wee shock with the hatton and brook fight. Matts his own man now and no longer looked upon as rickys wee brother (tu)

Anybody Seen Adrian Broner Fighting yet? I think he's looked superb everytime i've saw him fight.

Yes he is a very good boxer. Similar style to mayweather IMO he's the very reason Ricky burns move up weight (tu)

Yes he is a very good boxer. Similar style to mayweather IMO he's the very reason Ricky burns move up weight (tu)

Definitely has alot in common with Mayweather, Including the cockiness. Probably a smart move by Burns as i would say that Broner would Beat him but hey.... Who am i to say!!

A fight with Burns could still happen. The only fight that is really left for Broner at super-featherweight is Uchiyama, and I really can't see that fight happening. Another potential opponent could be Roman Martinez, but he's sort of disappeared since his loss to Burns, only fought once since then.

I can see Broner moving up in weight fairly soon. Better competition in the weights above and more money to be made.

A fight with Burns could still happen. The only fight that is really left for Broner at super-featherweight is Uchiyama, and I really can't see that fight happening. Another potential opponent could be Roman Martinez, but he's sort of disappeared since his loss to Burns, only fought once since then.

I can see Broner moving up in weight fairly soon. Better competition in the weights above and more money to be made.

Apparently Gamboas head has been turned by a Broner fight, hence one of the reasons he has reneged on the Rios fight.

I saw some guy called Ola Afolabi boxing the other week on the telly, he won and he was terrific, anyone know much about him? Think he's British, had UJ shorts on but he sounds like a yank.

Every punch hit and hurt his opponent, he wasn't even punching often just fucking belters when he did (tu)