Whittaker To Bursaspor

If Whittaker does go, I reckon it would be a great bit of business to swoop for Zurich's right back Phillipe Koch. He was part of the Swiss under 21 side that only lost 2 goals en route to the European finals recently, and had Muniain in his back pocket for the final. Really impressed me.

He plays for Zurich, so shouldn't be THAT expensive, and, at 20 years old, would definitely go on to make us a fair few bob in the future.

That's a fair shout but I reckon that entire Swiss squad will be off to teams in Germany, France and Italy before the summer is out. They have put in some top performances.

Also, seriously impressed by all the ever-so-clever "should have given them contracts before now" brigade who seem to have forgotten already that we have not been allowed to offer improved terms to any player with more than 12 months left on their contracts for the last 2 years. How quickly we forget.

RANGERS are confident Steven Whittaker will sign a new contract - despite Bursaspor's claims that he's already agreed a deal with THEM.

Whittaker has rejected two offers from Gers, who have knocked back FOUR bids from the Turkish side for the defender.

But SunSport understands Gers boss Ally McCoist believes he can persuade Whitty - out of contract next year - to stay.

That's despite Bursaspor's weekend claims that they will tie up a £1million move this week.

Their transfer director Erkan Kamat said: "We want to bring Whittaker to our training camp as soon as possible.

"We've agreed a deal in principle with him and need to reach agreement with Rangers. I expect him to sign this week."

Gers could lose out on ex-Crystal Palace ace Neil Danns if they don't make a move to tie him up in the next 48 hours.

SunSport understands Gers have yet to make their move to seal the deal and it's believed the player and his camp want something done soon.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3661008/Whitty-aint-a-lost-cause.html#ixzz1QQc28kxy

And the club who signed Kenny Miller from Ibrox last season are running out of patience after McCoist persistently stonewalled their approaches.

Bursaspor transfer director Erkan Kamat claimed Whittaker, who has so far declined offers to extend his Ibrox contract, wanted to move to Turkey.

McCoist’s determination to retain the player means, however, that the Turkish side are

poised to turn their attentions to Nancy’s Moroccan right-back Michael Basser Chretien if they are rebuffed a final time.

‘Whittaker wants to come to Turkey,’ claimed Kamat. ‘But every time we contact Rangers with a new offer, we get told Ally McCoist doesn’t want to sell him.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1QcGCK7yq

Bursaspor intend to make one final bid for Rangers defender Steven Whittaker before turning their sights towards other targets.

The Turkish club have already failed with several offers for the 27-year-old this summer, but claim Whittaker wants to join his former Gers team-mate Kenny Miller at Bursaspor.

Whittaker has one year remaining on his contract at Ibrox and Gers boss Ally McCoist revealed talks are ongoing regarding an extension.

However, the Scotland international's agent recently suggested Whittaker is prepared to see out his deal if Rangers do not accept Bursaspor's bid.

The club's director of transfers Erkan Kamat now says Bursa will make one last attempt to persuade Gers to cash in on Whittaker rather than risk losing him for nothing.

Kamat said in the Daily Record: "Whittaker wants to come to Turkey, there is no problem with him.

"But every time we contact Rangers with a new offer we are told the same - McCoist doesn't want to sell him. We have made persistent offers.

"This situation cannot go on so we'll give Rangers one more chance to sell. If not, we move to other targets."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_7009410,00.html?

There's trying to keep a successful team together and then there is being stupid. I don't think that Whittaker is worth anything like what we are offering him. But if its money that we are interested in, then we can offer him all we like, but we are never going to match the wages on offer at Bursaspor, if thats where he wants to go.

It seems strange on the one hand that we are willing to give Whittaker offers of a new contract, with a wage that he hardly deserves, yet on the other hand, we don't seem willing to meet fairly reasonable asking prices, for Cuellar in particular. Whether or not Ally wants to keep Whittaker, he should look at the deals being offered, and ask himself, could we not surely spend this 20k a week on a player or several who can come in to the club and will want to be here

need to knock this on the head. personally i like whitt but never for the kind of wage thats getting talked about, i also think alot of the fans have turned there back on him so keeping him may be a bad idea.

time to walk away from the table imo.

maybe hes trying to keep him so hard because we cant seem to bring any other players in(so far) and dosnt need even more positions filled.