*** The Official Champions V St Mirren Thread ***

Broxi

If we win this match we will be at least 7 points clear of them depending on how well they do in their next two matches before hand. Having Naismith back will be a huge boost and I, personally, feel he's been our most influential player so far this season and is top scorer in the SPL when he's mostly been at RM. Assuming there is no injuries, the team I'd play would be:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :Goian::Bocanegra::Wallace:

:Naismith: :davis: :3070edu: :McKay:

:jelavic: :lafferty:

Some decisions that some may disagree on like Wallace and McKay, I think this could work very well. When McKay was playing LM for the games with Australia I saw he seemed to like tucking in and getting more into the middle of the park, this would allow Wallace to charge up and down the left. I think we all want a good look at him too. By two weeks he, and Wallace, should be fully fit too.

As for the rest, it pretty much picks itself nowadays, Davis working everything, Naismith causing problems and the two up front. Very solid defence and keeper that should easily handle St Mirren. The two strikers both need to prove something here and get a few goals between the team.

:crabflute:

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Edu Davis McKay

Naismith Jelavic Lafferty

But I wouldn't really care if we just set out with only Naismith coming in for Bedoya. I'm really not too bothered.

I feel harsh taking Wylde out, I think he takes it in the neck too much.

Same side that started against Dunfermilne, or that above. Not too bothered.

McGregor

Whittaker Goian Bocanegra Wallace

Naismith Davis Edu Wylde

Lafferty Jelavic

Would be a bit unfair to drop Papac, but I think Wallace and Wylde running at Van Zanten would give us a great amount of chances to get the ball in the box.

wylde and papac in for mckay and wallace and thats my team

Absolutely. With reference to big Sasa - why on earth would you take a guy out that's been one of our most dependable players for years? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Understand there is still International fixtures to come on Tuesday but I can't wait for this game.

Less than a week to go, hopefully all the players on duty with their country come back in good shape. Glad to see Matt McKay back for Australia the other day, hope to see him at some point next Saturday.

Hoping for a less of a laboured win than Hibs in this game, three points being all important of course. Two tough away games after this match.

Why on earth would we drop Wylde? what a lot of shite.

Give someone else a chance?

There's plenty of debate of Wylde's worth to the team but regardless of you view on that you can't think he's been so amazing recently that he's undroppable, nor that the team was so incredible against Hibs that we can't consider changing the line up at all?

With us not having that many injuries now we do actually have some options, I wouldn't mind seeing Matt McKay getting his full debut myself ahead of Wylde for this game.

Give someone else a chance?

There's plenty of debate of Wylde's worth to the team but regardless of you view on that you can't think he's been so amazing recently that he's undroppable, nor that the team was so incredible against Hibs that we can't consider changing the line up at all?

With us not having that many injuries now we do actually have some options, I wouldn't mind seeing Matt McKay getting his full debut myself ahead of Wylde for this game.

You don't just go about chopping and changing a team for the sake of it. Certainly not when they are part of a winning team.

If a young player is doing reasonably well, but not in top form, you keep him in to give him a chance to get into the top of his game. Check the Lurgan bigot out for proof of what chopping players can do.

Players should only be dropped when they are having nightmares...especially young ones that we are trying to school into being Rangers for the future.

You don't just go about chopping and changing a team for the sake of it. Certainly not when they are part of a winning team.

If a young player is doing reasonably well, but not in top form, you keep him in to give him a chance to get into the top of his game. Check the Lurgan bigot out for proof of what chopping players can do.

Players should only be dropped when they are having nightmares...especially young ones that we are trying to school into being Rangers for the future.

On the other hand, keeping the exact same team can sometimes lead to complacency, winning run aside I don't think we played very well against Hibs and at a big club you need to be on your toes. Last season showed how a winning run can come to a pretty disasterous ending, of course you aren't going to be making 5 or 6 changes to a winning team every week but there's nothing wrong with doing a bit of tweaking here and there if there's been an average performance or two, even if they were wins.

Totally disagree on Wylde, his place in the team should be decided by the same standards as anyone else, i'm not saying drop someone after one unconvincing game but it's my opinion Wylde has had a few of them. The under 21 rule already guarantees him a place in the squad pretty much but if he's 'not in top form' like you say then he shouldn't just be kept in when we have players like Matt McKay at the club who only signed in the summer and is waiting for a chance.