***The Official Forres Mechanics v Rangers Thread***

Captain Hilts

Ironically after all the complaints about the long-high ball, that pitch wasn't suitable for the ball to be played on the deck. The wind meant it wasn't much better to play it in the air either.

Not our finest moment by any matter of means but we have alot of slim, nippy plays with tricks and skills - in this level of football, look at the opposition team....they have brick shit houses with a tally of broken legs tattoo'd below their eye.

We'll get to grips with it and I'd say a win away from home is an improvement as we haven't done it yet - Highland league is 1 division below us in a division where we can't win away from home so far.

No ones saying it's majestic but lets stay reminded of the realities involved.

We beat Falkirk 1-0 away in the Ramsden's.

Nothing personal to yourself, but there's too much posts like this.

You can argue all you want with arguements based on speculation, I'm talking about waht actually happened, and I speculate that if we don't change our style at away games, we're going t lose sometime by encouraging the away team.

We're through, but I hope we get a home game in the next round. I'm no too happy about the upcoming draw in the LC either, if it's away from home.

We're being steamrollered away from home because these teams see how we play away from home.

Well people are expecting too much.

I don't know why people are worried about playing an SPL team away from home (LC draw), their pitches are similar to Ibrox and also, when we were in the SPL was anyone worried about "away days?" .. Nope!

Wouldn't say steamrollered, still unbeaten! Just my opinion though, each to their own.

Not a great performance and we should be playing better overall.I will gladly take a scrapy win and no injuries happy in the knowledge we are in next round.I reckon some on here expect 10 nil every game which is unrealistic but some away performances have been below par.

don't talk shite no one will remember some result against a bunch of Mechanics either, people keep burying their heads in the sand and pretending we don't have serious problems when Ally picks the right team with the players in their correct positions and an attacking line up then we are fine but when he continues to insist on playing McCulloch at CM, Kyle/Sandaza upfront and Argyriou on the wing then we will continue to struggle and unless Ally actually learns then we will lose points and he will be sacked but the fact that he can't seem to realise that McCulloch is never a CM, or that Kyle/Sandaza are shite, or that wingers win games is extremely worrying.

1. I will.. 1-0 Rangers.. First qualifier for the Scottish Cup since being in division 3

2. Aye.. Still unbeaten

3. Aye.. still unbeaten

Give us a break.. How would we all feel if Rangers had lost today.. :anguish:

Okay, it irks me when people have this opinion.

Can you explain why you have this opinion?

I have this opinion because 1. I want Rangers to progress as much as they can in Cups. 2. I'd like Rangers to win Cups this season and we can't win if we aren't in it. We are still in it, yes the football wasn't Barca style but we won & we are through.

I have this opinion because 1. I want Rangers to progress as much as they can in Cups. 2. I'd like Rangers to win Cups this season and we can't win if we aren't in it. We are still in it, yes the football wasn't Barca style but we won & we are through.

The question was, why do you believe we can only win if we play turgid football?

Im asking again because I think you answered a different question.

It's not daft to connect the two things as all the ones here chanting "this isn't good enough" are the ones that want ally out for the likes of Paulo Sergio and Stuart McCall.

All I'm getting at is we're through so what's the greeting on here about?

We CAN and WILL play better.

If we were 3 or 4-0 up at half time what you reckon the challenges from part-timers with no incentive not to get red carded would be like?

How many injuries do we have so far??

Let's put them in a position where they break of legs or see a 5th go in - that's smart. <cr>

I'm not saying today was pretty or that it would be acceptable against the tic but it wasn't against them and we're through - that's the point, no injuries, a win away from home on a race-track and through to the next round - success!

Let's leave the Ajax way for football pitches against football teams.

That was close to being a Shinty game out there and in Shinty - cunts get hurt!

Would 6-0 and Aird with a broken leg be a better result for ye?

A mixture of sense and craziness here.

Yes, a win is a win. I'll take it for sure.

And looking at our midfield today, it is so young and so inexperienced. It makes our lack of domination seem a bit less concerning.

However, a couple of things - many people displayed their concern with today's performance. While you might have identified particularly morose bastards, don't tar everyone with the same brush. I can be hugely disappointed with a performance and not allude to wanting Ally out. That should be clear.

We can and will play better - away from home, I want to believe this, yet it's been 2 months and frankly, there isn't any sign of it yet.

Make no mistake, we've been beyond bad away from home. The only reason we haven't been hammered is because we are literally playing part time footballers.

And the whole injury thing - bizarre. We've not been in the position to gun a team away from home. Why assume they would chop us in half? You talk about it as if it was a guarantee. Isn't it just as likely for their head to drop and for them to give up?

Secondly, are you truly suggesting we were seeking to keep the score down in order to stop bad tackles? Or that it is a good idea? Barmy. Yes, if we get 4-0 up at half time, ease off second half - but don't ease off when a single goal up and conceding chances!

Your position that footballers, losing heavily to Rangers, will actively seek to break our legs is bonkers.

Bad pitch, young team, whatever - it shouldn't stop us from dominating against every part time team. We don't need Total football, we just need football at times.

I'll take the win

When all is said and done we played a pub team, anyone who thinks this is progress needs to take another look, I expect a lot better shouldn't we all.Time for excuses of any kind are long gone.

Excuses for a 1-0 win in the cup? What should we excuse?