CG: "The players dream of a free punch at me but I was right..."

I couldn't genuinely hate a country that produced a man the calibre of Tony Vidmar. Simply impossible

Fucking quality is my pal Tony :thumbup: I was gutted for him when he missed out playing in the World cup finals because of a heart condition that could have killed him.

That goal he scored against Parma in the CLQ in 1999 will remain with me for ever. He did ok for a Slovak (is that derogatory?) born in Adelaide.

Not the greatest player we've had but I wish we had him in our defence now....and I AIN'T joking :pipe:

Not for me it isn't. I've got one that lives around the corner from me, and a "chilly willy" (Chilean) who lives two doors away.

We have good fun argiung about the Falklands while having a few beers :cheers::box:

When you talk about an "Argie", I take it you are referring to a former Spanish colonialist's descendent whose compatriots occupy an area of the south eastern part of South America? :)

As the islanders have clearly decided, the Falkland Islands are British. :uk:

When you talk about an "Argie", I take it you are referring to a former Spanish colonialist's descendent whose compatriots occupy an area of the south eastern part of South America? :)

As the islanders have clearly decided, the Falkland Islands are British. :uk:

That's correct. I call him "the mongo from the Maldives" Slightly derogatory,but after a few schooners of beer he hasn't a fucking clue what i'm saying anyway :lol:

:lol: being called an idiot because I've taken offence to the CEO of Rangers FC calling an associate a 'Paki'. 'Paki' isn't a term of endearment. It has always been used as a derogatory word. From the day my [indian] grandparents stepped foot in the UK in 1955 they were abused with the word 'Paki'. When my dad was growing up in Govanhill he was abused with the word 'Paki'. Fast forward and I, myself, have experienced this on countless occasions here.

There is no context argument. It's an offensive word. I don't care where you grew up or what words you chose to use, it is offensive to me and the ethnic group to which I belong.

I don't know what I'm more angry at : CG's comment or the ammunition he's given those in the Asian community in Glasgow who consistently spread bile that Rangers are a "racist club"...

I'll leave it at that. You're all entitled to your own opinion.

It's interesting, I have friends with Pakistani heritage and friends with Indian heritage, the former use the word Paki very often to refer to themselves and their friends whilst the latter despises it due to similar reasons as yourself (although the anger seems more to be that someone would think he had Pakistani roots than the word itself. ) despite this hatred of the word though he uses it himself in a derogatory manner towards people who are actually from Pakistan. Context is important and I can't disagree with Charles Green's views on political correctness but at the same time I don't think he should be using interviews about Rangers to get on his soapbox and let out irrelevant opinions he has on other matters.

Hardly any wonder with our shite football.

You are an idiot.

I see the point but in Scotland anyway the interpretation of our club is negative regardless of what anyone says or does.

"Not sure my mother-in-law likes me... I think I will go round and punch her in the jaw."

"Green is bidding to adapt to life in a bitterly divided city where he is left bemused by the role religion still plays in our football"

Just explain to him that the population is divided at 5 years old along religious lines at the instistance of the roman church and I'm sure he will understand

I despise apartheid schooling and I am non-religious... However, do you think Glasgow is the only city in the world with such a schooling system.

And when you answer no, then perhaps you can address the real question....

If you come to Australia they will call you a "POMMY BASTARD" because these Kangaroo hopping convicts love "stirring the Possum"

When I came here in 1966 I've had more fucking blues than a bull can shit because I rose to the bait,but once I got the hang of it, then I went with the flow.

Made me a lot of friends and a lot less black eyes,I can tell you :pipe:

I got the pommy bastard shit constantly, mostly in jest. But then thats a concept lost in scotland now.

I go to a wee shop round the corner regularly, the old boy their tells me his dad moved from pakistan to bridgeton. He says to me "you could say im a proddy paki!". We both laughed, despite him offending us both. Amazin eh.

I fail to see the offence in using a direct abbreviation for a nationality.

It's not like calling a Scot a Jock or an Irish guy a Paddy.

It's a simple abbreviation of Pakistani.

Probably would have been better if CG hand not said it yet there again it seems some people are determined to see racism in anything, and if enough people buy into it we start to cringe when someone uses a perfectly legitimate abbreviation, simply because it involves 'non whites'.

A few years ago an aide to the Mayor of Chicago used the word 'niggardly' in a budget speech.

Despite the fact that it's root is Scandanavian Old Norse and means miserly there was uproar after one person complained.

All everyone thought was 'it's got n***er in it so it must be racist'.

He had to resign from his job.

Going by some of the replies on this thread it's lucky CG didn't say niggardly.

As far as i'm concerned he has nothing to apologise for.Though it was naive of him.

I wonder if 'Hamilton Acci' would have been better.

What's the point in these interviews with the media all the time? It's starting to annoy me now, I'm getting fed up of seeing his name in the media all the time and some of the things he comes out with are ridiculous.

Gee it a rest Charles, you're doing more harm than good at the moment.

Go to fuck then, i'm sick of cunts like you just moaning for the sake of it. He tells the truth he's not scared of what people think thats good.

Thank fuck we have a guy who is not a shitebag.

Go to fuck then, i'm sick of cunts like you just moaning for the sake of it. He tells the truth he's not scared of what people think thats good.

Thank fuck we have a guy who is not a shitebag.

spot on mate,for years we had a guy who told us nothing and let others walk all over us.

Charlie isn't perfect by a long way but he doesn't take any shit from anyone and keeps the fans up to date.

I trust the guy to do what's best for Rangers (and himself) and I can see great things ahead for us.

Maybe that's what scares some on here and in the media.

If anyone is offended by this then all you are doing is validating Charles Greens claim that the world has gone ridiculously PC......Internet mafia and judgments are made on absolutely everything now! When did we come such a judgmental and perma offended society?

Maybe, just maybe, he let that slip intentionally to draw heat away from the Whyte shit that's doing the rounds just now. For all his statements, he doesn't strike me as the type to speak like that without considering his words first.

If he didn't, I don't like it - it'll just cause shit for us, but our chairmen have done and said way worse in the past.