Generic Gaming thread (formerly known as the PS4 Thread)

Iakona

On 07/04/2020 at 15:11, SkylineBlue said:

Has anyone else played RES2? The decision to introduce Mr.X earlier in the game and during the main story was a bad one, in my opinion. Yes, it does heighten the tension a bit as you do feel you are being stalked, but it totally throws off the pacing of the game for me.

Haven’t played RE2 yet because the idea of being pursed the whole time puts me off completely. I don’t see what it would add to the game at all. 

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Haven’t played RE2 yet because the idea of being pursed the whole time puts me off completely. I don’t see what it would add to the game at all. 

It's not the whole time but it is for a fair chunk of the first act, if you want to call it that. Once you get out of the police station he seems to have largely disappeared. He did come back again later and after I dodged thar encounter with him he's gone and that made the whole thing much more impactful. Bizarrely RES3 is getting a lot of criticism because Nemesis doesn't chase you for the whole game which means we're probably in the minority. For me, it just threw the pacing off for a big chunk of the middle of the game and didnt add any value. 

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Defo wait mate.

I completed it first try in 3 hours 20 minutes. There's a trophy for under 2 hours as well!

Its a good game but not worth £40-50

Lots of people saying it should've been DLC for RE2 with the amount of content in it,that so much was cut from the original game and they fucked with Nemesis as well. 

So disappointing from Capcom. 

RE4 remake supposedly in the works now though I'd expect RE8 out before that. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Lots of people saying it should've been DLC for RE2 with the amount of content in it,that so much was cut from the original game and they fucked with Nemesis as well. 

So disappointing from Capcom. 

RE4 remake supposedly in the works now though I'd expect RE8 out before that. 

I enjoyed it, it has some decent replay value, nightmare mode is brutal, inferno mode changes item locations and nemesis is lightning quick and brutal

The hospital section is one of the best gaming levels i have played simply for sheer atmosphere, you can actually believe it was like a last stand for the hospital workers in there

19 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Its not the whole time, in the A game you dont see him until you get back to the RPD after leaving it, then once you learn how to work him he's pretty easy, he will auto show up at certain bits but again its easy to jink him and lose him, 

Hearing his footsteps in the distance and him opening and closing doors is quite eerie mind you

Did any of you guys play Resident Evil: Revelations and Resident Evil: Revelations 2? 

They sort of slipped under the radar a little bit but I thought they were both really good, especially the first one. The stuff on the shop was like a perfect balance of the best bits of the survival horror of the early games and the more action style of RE4.

20 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I'm a massive Resident Evil fan, my favourite series of games of all time, but I find RE4 to be one of the most overrated games ever.

Its a great game, I have a limited edition RE4 gamecube, but the way people go on about the game is mental. Don't like the non zombie aspect personally. 

Wouldn't make my top 3 Resident evil games tbh, might sneak in at 5th best.

Thats a scandalous statement. The game is phenomenal, i regularly play through it.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I’m getting a lot more into Red Dead now that I’m a bit further into it.

I never got near completing it, I'd be trotting away on my way to the next mission and I'd hear something in the distance, before I'd know it I'd a wasted 2 hours fucking about 😂😂

6 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I’m getting a lot more into Red Dead now that I’m a bit further into it.

Red Dead takes a while to get going but when it does, its excellent. Go to the lake in the North West corner of the map early and get the white  Appalachian horse; it's one of the best in the game and its wild, so you can get it any time. I've never completed it because I don't get much time to sink into games anymore but if i do get a free night or whatever I always stick it on.