Official: Boyd signs one year deal

Sander2006

Totally disagree with your first point. Miller has worked hard to improve his game and make himself a top player, also a good example for the younger players. Boyd is a lazy player who could have worked hard but chose not to, read his recent comments about his time in the states for example.

Totally agree with your second point with a couple of exceptions.

Not sure I've got the same opinion of Boyd as you do - he was 2nd top scorer in the SPL last season for a team which finished near the bottom of the table. I appreciate he's had a bit of a blip in his career since leaving us, but most players goes through that at some point or another. I wouldn't say he's lazy either, maybe Miller does a lot more running on the park - but that isn't everything, Boyd has great positional sense and a natural ability of scoring goals.

Don't get me wrong, I hope Miller proves me wrong but I just feel we've missed a great opportunity to get a natural goal scorer in the team - something which we don't have currently.

Really disappointing if true. Boyd done brilliant last year and looks like he has pulled himself together looking fitter and has his scoring instinct back. Travesty if we dont sign him.

Travesty? We have Miller, Clark, Daly and Gallagher who are all capable of scoring goals to get us back into the SPL.

When you think of the amount of players he's brought in....

Aluko is the only one I'd sign again.

Yeah and he even made a co** up of that by only signing Aluko on a short term contract (most of which Aluko had to pay for himself).

I would have liked Boyd to come back but it's looking less likely to happen by the day.

Miller & Daly aren't likely to score somewhere close to 1 in 2 in the SPL now and Clark & Gallagher are still relatively unproven.

Boyd, even at 31/2, would and with only one season until we are back in the SPL we need to have one eye on signing players who are going to be able to help us finish as high as possible in our first season back.

I would have liked Boyd to come back but it's looking less likely to happen by the day.

Miller & Daly aren't likely to score somewhere close to 1 in 2 in the SPL now and Clark & Gallagher are still relatively unproven.

Boyd, even at 31/2, would and with only one season until we are back in the SPL we need to have one eye on signing players who are going to be able to help us finish as high as possible in our first season back.

This is true and pretty depressing.

Clarkes 23 FFS, will there ever be a time to give him a run??

Looking at the WC it's refreshing to see so many youngsters playing alongside more experienced players. England, Italy and especially France have showed that if you are good enough then you are old enough.

I personally think either Clarke or Gallagher would score 20+ goals in the Scottish championship next season playing alongside Miller.

It's mental to think Boyd is the ONLY player who can do this for us. Pathetic really tbh.

I just hope Ally has the balls to play them.

Yeah and he even made a co** up of that by only signing Aluko on a short term contract (most of which Aluko had to pay for himself).

It wouldn't matter how long the contract was because he walked away while he was still under contract anyway. Paying for most of his contract is a lie. He took a drop in wages and the difference was used towards paying off the sheep.

I'm uncertain on bringing BOyd back - I would ratehr have him than Miller and having both pretty much means Clark, Gallacher, etc won't get a look in behind Boyd, Miller and Daly.

That said, we know what we'd be getting with Boyd.

However, let's say we have decisded against signing him and he sings for the sheep.

Basically, the new resurgent Aberdeen....the new force in Scottish football....alll that usual pish we hear about them - they sign a guy that a Championship have knocked back. Exciting times indeed for the mutton molesters

I feat that this one may bite us on the arse if we don't sign him.

Why?

Do you think Boyd could propel the sheep to the title?

He had a very good season for Killie I give you that. He was the main man there but he wont be at the Sheep. He goes 3/4 games without scoring and running about falling on his arse up there he will get pelters from them. He wont play against the mhanks as you are a man down when he plays,so it won't be as comfortable as last year.

What are you afraid of? You think Aberdeen are going to punt him for £££'s in a few years??

What if we are sitting here in 2 years knocking back 2-3 mill bids from England for Gallagher? Impossible? With Boyd keeping him out yes..but no way..not if he is given a CHANCE and allowed to develop!

Boyd could have spearheaded our attack back in the SPFL for the next couple of years. However you cant say the same for Daly and Miller. Daly should have been no where near our team in the first place (and I am not talking about religion). I never rated him prior to joining us and I certainly don't now after seeing last seasons performances. Jig would have offered us far more in attack than Daly did and scored a shed load of goals. When we signed Miller, I believed it was a short term measure to partner Boyd and would have guaranteed us promotion next season. As many people have stated it's a no brainer. Unfortunately the only person that doesn't see this is that clueless idiot of a manager that we have. Sorry but that's how strongly I feel against Ally now for the damage that he has caused and is continuing to cause to our great club. He obviously doesn't like Boyd for whatever reason (and I have my own theories on that one), but Ally should never put his own personal grievances ahead of what would be beneficial to Rangers.

Why?

Do you think Boyd could propel the sheep to the title?

He had a very good season for Killie I give you that. He was the main man there but he wont be at the Sheep. He goes 3/4 games without scoring and running about falling on his arse up there he will get pelters from them. He wont play against the mhanks as you are a man down when he plays,so it won't be as comfortable as last year.

What are you afraid of? You think Aberdeen are going to punt him for £££'s in a few years??

What if we are sitting here in 2 years knocking back 2-3 mill bids from England for Gallagher? Impossible? With Boyd keeping him out yes..but no way..not if he is given a CHANCE and allowed to develop!

How about if we fail to get promotion next season or even if we do get back into the SPFL and Aberdeen pip us to a European spot. One thing is for sure is that we will get nowhere in the SPFL with a pairing of Miller and Daly.

... He obviously doesn't like Boyd for whatever reason (and I have my own theories on that one), but Ally should never put his own personal grievances ahead of what would be beneficial to Rangers.

I agree with you on that, but on the other hand, if Boyd had crossed a line or something in the past, then we would be raging if he was allowed to just waltz back in.

Sometimes you do have to cut your nose off to spite your face.

Not saying that's what it is, but it's possible.

How about if we fail to get promotion next season or even if we do get back into the SPFL and Aberdeen pip us to a European spot. One thing is for sure is that we will get nowhere in the SPFL with a pairing of Miller and Daly.

FFS you think we cant win the championship without Boyd??

Boyd wouldn't have guaranteed us 2nd place either??

I agree with your point about Miller and Daly but they don't form the basis of my argument. We have no money so we need to take a risk on Clarke and Gallagher, especially the latter.

We won't get anywhere in the SPFL with the likes of Perluta, Jig, Moshni, Smith, Foster, Hutton, Shiels and Daly to be honest. Strikers the one department where we do have potential from what I can see.

His agent is doing his job by prostituting him around to the highest bidder, the article posted earlier (BBC) said he had a few options to consider before deciding his future ie: money, contract etc... nothing is certain - even when they have their picture taken holding that famous top. :wink:

I

nope but he'll certainly help them pummel us when we go up in the state we're in.

Agreed that anyone could pummel our terrible defense but a decent CH will have Boyd in his back pocket. Boyd scores the majority of his goals against lesser opposition, I wouldn't be overly converned about him 'pummeling' us if we improved that department.

Agreed that anyone could pummel our terrible defense but a decent CH will have Boyd in his back pocket. Boyd scores the majority of his goals against lesser opposition, I wouldn't be overly converned about him 'pummeling' us if we improved that department.

but when are we going to get the defence sorted? it should have been priority, instead ally goes for Miller and a mentality of "leak if we must, as long as we score one more than them".

i honestly don't think he'll bolster it much next season either. he could have the pick of bougherra hutton and cuellar just now but he's not shown any interest and this is the guy who brought Foster and Smith back.