Ally McCoist - all chat in here

Adoniram

706 members have voted

1. 1. Is Ally the man for the job?

Not that I can remember right now. We created a good chance at 0-0 though - the header from Aird which he should have scored.

Not one single shot on target in the entire match from Rangers. And I can remember very few goal attempts at all.

P.S. I was sober at the time, unfortunately!

did mcinnes win a domestic up, has ally won one yet?

ally had the second highest wage budget in 2011, ally has STILL the second highest wage budget in the country

remind me how ally got on in europe and list his domestic successes again? shouldnt take you too long tbh, incase you have forgotten ecks

he won the SPL twice

The scottish cup twice

The league cup 3 times

the champions league group stages twice

the uefa cup group stage once

the champions league last 16 once

pretty impressive for a gaffer that was relegated with hibs and failed to do much with motherwell

The Uefa cup group stage? Holy fuck. Why is he still unemployed?

I don't think Ally is the man for the job anymore, the personal insults are however embarrassing.

What worries me most about Ally is he seems happy with the level of performance and the style of football.

Were he to acknowledge that there was a long way to go and that performances from last year would not be acceptable I could at least hope something will change.

You can bet for every fan who thinks player A should get a game there's another who will think he's absolutely useless. For every fan who wants 4-4-2 there's another who wants to play 4-5-1 or 3-4-3....

it seems like ally wants to try every fucking formation going as well

I find it ironic that people want rid of McCoist but drool over managers cut from the same cloth such as McCall, McInnes and Butcher (pre-Hibs).

Personally, when its time for Ally to go i would prefer someone who offers fresh new ideas (even if it is a relative unknown) however to change our football phylosophy will not happen over night without a big pile of cash.

it seems like ally wants to try every fucking formation going as well

And what's wrong with that exactly? This is the time to do it that's for sure.

Better trying them while you know your guaranteed to win the league or alternatively during pre-season.

And what's wrong with that exactly? This is the time to do it that's for sure.

Better trying them while you know your guaranteed to win the league or alternatively during pre-season.

trying them is okay when you already have a set system that you can revert to when its not going to well

right now we dont have a settled system whatsoever, we havent used one system enough to be comfortable with it, and thats pretty shocking given the season starts this week (tu)

remind me again of ally's successes with the second highest wage bill in scottish football, you continually ignore this question

Well the first season he finished second in the SPL despite a 10 point deduction and should have qualified for the CL due to our league position.

The following season he won the 3rd division at a canter

The season after that he won League one without losing a game and didn't drop a point until boxing day, reached the semi final of the scottish cup where we lost to Dundee United (who we haven't beat in the cup since the 70's) and blew the ramsdens.

For someone who is so desperate for McCoist to go I'd have thought you'd have known this.

Well the first season he finished second in the SPL despite a 10 point deduction and should have qualified for the CL due to our league position.

The season after that he won League one without losing a game and didn't drop a point until boxing day, reached the semi final of the scottish cup where we lost to Dundee United (who we haven't beat in the cup since the 70's) and blew the ramsdens.

For someone who is so desperate for McCoist to go I'd have thought you'd have known this.

finishing 2nd isnt a success, losing a semi final isnt a success, for someone who values results over entertainment, lavishing praise over defeats seems fucking stupid

so to sum up allys successes

2 lower league titles

ummmm that seems to be it

finishing 2nd isnt a success, losing a semi final isnt a success, for someone who values results over entertainment, lavishing praise over defeats seems fucking stupid

so to sum up allys successes

2 lower league titles

ummmm that seems to be it

Where have I 'lavished praise' over it? Most posters on here at the start of last season said they'd view a cup run as a success. Who knows, you night even have been one of them.

okay, so what makes ally a good manager and lennon not a good manager

they have massively overspent to win two league titles that are worthless, Lennon has managed to win a domestic cup mind you, oh and he made it to the last 16 of the CL with that shower of shite

so what makes ally a better manager than him

Sartorial elegance! :pipe:

Lennon did not have to rebuild a team, or work on a fifth of the budget previous Celtic managers had to, nor deal with all the external pressures of holding a club together under the I onslaught admin caused and the whole licence/ SFA / type shite. He could attract players with the lure of CL football and not the lure if the bottom division.

Oh and he was able to have transfer windows unencumbered by transfer bans, embargoes and he had a supportive board. ( he also did not have to deal with the Ramsdens Cup :pipe: Ally also did not sign Anthony Stokes! )

Based on the above Lennon had it easy and therefore Ally, IMHO is a better manager.

trying them is okay when you already have a set system that you can revert to when its not going to well

right now we dont have a settled system whatsoever, we havent used one system enough to be comfortable with it, and thats pretty shocking given the season starts this week (tu)

I thought Ally only played 451 now your saying he does not have a settled, fall back system? :pipe:

I don't think Ally is the man for the job anymore, the personal insults are however embarrassing.

What worries me most about Ally is he seems happy with the level of performance and the style of football.

Were he to acknowledge that there was a long way to go and that performances from last year would not be acceptable I could at least hope something will change.

You can bet for every fan who thinks player A should get a game there's another who will think he's absolutely useless. For every fan who wants 4-4-2 there's another who wants to play 4-5-1 or 3-4-3....

Should be a cracking, high scoring game next Sunday, Rangers (4-5-1) v Hearts (4-6-0).

It was actually 3 wins and two draws (won both on PKs) one of the sides McInnes knocked out was one we knocked out of the Ramsdens that season (Falkirk) and one we beat in the league cup the year before (Motherwell) and the third (St Johnstone) we haven't played since the SPL (where McCoist had an unbeaten record against them)

McLeish punched above his weight? He had the second biggest budget in the country before qualifying for the last 16 of the CL with the lowest points total of any side ever. Bu aye, punched above his weight...

Second biggest budget, you keep destroying your already threadbare musings.

Eh? Davier Cooper replay in 1981 (4-1), then beat them at Tannadump 1-0 after 2-2 draw at Ibrox in 1988 or 89. And that's off the top of my head.

Get it right if you want to argue with folk.

Eh? Davier Cooper replay in 1981 (4-1), then beat them at Tannadump 1-0 after 2-2 draw at Ibrox in 1988 or 89. And that's off the top of my head.

Get it right if you want to argue with folk.

Some folk don't let facts get in the way.

1-0, March 27 1989

I read that and wondered if I was going senile.

Why? Because I could have written that, word for depressing word, and I wondered if I had.

When so many can see it, why do others not?

If so many can see it, why do they seem to care so much about those who disagree with them?

The OP was about the case or sacking the Manager now. It's not going to happen 'now' because the objective he and the squad are working to as set by the Board in the April Review document is to win the Championship in this s2014/15 Unless it becomes evident that the objective won't be met or is under sufficient threat of not being met then despite all the threads, articles and posts Ally McCoist will be given the backing of the Board and, by implication, the benefit of doubt.

You can feel the tension in the threads and the posts about the pre-season games, the abilities of the Manager, the tactics, the playing players out of position and so on. As many have said there would have been no excuse in the last 2 seasons for not winning promotion. There is no excuse this season either with the quality (on paper) and experience of the squad. But the pressure at Rangers for success this season to return to the top fight could prove to be a burden too heavy for them. That may be what many in the Support privately consider to be a real risk and which brings itself out in posts that pick up on what are justifiably perceived to be managerial shortcomings that result in games where confidence in the end goal gets dented. The spiral of vocal concern takes hold and 40 odd pages later the debate and arguments are in full flow.

If the games in August go badly, or are on balance ('all in all' to borrow Ally's phrase following the Derby game) less than ideally where Rangers would want to be results-wise at he end of August, then 40 pages on here would look like the starter for 10. And its more than possible that the spiral of vocal concern is heard more loudly at game.......which would heap more pressure onto a squad where handling that pressure is (imo) far from evident at present. If any encouragement could be given it would be to back the team to the absolute hilt and save any vocal concerns for social media sites. Speaking entirely personally I want the team be given every opportunity and encouragement to deliver the results even if that is despite of and not necessary a direct consequence of the way they are set up to play.