10,000 Bears

five stars

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger First has now over 10,000 members!

How big could it realistically become?

Whats the best way to spend the money raised?

Could in theory increase until the fans own 50.1% of the club

Can't look past a time machine, in my opinion, or a program like DIY SOS, maybe along the lines of Gardeners hit squad.

Theres a club to be re-built how will buying into a fan share scheme now help with that?

Genuine question.

Have some funds available but feel it would be better to wait until I can actually buy into the club to help rebuild it not merely buy shares on the open market through a fans scheme.

I find it pleasing so many fans are signing up but worried that the outcome may be far different to what they hope.

What is the long term goal for RF?

How much money is it going to take?

How many shares will be needed if Dave King does win and goes ahead with a new share issue?

Will the shares bought have any influence on the boardroom?

If so what % (and cost) will it take?

Once that figure has been hit who engages with the fans?

Will the dd's continue indefinitely once all shares have been issued?

Now there may well be answers on the RF site to some of these questions. And since i am not a member i haven't looked in great depth to see if these are addressed.

I just feel that it needs a helluva lot more money than the fans think to make a real difference

I find it pleasing so many fans are signing up but worried that the outcome may be far different to what they hope.

What is the long term goal for RF?

How much money is it going to take?

How many shares will be needed if Dave King does win and goes ahead with a new share issue?

Will the shares bought have any influence on the boardroom?

If so what % (and cost) will it take?

Once that figure has been hit who engages with the fans?

Will the dd's continue indefinitely once all shares have been issued?

Now there may well be answers on the RF site to some of these questions. And since i am not a member i haven't looked in great depth to see if these are addressed.

I just feel that it needs a helluva lot more money than the fans think to make a real difference

I'm reading through their site now as I share your concerns, I'm considering the club 1872 scheme where I can pass on membership to my boy but since my funds are limited I cant help thinking that I would be better waiting and putting my cash into the club directly in order to help rebuild it

the more membears RF have the more money that they will spend,firstly on shares then in the future there will be voting on what part of rangers that we help fund, can only say that a fiver every month would be better going to RF than buying a scarf as ashley would get the majority of that fiver.

Excellent to see and it is greta we are finally making up for lost time.

Saldy RF shoudl have been around in 2012 and we may have what so many people crave - i.e. meaningful fan presence within the shareholding of the club.

Hind sight is a wonderful thing thougfg and art least now the momentum is there it can be kept going.

I'd say there is potential for a realistic 25-30k membership within our support. If we really pressed it forward, it coudl be double that

bump, on 16 Feb 2015 - 3:39 PM, said:bump, on 16 Feb 2015 - 3:39 PM, said:

the more membears RF have the more money that they will spend,firstly on shares then in the future there will be voting on what part of rangers that we help fund, can only say that a fiver every month would be better going to RF than buying a scarf as ashley would get the majority of that fiver.

Or a dodgy red and black striped shirt that has nothing to do with Rangers FC.

Obviously shares, but from the market or wait for a rights issue?

When a meaning percentage of shares are acquired do we continue to purchase them or look to spent the money in other ways to benefit Rangers. e.g. Invest in the youth, transfer fees etc?

Anyway well done to the 10,000 Bears.