Angela Haggerty sacked from Herald

Lidl

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

She wasn't sacked nor is she a reporter. She's an columnist who is a freelancer whom the Sunday Herald stopped using until it all settled down. Iirc her whole thing is social media based and is nothing  more than an opinion piece. Which makes it more likely she'll fuck up again shortly and they'll have to stop using her. Again. 

I totally understand all that - but they are still employing her (freelance or not) - the same with Jim Spence at the BBC. It's just a minor detail that they aren't on a full time contract or retainer but still get paid to do work for them.

As I said I hope the likes of Douglas Park are watching carefully.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I totally understand all that - but they are still employing her (freelance or not) - the same with Jim Spence at the BBC. It's just a minor detail that they aren't on a full time contract or retainer but still get paid to do work for them.

As I said I hope the likes of Donald Park are watching carefully.

Douglas , 

Donald park was an ex player. 

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

As I said I hope the likes of Douglas Park are watching carefully.

She's not "employed" by them. If she was  they'd have had to undergo disciplinary process etc. Spence was a contracted BBC employee who resigned. 

I get paid to do work for a few different places. None are my employer and I don't have the same legal rights as their contracted employees. 

Just now, The Dude said:

She's not "employed" by them. If she was  they'd have had to undergo disciplinary process etc. Spence was a contracted BBC employee who resigned. 

I get paid to do work for a few different places. None are my employer and I don't have the same legal rights as their contracted employees. 

She's getting paid by them to do a job for them. What's the correct terminology then? and does it really matter the terminology anyway?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

She's getting paid by them to do a job for them. What's the correct terminology then? and does it really matter the terminology anyway?

She's just a freelancer. Nothing more. I've done paid freelance work for the SFA and Trinity Mirror and currently do some for Johnstone Press. None were my employer. I don't get holidays or sick pay or have the right to disciplinary process. If they decide tomorrow they don't want to use me they can simply choose never to call me again.

Just now, The Dude said:

She's just a freelancer. Nothing more. I've done paid freelance work for the SFA and Trinity Mirror and currently do some for Johnstone Press. None were my employer. I don't get holidays or sick pay or have the right to disciplinary process. If they decide tomorrow they don't want to use me they can simply choose never to call me again.

I knowwwwww

But

They are still paying her to do work for them.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I knowwwwww

But

They are still paying her to do work for them.

And I was paid by the SFA despite never being employed by them. ;)

You can't sack someone you don't employ.

They are effectively buying a column from her that she could, in theory, hock to the highest bidder. 

Journalism used to be a respected profession but it is just a joke in the modern age.

Who even buys newspapers anymore?, and I bet very few read them online from cover to cover the way people used to do the paperbacks back in the day.

I used to get hot and bothered about these kind of columns but now I am just blah blah yea yea when I see these threads on here.

9 minutes ago, mo55 said:

Journalism used to be a respected profession but it is just a joke in the modern age.

Who even buys newspapers anymore?, and I bet very few read them online from cover to cover the way people used to do the paperbacks back in the day.

I used to get hot and bothered about these kind of columns but now I am just blah blah yea yea when I see these threads on here.

That is why The Independent is going "on line" only. And as for today's "journalists", they are ALL pathetic egocentric morons.

50 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

That is why The Independent is going "on line" only. And as for today's "journalists", they are ALL pathetic egocentric morons.

Before long they'll all go that way. It's like selling VHS when everyone is using DVDs. 

Having worked with a wide variety of journalists over the last few years you couldn't be further from the truth there. 

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The cow is tweeting that she has her sunday column back in the herald

No doubt what her first column will be about, rabid tarrier cow

I see the beeb have a big article all about it on the website.  Be warned there's also a big picture 

<bleaches eyeballs>

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The cow is tweeting that she has her sunday column back in the herald

No doubt what her first column will be about, rabid tarrier cow

With your prediction will be more physical than metaphorical.

Oh shite that response was meant to be for ChesterPerry omment.

3 hours ago, Corky True Legend said:

There will be a balance of online and print depending on the circulation and the price and volume of advertising there is for the foreseeable future, but you are spot on about "journos", they say that empty vessels make the most noise and that is the case with called "journos" nowadays, as in trying to make their bones they will do and say anything to get attention in a market where anybody with a keyboard can be a "journo". There are no "journos" nowadays really as is proved with the fact that the hag can get a gig with the herald on a card from a local college. The elitism is long gone as is the respect of a once impartial profession now infiltrated with scum only with agendas advancing their own politics, and as for any decent "journos" that remain they I'm afraid are as well being absent with their dignified silence on matters !:sherlock:

To be fair if you were not a member of a Scottish football forum you would probably not know who she is. This is the case for a lot of my mates over here who are regulars at Ibrox ,when I have mentioned her the name did not register with them....Spiers yes(instant tourettes)her no.

Take Haggertys online acquaintance with mad Phil out of the equation and your left with little more than a spell checker. Cutting edge journalist my arse ! So far she's made a few bob out of her favourite subject,you guessed it Rangers. I wonder how much of her small fortune she has donated to all the poor businesses she claims Rangers shamefully deprived money of.  Truth is like all her type she couldn't give a flying f*** for our creditors but loves telling us how shameful we are . Angela still can't see the difference between a club and a plc which makes her either stupid or more probably doesn't suit her very obvious craving to continually  push the sevco nonsense. The first and most important trait of any credible "journalist " is objectivity  but when it comes to Rangers she has as much of that as her three named colaborator . She comes across as a very bitter victim with no credibility.

Believe it or not but she is currently on BBC Radio Scotland taking part in a discussion on Buses

What ?

Why ?

How can she blame us for timetables/ pricing/ routes etc.

Didn't take them long in giving her a platform did it ?