Gostomski Offski

Big Al 55

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In hindsight we obviously didn't need him, but at the time of the signing MW wanted to send the youngster out on loan to gain experience and at the time Bell was still injured so the club weren't 100% sure when Bell would be fit enough for the squad or even if he would ask to leave during the January transfer window.

At least the contract offered at the time was a sensible short term contract and therefore we weren't tied down to having to pay a player off who could have easily been offered a longer contract.

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Thats the one! Im sure I remember him saying that he was a bit of a hothead but had ability and would be great if he just took his chance to knuckle down?

I guess you'd have to have something in your locker to be first choice for Lech Poznan. Fair enough they're not Real Madrid, but pretty sure they won the league last season he was there. Have no doubt he could have been something, Warburton has yet to make any other bad signings, but I assume culture change would have had a lot to do with it.

20 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

I guess you'd have to have something in your locker to be first choice for Lech Poznan. Fair enough they're not Real Madrid, but pretty sure they won the league last season he was there. Have no doubt he could have been something, Warburton has yet to make any other bad signings, but I assume culture change would have had a lot to do with it.

People sometimes underestimate the whole experience of moving to a different country. I have been through it and have experience in that field.. it can greatly affect you.

31 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

He was wroking outwith football when he joined us

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

must've been shit to not get in the squad ahead of bell.

Just what I was thinking. Or, like the rest of the Poles, he couldn't or wouldn't put the vodka bottle down.

His throat yes, but I've the feeling he displeased the training guys big time, otherwise, what did we sign him for.

Hearing it was a plan by the gaffer to give Cammy Bell some confidence, showing that he is better than what he thinks etc.

When the news broke today Mark went over to give Cammy a high 5 and Cammy missed and ended up in the back of the net, we're apparently looking at other keepers now.

Was this a tactical move by the gaffer ? 

Timing in this one is everything for me , he comes in, makes wes keep his form up as there is more competition and also makes bell speed up his recovery after several months out .....

Then as soon as bell is fully fit he is off ski .....

another MW masterstroke :crywank:

.... That's me thinking positively anyway 

3 hours ago, Goianegra said:

OzBlue? 

Yes it was me who said it,mate! Maciej Gostomski is an excellent Goalkeeper,although like all 'keepers he makes mistakes at times. I never doubted his ability to push big Wes for the top position,although I did have concerns how he would settle to life in Glasgow. I have watched Gostomski on many occasions and would almost put him on par with Foderingham, so for him to leave suggests to me that something other than ability is the reason for his departure.

I had a few discussions about his signing with 'The Dude' and we both thought it an odd signing at the time, which as time passed and Bell was always on the bench became even more strange. I hope big Maciej goes back home to Kartuzy and spends some time with his family before getting his career back on track; In fact, I'll be there in a few weeks time so I might manage to meet the man and ask him what happened.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Strange signing in the first place - the little I seen of him in under 20s he won't be any sort of loss 

Your first part of the sentence I agree with- The second part I don't agree with; and I say that because I have seen him play many times in many high pressure games and the big man has been top drawer.

11 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Your first part of the sentence I agree with- The second part I don't agree with; and I say that because I have seen him play many times in many high pressure games and the big man has been top drawer.

With all due respect it doesn't matter what he's done previously if he's not doing it now it's better he goes - we can only go on what he's done for us