Rangers FC statement

8 minutes ago, now then forever said:

Outstanding statement. Slightly off topic but I'm hearing there's been trouble down leith walk tonight. Loads of police involved. 

Trouble in Leith.  That surely must have been caused by Rangers fans?  

For the first time in 4 years I feel we are at last fighting back. I think it will be a long hard fight but I have every confidence this board will keep taking the fight to our haters.  I feel that I was very naïve when the level of hate was exposed back 4 years ago, I really couldn't understand it. However I've thought about the revenue we bring to all the other clubs and I no longer care about their future. They do not deserve us.

3 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Really? Do you think that he's actually tweeted that himself? Bollocks!!

I'd think he'll be aware of what is tweeted on his twitter. I think he'll be aware of a riot at a football ground on British soil. Just like Nicola.

As PM, If he isn't aware of either he's even more of a moron. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The facts of yesterday's events are now irrelevant, as the club has since come out and attacked the mhedia in no uncertain terms. The line in the sand is drawn and the sides are now taken. It's now us against the rest. This is going to be one down and dirty campaign and if we think the mhedia gave us a hard time previously, I think we have seen nothing yet. The words from the club could not have been any harder and our club and the fans need every bit of resolve that can be mustered as I am thinking this is going to get bad. I say, bring it on. We will no longer be fucked with, in being a source of entertainment for our haters and the punch bag of the nation. 

Totally agree, the stakes have been raised big style.  However, as well as resolve our fans will need to be disciplined.  The mhedia will be all out to shove the club's words down our own throat if we are not.  As per normal, there will be plenty of spurious and exaggerated attempts to paint us in a bad light.  All of us need to avoid playing into their hands and make it easy for them.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I'd think he'll be aware of what is tweeted on his twitter. I think he'll be aware of a riot at a football ground on British soil. Just like Nicola.

If he isn't aware of either he's even more of a moron. 

Fair doos. All politicians are arseholes anyway so no argument here!!

It is unbelievable we are in a world where people are still attacking us for being attacked? If anything the reporting as the day has gone is getting worse. They say we are playing the victims? I literally think we have entered the twilight zone and it ok to behave in the way Hibs did and then anyone who then came out and told the truth has been pursued otherwise and this is getting completely sweeped away it's heartbreaking, was TE standing there fearing for the small children around him when that baying mob ran the length of the pitch towards us? No :(