***Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread***

G.E.C.

5 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I can see us going with a 4-5-1 when defending that transitions into 4-3-3 in attack. Pretty interchangeable.

In my head would be something like

Wes

Tav Kiernan Senderos Wallace

Barton Halliday

Windass McKay Forrester

And 1 of miller waggy and garner up top. 

Windass n Forrester working up and down the wings with Barrie in the number 10 role supporting front man and winning free kicks all over. 

We play 433, no idea why people think that's going to change now!

8 minutes ago, GOAT said:

We play 433, no idea why people think that's going to change now!

If you actually take the time read it I do say it's a 4-5-1 in defence and 4-3-3 in attack. 

Same as saying 

Forrester Barton Halliday

McKay Miller Windass

But players know they have a number of roles to play. 

29 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I can see us going with a 4-5-1 when defending that transitions into 4-3-3 in attack. Pretty interchangeable.

In my head would be something like

Wes

Tav Kiernan Senderos Wallace

Barton Halliday

Windass McKay Forrester

And 1 of miller waggy and garner up top. 

Windass n Forrester working up and down the wings with Barrie in the number 10 role supporting front man and winning free kicks all over. 

Sounds good in theory but after the first hard challenge McKay will go into hiding and revert to playing a short pass (usually back to Wallace) instead of taking his man on. So he'll probably win 1 free kick.

5 minutes ago, Misteral said:

If Kranjcar doesn't start I'll be astounded. Can't believe some folk don't have him in starting XI. 

We need legs in midfield. Halliday, Rossitier and Barton will be the midfield three I reckon.

I don't like Barton and Rossiter both starting, think they're too similar.  I'd play Barton dm for this one.  Also feel we need a mobile, attacking midfielder in there, ones that's going to run with the ball and make runs in to the box.  If Windass is fit enough I'd go with him, if not it's likely to be Forrester.  For this game I'd probably go with Halliday as the third one, after his performance in the last old firm game and he'll be up for the battle.  Then potentially bring on Niko in the second half when the game starts to open up a bit.  Lots of tough decisions, and good players that won't start.

I'd go with Wndass and MOH. Bench McKay who just aint doing it. Has become a bit of a shrinking violet and shit scared of a tackle, so the scumdome won't be the place for him as they will batter us from the off as is their usual tactic, knowing the ref will be looking the other way. Barton to stand tall in this one. Just hope the central defence are on a bit of powder before the off.

I'd go with 

Foderingham

Tav - Kiernan - Senderos - Wallace

Barton

Kranjcar - Windass

MOH - Garner - Miller

Bring on Forrester for Windass, McKay for Kranjcar and Waghorn for Miller/Garner depending on who has scored. Their midfield is slow enough as it is, after dealing with 60 minutes of Windass pelting across the field they will be ripped apart when McKay and Forrester come on. 

Guest Lloyd72

Wes

Tavernier  Senderos  Kiernan  Wallace     

Barton   

Forrester            Windass    

MOH                                               Mckay

Garner

Miller on as a 60 minute sub, Windass would be good to see start but it'll probably be Halliday in his place. MOH has to start, surely there's no way he can be overlooked yet again after how good he has been this season in limited minutes, his movement off the ball is good, he has pace and great dribbling and he runs at people which is exactly what we're missing. 

Guest Lloyd72
11 minutes ago, MelbourneBlue said:

I like the team overall - swap McKay in for the Harry on the wing and it will give the tarriers a lot of problems!

I agree, was thinking maybe drop Mckay and put forrester on the wing which is why he was there but I couldn't think of another midfielder to put next to him.

Guest Lloyd72

Is anyone else worried we might put Waggy in midfield like we did against Linfield when he came on? I thought it was really strange, maybe I'm reading into it too much.

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Is anyone else worried we might put Waggy in midfield like we did against Linfield when he came on? I thought it was really strange, maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Was he proper in the midfield? Maybe it was a bit of experimentation since it was friendly. 

In saying that he may of just been providing support or that, maybe taking it easy and focusing on getting fit rather than being and out n out striker. 

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Was he proper in the midfield? Maybe it was a bit of experimentation since it was friendly. 

In saying that he may of just been providing support or that, maybe taking it easy and focusing on getting fit rather than being and out n out striker. 

When we made subs we had 4 attackers on the pitch and it was quite clear that the front 3 was MOH Miller and Garner so Waggy moved deep into midfield even into CDM at one point when Barton pushed up field. It might have been experimenting because for the last 10 minutes of the game it looked to me like we played a 442 with Halliday Barton Kranjcar Waggy in midfield and MOH Garner up top.:blink:

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

When we made subs we had 4 attackers on the pitch and it was quite clear that the front 3 was MOH Miller and Garner so Waggy moved deep into midfield even into CDM at one point when Barton pushed up field. It might have been experimenting because for the last 10 minutes of the game it looked to me like we played a 442 with Halliday Barton Kranjcar Waggy in midfield and MOH Garner up top.:blink:

Wouldn't imagine we'd find ourselves in the position of having 4 attackers on the field again. 

I think it was experimenting all n all. I could see that working in all honesty.

Halliday and Waggy acting as wingers that push up (Halliday and Waggy being fed by Wallace and Tav respectively) while Barton and Kranjcar distribute the ball. It'd offer more defensively since it'd likely work out as being

4 at the back, 2 in the mid and 4 up front, with 2 going in between mid and front and someone in mid being able to drop back to the backrow. 

I mean if you're going to experiment, best doing it while 6/7 nil up in a friendly :lol: 

Guest Lloyd72
27 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Wouldn't imagine we'd find ourselves in the position of having 4 attackers on the field again. 

I think it was experimenting all n all. I could see that working in all honesty.

Halliday and Waggy acting as wingers that push up (Halliday and Waggy being fed by Wallace and Tav respectively) while Barton and Kranjcar distribute the ball. It'd offer more defensively since it'd likely work out as being

4 at the back, 2 in the mid and 4 up front, with 2 going in between mid and front and someone in mid being able to drop back to the backrow. 

I mean if you're going to experiment, best doing it while 6/7 nil up in a friendly :lol: 

Was probably just to give Waggy a run out without making him overwork himself, but maybe it was a test because we have so many players now who have thrived in a 442 before like Barton, Wallace, WIndass, Crooks, Garner and Wilson

I think that system with the pace of MOH and the strength and finishing of Garner up front would work very well, MOH is the kind of player that Garner will love playing with because he has pace to get to the byline and will always look to pull the ball back for the striker to finish.