All Barton Chat.

theiconicman

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Or poor downtrodden Joey ripped into by the loyalist proddy bastard haliday who hates him cause he's a Catholic

It's no surprise that it's you sweetheart and blue avenger being vocal in support of him.

The 3 biggest fucking roasters on the site.  

Not sure why you would bring religion in to it at all to be honest.  Barton is still a Rangers player and none of us know what happened in training.  Sad to see so many with the pitchforks out for a guy that's played 5 games in a Rangers jersey.  I don't think I've ever seen such undeserved hated for Rangers player.

19 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

No...with all due respect this goes much much further than this thread, you're like a dog with a bone. The betting thread a classic example. You are quite often to be found in the boardroom section with absolutely ridiculous conspiracy theories, all with one common theme...they assume the absolute worst of those at the club. Now we're starting to see it with players too.

It's actually quite ironic you think you're trying to protect the Ranger's name, as I see it you're achieving the polar opposite.

And for the record I wasn't only referring to you with my post.

I debate the possible scenarios not conspiracy theories in threads. Debating worst case scenarios helps develop a clearer picture on what pitfalls that may come. As I said some people choose to debate the possible scenarios to make things make sense to them, others just want ignore situations and look on the bright side both are equally important to a balanced debate 

17 minutes ago, OhW said:

That's actually a pretty good point. Warburton does seem to be of the opinion that Auchenhowie should be treated like any other workplace in any other industry. He has said as much a few times in his press conferences. 

Without going into much detail, I'm currently going through something similar with my old employer. If be stunned if we had grounds to sack Barton and can only see him leaving soon if he's bought out of his deal. 

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

This isn't just about Halliday versus Barton, this is about posters who seem to hate all things Rangers.

Now that is utterly bizarre.

Indeed, some will side with anyone or anything as long as it's against and to have a go at the club.

Whether it be don't challenge Ashley, everything going on there is the Clubs fault, side with taig journalists in regards to Lescott, side with Barton, I could go on and on, the same people every time. 

And as said, doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant, of course we should, but it's tansparent as fuck. 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Without going into much detail, I'm currently going through something similar with my old employer. If be stunned if we had grounds to sack Barton and can only see him leaving soon if he's bought out of his deal. 

...Or an amicable settlement between the two parties for the player to leave? I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering.

1 hour ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

There's the key word in those ACAS guidelines.

This is anything but normal circumstances. It's a high profile footballer and the biggest football club in the country. Not some wee arsehole causing problems in a warehouse somewhere.

Pretty much normal for a training ground and yes the biggest football club and exactly why it was needed to be put to bed effectively and expediently. 

As for ACAS, exactly my original point, it is guidelines but gross misconduct does not neccessarily mean more complex and longer and in fact in the interest of both parties to conclude expediently.

Employment law is not just framed for some wee arsehole in a wharehouse, whom you can play with all day long if you so wished, but even that one wee arsehole can cause havoc reputationaly.  The Club whilst big in footballing terms, is small by comparison to multinational corporations who have much more to protect and global investors to answer to, but it is all relative. Hence why it is imperative to deal with in particular senior high profile employees effectively and expediently. No matter whether the offending party is in breach or you just want rid as not fitting in. If you have a cancer you cut it out immediately, not wait to let it spread.

None of it is rocket science. It's all down to cupability, liability, negotiation and money. Not hard and it doesn't take weeks. I do know that you understand the five days in ACAS and it is there for a reason.

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Indeed, some will side with anyone or anything as long as it's against and to have a go at the club.

Whether it be don't challenge Ashley, everything going on there is the Clubs fault, side with taig journalists in regards to Lescott, side with Barton, I could go on and on, the same people every time. 

Transparent as fuck. 

So giving Barton the benefit of the doubt (since none of actually know what happened) is now comparable to backing Mike Ashley?  This thread just keeps getting better and better.

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

...Or an amicable settlement between the two parties for the player to leave? I'm not disagreeing with you, just wondering.

Yeah, tbh that would fit him being bought out his deal. It's much the same path I'm going down and mines has been dragging on over a year now. 

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

(tu) All the best.

Cheers. 

I'd expect both sides want this over with. Another way around it could be simply freezing him out the first team. As an established professional if he doesn't play on a certain % of first team games he can simply rip his deal up and walk away. 

15 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

So giving Barton the benefit of the doubt (since none of actually know what happened) is now comparable to backing Mike Ashley?  This thread just keeps getting better and better.

11 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Is Joey Barton, Mike Ashley's alleged mole?

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Jesus fuck man it gets worse :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Asked a question 

1 minute ago, WGOH said:

Fucking hell :anguish: 

I asked a question, I didn't understand the reference to MA

19 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

It's backing anything or anyone to have a go at the club.

But you knew that anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Is Joey Barton, Mike Ashley's alleged mole?

As mental as it is, that's far from the maddest thing you've ever posted:lol: