*****The official Rangers v Them Match Thread****

wearethepeople1

8 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

I'm still not 100% though, Wilson might not be suspended since it was only his 1st yellow, but it was Forresters 2nd of the cup games so that might've been what was mentioned and I've heard it wrong.

In hindsight I'm starting to think it's just Forrester out... 

I'd absolutely chuck Wilson and Hill in our back line if the minor thigh injury is sorted by next Sunday. 

Agreed. If Wilson is fit and eligible he has to play.  Would seem harsh to get one yellow and miss a game for it. Can understand if Forrester has 2 but still raging about it :belm:

41 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

We don't have a settled starting 11 that clicks yet this is going to be a battle no tippy tippy shit in defence just go straight at them as they pressed our defence knowing we build from the back so MW needs to change it up for this one.

Spot on.  Every team playing against us is now doing it and we will often play ourselves into danger.  Do it against them, and not only will we be punished, I'll probably take a heart attack as well :lol:

A chance to right a wrong. Win this and 5-1 is a distant memory. That's all the motivation the players should need. 

I already feel better about it knowing we'll have Halliday & Holt in the middle. 

Wilson and Hill hopefully the two starters

Kranjcar in ahead of the midfield two. 

Dodoo--Miller--McKay

The game a few weeks ago was a disaster waiting to happen 

Untried pairing at centre back. 

An unfit Niko Kranjcar. Barton ahead of Halliday. Garner's full debut. 

We were all over the place before a ball was kicked 

Now we are a bit more settled the game will be a lot tighter. The tims have started well but we can win this. If we show up and everyone gives their all then we will give them a lot to worry about 

Before the international break we probably would've been easily beaten again. I think it'll be a tight game with a lot of burden on Holt,Halliday Wallace and Miller.

would fucking love waghorn to get 3 next week. 

Aslong as we show those fenian bastards the last game was a flash in the pan I can have no complaints.   Home win. 

4 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Our defence must be switched on for this encounter. If not it will be another humping.

On a positive note, our support will have Ibrox bouncing and will give the players confidence.

1-0 to us. Miller to score the goal.  Fingers crossed.

Games at Hampden bud?. Support still bouncing though! In tae them!

Guest Lloyd72

Gilks

Tavernier       Wilson        Hill       Wallace        

Rossiter         Halliday

Windass

Dodoo                                    Mckay

Miller

I think this will be the team and shape we go for, I'm confident for this one, have a feeling we will win this 2-0 in 90 minutes 

If Wilson and Forrester are suspended I would go with

Gilks (seems to be our cup keeper)

Tav     Hill    Senderos   Wallace

Holt     Halliday   Niko

Dodoo    Miller     Garner

If Wilson can play swap him in for Senderos. If Forrester can play swap him in for Garner. 

Gilks

Tav Wilson Hill Wallace

Kranjcar Halliday Holt

MOH/Dodoo Miller Forrester

Waggy and McKay should be nowhere near the first 11. Miller has to play. Id have considered dropping Rossiter straight in and playing 4-2-3-1 but he won't change the formation.

If truth be told we really need to go with a 4-2-3-1 or 4-5-1 to have a chance here but it ain't going to happen.

We'll see the same suicidal football we seen at the giro dome, players passing the ball in and around the box trying to play like the Brazil 1970 team against a striker that's fast and in form and it will cost us.

This game's come too soon again, imo.

For me, it should be:

Foderingham

Tav Kiernan Hill Wallace

Windass Halliday Holt

MOH Miller McKay

Only playing McKay because Forrester is suspended... Also, not starting Kranjcar even though he's been playing well, we need energy in the midfield. Also the game at the piggery he looked like he was gonna get sent off, so probably best coming on as an impact player.