The Joey Barton Thread

Swagger

14 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Romantic bastard. 

Best they get off me is a bit of bog roll while they wait on a taxi.

18 minutes ago, TheLoudenTavernier said:

Romantic bastard. 

Best they get off me is a bit of bog roll while they wait on a taxi.

That sounds like joeys efforts at Rangers tbh.

Could have been romantic, trophies etc.

But he chose the other option.

On 03/11/2016 at 1:37 AM, Rangersfansmediawatch said:

Yip never happened in world football

Why would you think twice about signing for Rangers after reading the statement ? You don't get put on the naughty step unless your naughty.

There are plenty of players who get taught a lesson by training with the youth teams if they step on the toes of  managers,I'm sure you could find a few on Google.

He stepped over the line with the manager and a player in front of the first team players and was rightly suspended,You can't have players trying to disrupt the harmony of the team or belittling the manager,If that wasn't enough to fill the back pages.... Along comes another front and back page special on how Barton has broken rules on betting... That's a double edged kick in the nuts.

I like Barton and hope he works hard in training and improves and rubs the media's faces in it if he comes back a much better player,But i don't hold out much hope for that.

The problem with Joey is he shoots from the hip and says what he thinks...I like his honesty but when it's used to undermine or embarrass others above him in the pecking order then he steps over the line.

There is no player bigger than the club and what should have been a prime signing by Scottish football standards and slaps on the backs all round,Has become a circus with an unhappy ending.

Yeh, you've completely missed my point.

My problem is with the statement that is unbecoming of Rangers IMO.  I have no problem with a player having to train with the youths for stepping out of line.

id prefer  the statement to simply say Barton returns to training and will train with the U-20s until further notice - I would have no issue with that.

instead we put a statement out that talks about the ' auchenhowie management team' instructing him and in terms of timescale says 'for as long as the player remains at the club'.  I stand by what I said, if I was a pro footballer and not a diehard fan that would put me off the club!  

That statement is not professional for any business and certainly not for Rangers!  

For the record, anyone that that believes there is a way back for Barton is kidding themselves IMO based on that statement.