Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he is the key i think. There is a direct link to celtic - not the boys club - and once he starts talking, unless he wants to die in prison, i think he will name names left, right and centre 

I think Torbett already has done this why else would you only get 6yrs for child abuse when his youngest victim so far has been 4 yrs old doesn't make sense 

The celtic Boys Club was founded in 1966 with permission from the late Sir Robert Kelly and Jock Stein. Mr Stein, then Manager of celtic FC, took an increasing interest in the newly-formed Club and it was decided that the Boys Club should be given full facilities at Barrowfield. It was the Club’s Chief Scout, John Higgins, who suggested that the link should be strengthened. He wanted the Boys Club to operate an under-16 side in which boys signed by celtic could be introduced to "the celtic way" and filter through the system. The future success of the Boys Club was probably secured when Frank Cairney was appointed General Manager in 1970. Cairney was about to be appointed Assistant Manager at Hamilton when Higgins suggested to Stein that he be given charge of the Boys Club under-16 side. Cairney’s brief was to develop and recruit players for celtic FC. Higgins, a member of the celtic double-winning side captained by Jock Stein in the early 1950’s, had been brought to celtic Park by Sir Robert Kelly and appointed Chief Scout by Stein. He was responsible for signing most of the "Quality Street Kids" like Dalglish, McGrain, Hay, Macari and Connelly."

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

The celtic Boys Club was founded in 1966 with permission from the late Sir Robert Kelly and Jock Stein. Mr Stein, then Manager of celtic FC, took an increasing interest in the newly-formed Club and it was decided that the Boys Club should be given full facilities at Barrowfield. It was the Club’s Chief Scout, John Higgins, who suggested that the link should be strengthened. He wanted the Boys Club to operate an under-16 side in which boys signed by celtic could be introduced to "the celtic way" and filter through the system. The future success of the Boys Club was probably secured when Frank Cairney was appointed General Manager in 1970. Cairney was about to be appointed Assistant Manager at Hamilton when Higgins suggested to Stein that he be given charge of the Boys Club under-16 side. Cairney’s brief was to develop and recruit players for celtic FC. Higgins, a member of the celtic double-winning side captained by Jock Stein in the early 1950’s, had been brought to celtic Park by Sir Robert Kelly and appointed Chief Scout by Stein. He was responsible for signing most of the "Quality Street Kids" like Dalglish, McGrain, Hay, Macari and Connelly."

:lol:

47 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he is the key i think. There is a direct link to celtic - not the boys club - and once he starts talking, unless he wants to die in prison, i think he will name names left, right and centre 

Torbett is the main one for outrage at celtic fc, what he has is a strong evidential connection with leading cfc members allowing him to continue his abuse. McCafferty should already be a noose around their necks, whilst the kids in Ireland had nothing to do with cfc if they hadn’t lied about how he left then it’s very possible that them kids wouldn’t of got abused as the cunt would of been on the peado list.

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

Sun have removed the article about the 4 year old who was abused by Torbett and celtic.

EEE08F43-F240-4740-8E4E-B933EA241A39.jpeg

This rang bells for me.

Brendan Smith Chapelhall.

Many many moons ago i lived in Chapelhall and across the road from me lived a certain Anna Smith journalist at that time with Airdrie and Coatbridge advertiser who went on to the daily record and was credited with bringing Torbet to justice first time around. As we all know they are a rabid tim family, so why did she turn on her "own".

Brendan Smith was reported as a boxer and that got me thinking as Anna Smith's older brother Hugh was a boxer and in his day was a sparring partner for Jim Watt.

A google search turned up the same Brendan Smith being jailed two years ago for assaulting former girlfriends and his father Hugh a former boxer was standing by him.

Brendan Smith is therefore Anna Smith's nephew.

Not sure what this has to do with the price of fish but may explain a few things. 

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

We got Shafted by the SFA for something legal mate after the legal process is done the sfa need to take the strongest possible action If the football club is found guilty of covering up these crimes.  I'd be expecting our club to be putting the pressure on also. If the strongest action isn't taken I'd support us withdrawing from the Scottish game 

Our club will not go near this mate . And should never touch it

All our battles should be done with all the other stuff that goes on in this corrupt little land

14 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Our club will not go near this mate . And should never touch it

All our battles should be done with all the other stuff that goes on in this corrupt little land

Sorry don’t agree, if the SFA makes it transparent that they will do nothing about it then it’s imperative that our club uses their power to enforce the issue. I don’t see why it would be worth supporting any football club in a league that has a bastardised football team. That team needs held to account, I’m not saying they should be thrown out the league but they need to  have sanctions to address the disgusting crime they are accountable for. Personally I think what they forced their boys club to do and change their name was a good move but it should also be made to happen to them, fines etc should also be mandatory. Maybe then they can get reintegrated with grovelling apologies for bring our game into disrepute. Kids were hurt and doing nothing is not an option.

2 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

Sorry don’t agree, if the SFA makes it transparent that they will do nothing about it then it’s imperative that our club uses their power to enforce the issue. I don’t see why it would be worth supporting any football club in a league that has a bastardised football team. That team needs held to account, I’m not saying they should be thrown out the league but they need to  have sanctions to address the disgusting crime they are accountable for. Personally I think what they forced their boys club to do and remove their name was a good move but it should also be made to happen to them, fines etc should also be mandatory. Maybe then they can get reintegrated with grovelling apologies for bring our game into disrepute.

Respect your view mate 

This will maybe split opinion I feel but I'm glad it's at least getting some coverage 

I feel there are media outlets dying for it to go away 

The rebels coverage lately has been scandalous 

All corporate or govt bodies - MOD has limits - usually fear two words “Vicarious Liability”,

they have claimed they  have policies in place to protect all their employees and vaulnerable persons, 

which clearly have failed, any good brief will ask some simple but devastating questions -

Who wrote the policy?

How often was it reviewed?

How often was it updated?

By whom?

When CRB checks became a requirement for ALL staff who have contact with children and vaulnerable people, who was reviewed and by whom?

How many members of staff were sacked/removed from access to children and vaulnerable people?

What police involvement was required?

Ad infinitum 

1 hour ago, Colin Traive said:

If, like me, you’re shaking your head at the SFA’s conspicuous silence on this, please bear in mind that Harper MacLeod are solicitors to both SFA and Separate Entity FC and will no doubt be advising what to say and when to say it.

Would that not put them in a conflict of interest position then ?

2 hours ago, KingKirk said:

I think Torbett already has done this why else would you only get 6yrs for child abuse when his youngest victim so far has been 4 yrs old doesn't make sense 

Supposedly six years was the max sentence available as the crime was carried out at a time when six was the maximum jail sentence for the crime ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

Here's a question, why aren't celtic sueing Torbett?

If I set up a company, called it Amazon and used the Amazon logo, then used that company as a front for illegal activity then I'm sure that the actual Amazon Inc would send an army of lawyers after me for not only infringement but also bringing their company into disreupt. I'm no legal eagle but is this not an avenue celtic should be taking if the boys club really had nothing to do with them?

Archived