Police Scotland confirm received report into historic child abuse within football

Smile

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This cover up has some high up people with things to hide 

No doubt about it 

Almost like in the Spotlight movie .It is going to take some brave people that can take the intimidation and the threats to rise above these corrupt shower of scum 

Any MPs got anything to say ? ?

6 hours ago, SpidermansGaffer said:

Here's the Spiers piece (hidden 3 articles down under the articles about McLeish & Collum.

The guy is s total fucking scumbag.

celtic need to reach out and offer help to victims of Torbett
It has been an atrocious and embarrassing week for celtic FC. The horrors of the Jim Torbett case, and the cruelties he inflicted on young footballers at the celtic Boys Club three decades ago, are scarcely worth repeating here. Suffice to say, with Torbett sent down for a second time, may further justice be delivered.

celtic, I believe, need to show more compassion for the victims. It doesn’t seem appropriate to argue, as the club repeatedly has, that the boys club was a separate legal entity to celtic FC. Clearly, in so many other ways — cultural, social, financial and more — there was an association between the two. celtic, at the very least, should be reaching out to the victims and offering as much assistance as possible, including financial compensation.

Quite apart from the cruelty inflicted by Torbett on these boys — and they now number at least five, with the likelihood being far more — there remains this harrowing question: how was it that the celtic board of the 1980s allowed this man back inside celtic Park to work again, when many were aware of his previous crimes against youngsters in the period between 1966 and 1974?

Torbett was a friend and business associate of at least two celtic directors at the time — Jack McGinn and Kevin Kelly — which makes this case even more uncomfortable for celtic. How on earth was this man accommodated?

celtic FC today are paying a heavy price for that terrible negligence of 30-plus years ago. It should never have been allowed to happen, and yet, as in most of these sex crimes against young people in football, they occurred because the monsters at the heart of it all were somehow tolerated. A despicable negligence around celtic back then allowed Torbett to pursue his agenda.

There was one other highly unfortunate consequence of the celtic Boys Club case this week: the transparent and disgusting antics on Twitter and elsewhere of certain supporters of Rangers and other clubs who were self-evidently gleeful at the Torbett case. Little wonder many chose not to go near social media while this case was being played out: it became a stomach-churning charade of point-scoring. I never thought I would ever see a child-abuse case causing such excitement.

It can assuredly be said once more: Twitter absolutely betrays the darker side of human nature.

And it can assuredly be said once more that the real bottom line is:

celtic Football Club have shown the worst side of human nature by harbouring a paedophile ring, knowingly denying this and refusing to be truthful about the shameless exploitation of youngsters who were closely affiliated, indeed part of their club. 

Deflection of the truth instead of honest summary and conclusion of real events Mr Spiers ? Which part of this truth are you afraid of and trying to avoid Mr Spiers ?    I'm sure you know,  just like the celtic board knew, and we all now know.

The darker side of human nature you say?  well I for one would be proud to stand up and say (and I'm positive all on here would join me)   I'M A POINTSCORER!!!

will he (Speirs) stand and say I'm a paedophile concordant/enabler/facilitator (not a lot darker than that)

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

Not sure if I'm missing something or not here mate?, but how come threatening the MSM with not cooperating with them is a threat?, surely it"s the MSM's duty now that this is finally out in the open to ask pointed questions about the "relationship" between the club and CBC, I don't understand why non cooperation from scum fc can be seen as a threat, surely the more they chose not to cooperate and stay silent then the more the pressure builds on them and the worse it looks on them, like I said I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

7 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Not sure if I'm missing something or not here mate?, but how come threatening the MSM with not cooperating with them is a threat?, surely it"s the MSM's duty now that this is finally out in the open to ask pointed questions about the "relationship" between the club and CBC, I don't understand why non cooperation from scum fc can be seen as a threat, surely the more they chose not to cooperate and stay silent then the more the pressure builds on them and the worse it looks on them, like I said I'm not sure what I'm missing here.

All media want access to interviews, pressers, inside or exclusive stories. The threat is that by going against the scum they'll be left on the outside looking in.

The scum are financial backers of some msm.  The threat is that funding is withdrawn.

The scum are influential in footballing and political circles. The threat is that influential individuals and groups turn on the msm.

If any narrative is provided to must be the scums. Or silence must be the only noise heard. Woe betide anyone going against the scum machine.

If there were any true journalists interested in this then they would have their arses handed to them on a plate, but none of them have the stomach for it.

As it stands they all (Daly excepted) are sticking their heads in the sand, the trouble is the truth will out..

31 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

All media want access to interviews, pressers, inside or exclusive stories. The threat is that by going against the scum they'll be left on the outside looking in.

The scum are financial backers of some msm.  The threat is that funding is withdrawn.

The scum are influential in footballing and political circles. The threat is that influential individuals and groups turn on the msm.

If any narrative is provided to must be the scums. Or silence must be the only noise heard. Woe betide anyone going against the scum machine.

I think this brave solicitor may want to know of all this 

40 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Corruption and nepotism 

It all falls back to this mate 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If that's the case, and I'm not saying otherwise, how much hush money would it take to buy their silence, and could that be hidden in the accounts, it would be a dangerous game to play turning on the media would it not?

Child rape has to be up there with the most despicable crimes known to the civilised world. 

So why is there no appetite for disclosure of said, in this wee backwater of a country? (rhetorical)

just makes you sick the things they can get away with, whole country needs cleansing :angrywillie:

7 minutes ago, GM63 said:

If there were any true journalists interested in this then they would have their arses handed to them on a plate, but none of them have the stomach for it.

As it stands they all (Daly excepted) are sticking their heads in the sand, the trouble is the truth will out..

I'm more leaning towards it being either the editors or more likely the owners of the Scottish press publications holding reporters back as I honestly cannot believe that there isn't many reporters just itching to get a story on the biggest scandal to rock football within their own backyard out there.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

In this day and age information will get out, far too many avenues.

Id also say that this says more about the club than the media.

This maybe true, but tucked away in football forums won't wash, needs to be headlines in every paper and the lead story on every news channel

as a caveat to that we need to keep the pressure on them to report the truth

Archived