Gaz52

Would you like Hill for another season?

Clint Hill  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Should Hill get a contract extension?

The way things stand i would be happy enough to give him 1more year.

Out of the four we have just now I'd keep Wilson and Hill for next season but they'd be back-up. I'd like us to sign two new first-choice starters in the summer. 

33 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I do polls all the time, man. I don't want to be known as the "Poll Guy" 

Just a discussion will do for now

Btw when you used to skelp my arse on a winter's morning, it'd make me feel sick and like I was going to die

Juan Guy.

11 minutes ago, Gandhi1872 said:

Out of the four we have just now I'd keep Wilson and Hill for next season but they'd be back-up. I'd like us to sign two new first-choice starters in the summer. 

Im kind of thinking along these lines. Would like a RB and LB who are starters too. Couple of players for midfield and two quality strikers. Then we are going for 55.

Hill might be my POTY for this season. Him , Miller or Hyndman.

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

Im kind of thinking along these lines. Would like a RB and LB who are starters too. Couple of players for midfield and two quality strikers. Then we are going for 55.

Hill might be my POTY for this season. Him , Miller or Hyndman.

Rossiter is my POTY 

Based on number of mistakes made vs time spent on pitch, he's really not done that badly

One of the few players we have that show the desire and passion required to play for Rangers so it's a YES from me!

Im still highly doubtfull PC will be given any decent transfer budget or be able to sell anyone on... so based on that i would keep him for another year

NO thanks    We must improve the standard of player we have at the moment sadly Clint isn't anywhere near what we require.  Yes he did well at weekend and has had a few decent performances but he has also had a lot more poor performances the fact he is probably our best central defender is neither here nor there we have to say thanks Clint and good luck time to move on 

btw Kiernan and Wilson need to be moved on too the difference is Clint along with Senderos is out of contract and frees up wages to bring in a better class of player

As a 3rd/4th choice option then most certainly I`d keep him, however I have no idea if his wages are sustainable for him to be kept as just a back-up so if he`s a high earner then best to let him leave.

Hill will be no good as back up as at his age he needs to play or he'll seize up. If we've got options to replace him with quality then I'd let him leave but if not then he must stay as he's our best CB and must play every week to keep well oiled , Just as Weir did.

Yes. But not as a first choice pick if we are to challenge. 

His experience will be invaluable to the squad, i would definitely offer him another year he deserves it if nothing else

Poll added. This place needs to get its shit together.

I'd give him another year as a back up. I'd also keep Wilson as a back up too with Keirnan and Senderos leaving, but we definetely need two strong centre backs signed in the summer.

Yes but he shouldn't start.

Good to have a few experienced pro's around the group though

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

No. Yes

Hes not the worst defender I've ever seen but he looks slightly better than what he is imo because Wilson, Senderos and Kiernan are so bad.

We need big investment and big improvements on almost every player we've got. We can't lose track of that.

You are the voice of reason mate but one more season as back-up or choose one from the 3 above?

It's not as simple as yes or no

I think he's an average player who can do his job when needed, but he's not the best we can get

If King invests like he should then Hill should be away along with many of the rest of them. But he won't so well need players like Hill

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

You are the voice of reason mate but one more season as back-up or choose one from the 3 above?

Good question. Was talking ideally, really. I don't think the investment will be there this summer either so might have to rethink guys like Hill (and Miller) but it's a bad day when that happens.

We need to get rid of 2 out of the 4 and personally my choice would be Kiernan and Senderos to go. 

Realistically we probably won't be bringing in 3 centre halves. 

Our biggest problem this summer is going to be getting players out the door. A lot of players have been rewarded with new contracts within the last year that they'll probably never get close to again so may not see any reason to leave. 

I'd give him a lifetime membership after Sunday.  If we can get to cup-final I'd look at knighting him.

No. As good a job as he has done, he is too old and too slow and being our best CD, what does that say about the rest? Better, younger, fitter quality needed as a priority.

The manager will see him in training, also caught him in the flesh against the tims and will make his own decision minus sentiment.