strict regime under pedro

KingKirk

That's how it should be players are back in tomorrow for a full working week that finishes with a behind closed doors game next Saturday v under 20s

really looking forward to the Motherwell game Saturday week only a few weeks into things but the future seems bright

I think he'll have a sterner approach as well, firm but fair attitude. If someone is slacking or not performing he'll deal with it and won't be afraid to ruffle some feathers. Which is also how it should be.Ā 

No more of this primary school style 'everyone will get a game, and it's the taking part that counts' mollycoddling pish we got from Warburton.Ā 

I think they need to at this moment in time. He's just taken over and is wanting to implement his ideas as quickly as possible to see them starting to bear fruit.

Now he has a good period of time to work with the players, so I'd expect them to use that time to its fullest.

6 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I usually hate these international breaks, but it could work well for us this time.

It should give Pedro a chance to gell the team the way he wants.

I usually take in a Juniors game on the international break. Petershill, Kilsyth Rangers....... StRochs...... oops sorry on!Y kidding about the last one lol

12 hours ago, 55Bear said:

I think he'll have a sterner approach as well, firm but fair attitude. If someone is slacking or not performing he'll deal with it and won't be afraid to ruffle some feathers. Which is also how it should be.Ā 

No more of this primary school style 'everyone will get a game, and it's the taking part that counts' mollycoddling pish we got from Warburton.Ā 

Warbuton's ethos wasn't "everyone will get a game" though, it was "you're ma bestie, and I'll play you regardless of how pish you are, because I'm fiercely stubborn to the point of stupidity".

25 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

As long as he doesn't come away from a 1-1 draw at Inverness and say "that's ok boys" then fine with me

Don't think he will, at the presserĀ before the Hamilton game he mentioned their place in the league, scoring rate and goals conceded, in other words telling everybody we should beat them.Ā 

He seems a manager that knows what his side is capable of and won't except excuses.

13 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

I like how he prowled about his box shouting and cajoling the team.Ā 

Passion that has been missing for sometime if nothing else.Ā 

Will + Ideas = ImprovementĀ 

Certainly makes a difference from our recent 'hands in the pockets' style of management.Ā 

Gutted we don't play for 2 weeks now but glad it gives him more time with team and chance to bed his tactics in. Some of they players needed a good boot in Stones so hoping some tough approach and good 2 weeks training should see us go full barrel come Motherwell gameĀ 

6 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I usually take in a Juniors game on the international break. Petershill, Kilsyth Rangers....... StRochs...... oops sorry on!Y kidding about the last one lol

it was a shame the junior qt finals were on sat Ā they should have moved them to this week Ā i would have went to one of them but i was at ibrox Ā the week before i was at maryhill v linlithgow rose Ā unfortunately my fancied team for the cup was rob roy but they were beaten 2 nil on sat at bonnyrigg

It's early days yet but it's the first time since Smith that we've had a proper football man in charge.Ā 

McCoist just wanted to be popular and in the spotlight (and still does) while Warburton always just felt like a middle-manager playing at being a football manager.

There does seem to be a feelgood factor around the squad again, but theĀ acid test will of course be when the honeymoon 'new manager' period is over.

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

It's early days yet but it's the first time since Smith that we've had a proper football man in charge.Ā 

McCoist just wanted to be popular and in the spotlight (and still does) while Warburton always just felt like a middle-manager playing at being a football manager.

There does seem to be a feelgood factor around the squad again, but theĀ acid test will of course be when the honeymoon 'new manager' period is over.

I think we'll be in good shape for the semi-final. Ā More confident now and we'll have a chance.

7 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

He is reminding me more and more of Advocaat.

I was thinking that on Saturday. None of that pish making a pass and standing admiring it. Pass and move that's the way to press opposition, keep them chasing the ball and their man. If we're playing well they'll be burned long before the end. The way way played during. Advocates first 2 seasons was fantastic, hope these days are coming back.

What I really like about Pedro is in an interview he said "Set plays win about 40% of games" looking forward to better corners and free kicks. Clint Hill scored from a free kick whipped into the box by Toral at the weekend - none of this quick free kick or quick corners pish!!

18 minutes ago, Colza172 said:

What I really like about Pedro is in an interview he said "Set plays win about 40% of games" looking forward to better corners and free kicks. Clint Hill scored from a free kick whipped into the box by Toral at the weekend - none of this quick free kick or quick corners pish!!

He is correct Atletico Madrid have scored some amount of goals the last few years from set pieces and they won the league a couple of years back.Ā