• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Hope its in a coaching capacity...

Er why?

I can see why he's wanted for another year as a player - even if it screams out we've no money to spend AGAIN next season - but coaching? it's something that seems to be mentioned for the sake of it or like it's trendy. We need the best coaches available at all levels at our club not just because they were a good player or a handy name.

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Er why?

I see why he's wanted for another year as a player - even if it screams out we've no money to spend AGAIN next season - but coaching? it's something that seems to be mentioned for the sake of it or like it's trendy. We need the best coaches available at all levels at our club not just because they were a good player or a handy name.

Because IMO I think he's just about past it, that's why, i'd still give him game time, but only as an impact player coming off the bench, he would be great to have in the dressing room as he is a fantastic influence, especially on the younger players.

Just now, Teamgers said:

Because IMO I think he's just about passed it, that's why, i'd still give him game time, but only as an impact player coming off the bench, he would be great to have in the dressing room as he is a fantastic influence, especially on the younger players.

That seems like a big luxury on what will probably be a limited budget. 

'He's just about past it'. Do yous clowns who say this stuff even watch football? Or just read messageboards and go with whatever seems the most popular view? His 2 goals at the sheepshaggers 2 weeks ago prove he still has something to offer, as did his volley at inverness, winners at motherwell, goal against the taigs. Zoomers man.

I'm not sure what to make of this. If he stayed the same player next season as he has been this one then I'm for it, and I hope that is going to be the case. It could also be a very strong indication that the manger will be operating with a very low budget. If Kenny is going to be playing some main role next season then I have my concerns; an impact player, yes, but nothing beyond that.

Just now, CoatbridgeBear said:

'He's just about past it'. Do yous clowns who say this stuff even watch football? Or just read messageboards and go with whatever seems the most popular view? His 2 goals at the sheepshaggers 2 weeks ago prove he still has something to offer, as did his volley at inverness, winners at motherwell, goal against the taigs. Zoomers man.

If past it means past his best, then he is past it.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

If past it means past his best, then he is past it.

Clearly he still has something to offer as he has bailed us out several times this season. Bad that we're relying on a 37 year old but he's the best option and with King no interested in actually making us competitive, don't be surprised if Kenny ends up here longer than just the year.

Glad to hear that, he will have proved to Pedro that he can still play and will also have been impressed with his attitude in the squad. Age with players like Kenny is not really a problem for another year.

We now need 6 - 8 players to go and better ones brought in.

Good. He's stepped up big time again this season, when initially it was thought he'd be on the bench more often than not. Can't really afford to be binning one of the few guys who gets what playing for Rangers is all about. 

I think he's a good example for the younger players, both in the first team and U20s.

I'd be starting with Miller & Dodoo on Saturday.