The list

Cam1872

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

The board paper of choice is the sun not the record may be some truth in this but may not.

To be fair, if this list has been circulated down south, the media can easily get a hold of it through their contacts. 

Not saying it's completely true but leads me to believe it's more likely the case.

The names are more likely correct than the valuations ?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, stewaj3 said:

Also another thought and i may be in the minority here, but id rather pedro was able to bring in 2 or 3 quality players and keep a lot of this squad than move the bulk of this squad on and try and then have to penny pinch and scrimp together to buy lots of new players that then turn out to not be good enough. 

In an ideal world they'd go and he'd bring in 11 quality players, but i just don't see us as having the resource to do that. 

I have never been so frustrated and angry with some of our players and performances than I have this season and like most I wouldn't lose much sleep if the majority never played for us again. I normally feel like that when I'm angry though and without thinking clearly.

In the cold light of day I actually agree with you. Within our squad we actually have a few decent players. If we were to add 3 genuine quality players anywhere near the level of Jelavic and used the market like Smith and went for quality over quantity I think collectively we would improve significantly and I also think a number of imposters from last season COULD thrive.

That said though if players do leave we must look after ourselves and do everything we can to get the very best value we can from other clubs. An extra few hundred thousand here and there for us could be massive.

Am not being funny,but the so called LIST, if that's what we are getting rid off, does it not still leave us with some poor players,what happens if nobody takes an interest,are we sitting with them until contracts run out,are we relying on this money for our targets,if so what happens if they are not bought and we panic and let them go at cut price just to get rid off at the end of transfer window,doesn't help us in any way whatsoever,and a have never heard of Rangers coming out with a LIST, just put players up for sale and get on with business quietly,we seem to be making the papers these days for stupid things, a fucking LIST, maybe there has always been a LIST and a haven't noticed it because a haven't been pissed of at where we are and how things are going, who knows.

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

I have never been so frustrated and angry with some of our players and performances than I have this season and like most I wouldn't lose much sleep if the majority never played for us again. I normally feel like that when I'm angry though and without thinking clearly.

In the cold light of day I actually agree with you. Within our squad we actually have a few decent players. If we were to add 3 genuine quality players anywhere near the level of Jelavic and used the market like Smith and went for quality over quantity I think collectively we would improve significantly and I also think a number of imposters from last season COULD thrive.

That said though if players do leave we must look after ourselves and do everything we can to get the very best value we can from other clubs. An extra few hundred thousand here and there for us could be massive.

Thats exactly my thoughts, probably put across way better than i did in my post. 

If we signed a quality cb, cm, winger and striker, my feeling is these bottlers could be revitalised.

Its only 4 players, but i just think that quality over quantity is exactly what we need. I don't know if we even have those resources to find the next jelavic davis cueller etc level of quality, but i dont think we will challenge until we do. 

15 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

I think if we get 1.25 for tav replace him with paterson for free that's a steal. I'm not saying he's a world beater but neither is tav. Means we can spend 1.25 million on another player. 

Jack, i like think he is better than holt, halliday, toral and even hyndman who i thought was invisible in the big games. Also dont think we'll ever see rossiter but if we do, then i feel that jack and he will do the dirty work and allow kranjcar to focus on what he does best. I think this year we couldn't afford to carry kranjcar as he is a luxury, rossiter and jack would provide the protection and allow us to get the best out of him. 

Moult, not convinced yet, but can he really be worse than what we have?

I think Tav is the best RB in the league tbh. Paterson is a bit more physical but I get the point about making money and bringing in a free. 

If Paterson, Moult and Jack are 3 players on Pedros 5 main targets then we can forget it. Players like Jack will always be needed in teams and fly under the radar but if we line up with Louis Moult as our star striker and a CB pairing of Wilson and Ben Heneghen it'll be another battle for 2nd

The only players we have with resale value are on that list.  Those transfer fees could help pay off guys like Halliday, Kiernan, Forrester, etc.  I'm glad to see MOH might be on his way too.  The more shite we clear out the more of that £15m transfer kitty Pedro will be able to use. 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Is available on a free.

Would rather move forward and find a younger version, as much as there is no doubting his level of quality when he was here. 

I wonder if he regrets leaving, as he didn't exactly have a great time down south. Could have been a legend here. I don't use those words lightly either. Luckily for us bougherra came in and we didnt miss Cuellar. 

49 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

People forget the fee we get for a player is one thing but working out what value we need for their transfer is more complicated 

if someone has two years left to run at 5k a wee that's 521,000 potential wages were due then if we don't sell so For a lot of these guys taking a cut price fee means we reduce our liability in future and save more than the difference between the fee we ask for and the fee that market value might dictate 

Exactly, but a lot of the Football Manger aficionados don't bother about that!

2 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think Tav is the best RB in the league tbh. Paterson is a bit more physical but I get the point about making money and bringing in a free. 

If Paterson, Moult and Jack are 3 players on Pedros 5 main targets then we can forget it. Players like Jack will always be needed in teams and fly under the radar but if we line up with Louis Moult as our star striker and a CB pairing of Wilson and Ben Heneghen it'll be another battle for 2nd

If tav is used correctly, i.e in an attack minded team he is great. We would lose a bit of creativity if paterson was his replacement but gain a bit of physical presence, which in my opinion we needed against them. However we also need more creativity so that money would need to be reinvested in our mf/attack

Jack, absolutely is one of those players that quietly goes about his business and my hope would be that it would allow kranjcar to flourish. If still like us to invest in another cm even if we got jack on a free. 

Moult and heneghan, are two id be against, well id take a punt on moult if he was cheap and as a bench option, however as I've said we need quality signings, players that i dont think we will find in the spl to be honest. 

9 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Sending a list of players to English clubs with their valuations attached?

anyone who believes the rebel is deluded

Clubs have scouting systems anyway so one or two or all of them will be on radars. They'll know the valuations and would be easily found out by anyone. Not rocket science. 

Garner's days are numbered and looks like a loss on him but that happens in football. Frankly, he's been disappointing for me. Tav's decent on the attack but not a great defender tbh so I'd take the money for him. Not sure if Barrie will stay or go but I'd imagine Pedro will take 2m to bolster his own funds - still think he can do a job for us with the right coaching/formation.

2 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

The thing that makes me question that lists authenticity is the fact Holt and Halliday are apparently surviving the cull.

They'd be on that list before McKay and Tavernier for me.

Fingers crossed that means they've already found new clubs so there's no need to attract anyone else..... 

2 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

Daily record reporting that the players available list has been circulated to English clubs. 

Sorry if double post, but hadn't seen it yet this morning on here.

2 million Mckay

500 k Garner

Crooks and Windass 150k each

Waghorn 400k

Tav 1.25m

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/football/football-news/rangers-give-english-clubs-price-10485677

Thoughts? 

No issues with the list but if it is accurate and has been 'leaked' it's embarrassing that we need the rag media to advertise our sale rather than the usual behind the scenes network all other Clubs use!