EBTs 2...

Guest Lloyd72

13 hours ago, scottyscott1963 said:

It's the blue EBT'S of Ibrox,
It's the greatest sight that I have ever seen,
it's the blue EBT'S of Ibrox,
and it's part of every Rangers players dream. :UK:

Got me thinking about the lyrics of blue sea of Ibrox... Blue blue blue sea of Ibrox is a lazy line. Two opportunities for a positive adjective, and they just battered in another couple of blues. 

Surely all this transfer activity is being funded on the back of ST sales plus more soft loans being put in by King and T3B?     It will be interesting to see what information the Board produces in due course to explain how it was able to fund the transfers and related salaries.   And its not just players, additions have been made to the coaching staff too.       In the wings too is the court case with SD where SD is suing for breach of contract because Rangers issued a termination notice on the retail deal claiming SD was in breach of contract.   If SD wins the case then it seems to me there is a very big financial exposure of having to pay SD damages and costs.   That too would have to be funded from somewhere and it must surely be being viewed as a risk that could crystalise this coming season.     

The accounts when published in time for the AGM in Dec should shed some light but maybe the Board will see fit to cast some early light on how all of this spending is being afforded and assurance that sufficient contingency funds exist to cover the SD damages case if the court decides against Rangers.    I don't really expect them to make a clarifying / assuring statement though; its not their style to be transparent in that way.    I expect we are to be required to live in hope that they have it all under top class financial control and all will be clearer when the accounts are published in due course.    To an extent that would be an understandable line in normal times but are not really in settled normal times.   As a shareholder as well as a supporter when it appears that spending (or risk of having to spend) might risk outstripping revenue then some early warning bells start to gently ring.