OneDavidCooper

Lee Hodson - Is he injured?

40 posts in this topic

Didn't appear to be in contention for Europa League debacle and not sure if he has figured in the keep all prying eyes away Friendlies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was definitely training last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

He's brutal either way

You're just jealous of him, clearly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was training so nah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was in the NI squad for qualifiers I think so would have had extra time off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on international duty with NI at the start of pre-season so came back late. Not in the mix for the EL so I presume Pedro doesn't rate him and he'll be moved on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Better defender than Tav easily.

& Wallace, easily.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

Was on international duty with NI at the start of pre-season so came back late. Not in the mix for the EL so I presume Pedro doesn't rate him and he'll be moved on.

Still surprises me he's a Northern Irish international. 

Hoping he's moved on soon, as he's just not good enough. We need to shift the likes of Hodson, Windass and Crooks as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

Still surprises me he's a Northern Irish international. 

Hoping he's moved on soon, as he's just not good enough. We need to shift the likes of Hodson, Windass and Crooks as soon as possible.

The game in Azerbaijan was the first game that NI won which Hodson featured in. He was only on for about 5 mins mind you.

He has never stood out for me. I wished him well when he joined, but I think Motherwell or St Johnstone is more his level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot all about him tbh.:lol:

 

Time he was moved on imo. Not good enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the boy is ok. Prefer him to Tav.

Reckon he can defo do a job in the squad for us

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

The game in Azerbaijan was the first game that NI won which Hodson featured in. He was only on for about 5 mins mind you.

He has never stood out for me. I wished him well when he joined, but I think Motherwell or St Johnstone is more his level.

I was optimistic about him as a utility player than can play in either full back position is usually always a good addition to the squad, but he's not stood out as being any better than most of Warburton's signings. He's a bit more solid at the back than Tavernier, but that's about it. (Even then, he's been guilty of making errors - despite what some would say.)

He's not good enough for Rangers, but I think he at least made an effort to be. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

I was optimistic about him as a utility player than can play in either full back position is usually always a good addition to the squad, but he's not stood out as being any better than most of Warburton's signings. He's a bit more solid at the back than Tavernier, but that's about it. (Even then, he's been guilty of making errors - despite what some would say.)

He's not good enough for Rangers, but I think he at least made an effort to be. Best of luck to him wherever he ends up. 

He'll end up in League 1 in England. Just another poor MW signing.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not good enough, nothing against him but just don't see anything in him, was getting torn to shreds during the very short spell he was on the pitch in that Aberdeen game at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked more solid against them the games he played in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never a Rangers player!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Teamgers said:

Never a Rangers player!

It's hard to know what a Rangers player even is anymore 

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thought Charlton were interested in him and forrester, two for the price of one deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent defender. Obviously doesn't fit into Pedro's plans as he's absolutely dire going forward.

Although, begs the question why Wallace plays?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wondering where all the bad press for Hodson comes from? An NI international as far as I'm aware also remember him pocketing sinclair in the league cup semi which very few in this league have done for 90 minutes. Do remember a brain fart from him against St Johnstone when he got robbed on the edge of the box from that Alston but hes a better defender than Tav. 

On the subject of Tav I'd probably like to see someone in his place and him wide right of a 442 if Candeias flops

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Far better than tav wil ever be at defence and isn't to bad going forward and will be a better player with a team of better players. I'd get rid of tav and keep hodson but don't think that will happen 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Far better than tav wil ever be at defence and isn't to bad going forward and will be a better player with a team of better players. I'd get rid of tav and keep hodson but don't think that will happen 

Just shows how people see things differently regarding football; my opinion is that Hodson is a hopeless defender and not very good going forward. I did watch him carefully one game and reckon 90% of his passes were back passes when the better option was to pass forward, lack of confidence or lack of ability?

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now