Dodoo joins Charlton Athletic on loan until January!

RFCRobertson

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said on numerous occasions, he'll find his level in England's League Two with a club like Newport County or Exeter.

How anyone can be surprised at this is genuinely beyond me.

Barring two fixtures where he made an impact on wide-open, tired opponents - Partick & Aberdeen - he hasn't even looked like a footballer.

He doesn't have a future here.

Happy with this. Think he has enough ability to be a squad player for us, even if it is as a "super sub", so hopefully some game time away on loan will do him good.

Worst case i'm hoping he performs well enough to entice some club, maybe Charlton, to buy him.

Good luck Dodoo!

Really short up front now and if anything happens to Morelos we are in trouble and probably worse off than last season in that area.

4 main strikers now one of which is 38 soon and the other one being an untested 20 year old.

I've got a feeling MOH might come back and bite us on the backside he looks like he'll hit 20 goals this season playing in his preferred position just behind the main striker.

The fact it's to January is a good thing. If he does well and we are struggling then he can get game time with us on his return. If he does well but we are fine then extend to the summer. If he doesn't do well then at least we know that rather than him sitting in reserve up here getting no game time and people thinking he gets better with every game he doesn't play.

if Pedro does well enough to look as though he's going to have a future here then I'd expect some funds will be available in January in which case dodoo might leave permanently and we get a replacement in.

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

This one must be the most baffling of them all 

He has quality .There is no doubts about that 

Really?

Where has he shown consistent quality? He took his goals well against Partick and done absolutely nothing in the next game got hooked.

Scored a good goal against Aberdeen and did absolutely nothing in the next game got hooked. He hasn't got the ability or mentality to play for a big club.

Have to hit the ground running and when you get your chance in the team, take it with both hands. He never did unfortunately.

Nothing against the boy, good luck to him but he's a league 1 standard footballer and nothing more.

12 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

Really short up front now and if anything happens to Morelos we are in trouble and probably worse off than last season in that area.

4 main strikers now one of which is 38 soon and the other one being an untested 20 year old.

I've got a feeling MOH might come back and bite us on the backside he looks like he'll hit 20 goals this season playing in his preferred position just behind the main striker.

I hope he does score 20 a season.

He's a terrible footballer and should never have been signed. 90% of his goals come from getting in behind and using his pace. He never did nor ever will get that playing for us unless against the taigs or in Europe.

Another one who doesn't have the mentality to play for a big club, hope someone takes him off our hands in January and recoup some of the money we wasted on him.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

90% of his goals come from getting in behind and using his pace. He never did nor ever will get that playing for us unless against the taigs or in Europe.

Really good point.

Once again highlights Warburton didn't have a fucking clue. In much the same way he signed MOH thinking he'd do the same job for us as he did for st Johnstone failing to realise that he only works in a counter attacking team whilst everyone we played sat behind the ball and parked the bus to then counter attack against us.

I don't doubt he is a decent player but is he right for us? Probably not and therefore we are right to let him go on loan as we have nothing to lose. If he does well we can either sell him for a good fee or we can keep and play him. If he doesn't then at least his wages (or a portion of) were saved for 4 months.

People can say what they like about Pedro but he had a plan for his signings and he has executed it as he wanted to. A solid spine with dependable players and much more physicality in order to avoid being bullied again (subject to John Beaton refereeing our games).

The only transfer deal I'm not convinced by is McKay being sold as I fail to see how we have improved the left wing.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Really good point.

Once again highlights Warburton didn't have a fucking clue. In much the same way he signed MOH thinking he'd do the same job for us as he did for st Johnstone failing to realise that he only works in a counter attacking team whilst everyone we played sat behind the ball and parked the bus to then counter attack against us.

I don't doubt he is a decent player but is he right for us? Probably not and therefore we are right to let him go on loan as we have nothing to lose. If he does well we can either sell him for a good fee or we can keep and play him. If he doesn't then at least his wages (or a portion of) were saved for 4 months.

People can say what they like about Pedro but he had a plan for his signings and he has executed it as he wanted to. A solid spine with dependable players and much more physicality in order to avoid being bullied again (subject to John Beaton refereeing our games).

The only transfer deal I'm not convinced by is McKay being sold as I fail to see how we have improved the left wing.

Defo mate, it was a baffling signing at the time. Even more so when we kept playing him on the wing rather than a striker.

I remember when MW signed and you looked at him signing Andre Grey and the centre half who went to Burnley for big money Tarowoski (sp)? Thought he will find us some gems then if you look at all of MW signings it's not through good scouting it's players he's come up against. 

Even look at his signings for Forest, Cummings, McKay and going for McGinn there is a pattern there. Certainly not the best in the business as was made out.