Dodoo joins Charlton Athletic on loan until January!

RFCRobertson

26 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Really?

Where has he shown consistent quality? He took his goals well against Partick and done absolutely nothing in the next game got hooked.

Scored a good goal against Aberdeen and did absolutely nothing in the next game got hooked. He hasn't got the ability or mentality to play for a big club.

Have to hit the ground running and when you get your chance in the team, take it with both hands. He never did unfortunately.

Nothing against the boy, good luck to him but he's a league 1 standard footballer and nothing more.

Fair comment but I do think he has quality .

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Smell the hotdog said:

Defo mate, it was a baffling signing at the time. Even more so when we kept playing him on the wing rather than a striker.

I remember when MW signed and you looked at him signing Andre Grey and the centre half who went to Burnley for big money Tarowoski (sp)? Thought he will find us some gems then if you look at all of MW signings it's not through good scouting it's players he's come up against. 

Even look at his signings for Forest, Cummings, McKay and going for McGinn there is a pattern there. Certainly not the best in the business as was made out.

Exactly, not a lot of work went into his signings.

MW: Alright Frank I need you to find a new wide player for me now we're here at Forest.

FM: Here you go Mark, I've drawn up a shortlist

McKay (Rangers), Forrester (Rangers), O'Halloran (Rangers), Waghorn (Rangers), Dodoo (Rangers)

MW: Excellent work Frank, don't know how you do it, you really are the best in the business. Let's get McKay.

23 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I hope he does score 20 a season.

He's a terrible footballer and should never have been signed. 90% of his goals come from getting in behind and using his pace. He never did nor ever will get that playing for us unless against the taigs or in Europe.

Another one who doesn't have the mentality to play for a big club, hope someone takes him off our hands in January and recoup some of the money we wasted on him.

The lad was never once played in his true position while at the club and was chased by MW for ages only to be signed for 500k and sat mostly on the bench for 18 months I can see why his head might have gone down a bit after that.

All I can say is given the choice between watching a 38 year old Miller who is on his last legs as a player and MOH who is top SPFL scorer at the minute I know who I would take.

27 minutes ago, Alves70 said:

The lad was never once played in his true position while at the club and was chased by MW for ages only to be signed for 500k and sat mostly on the bench for 18 months I can see why his head might have gone down a bit after that.

All I can say is given the choice between watching a 38 year old Miller who is on his last legs as a player and MOH who is top SPFL scorer at the minute I know who I would take.

I agree he didn't play in his proper position but like I said in my previous comment I don't think it would have mattered. The opportunities he gets for St J are completely different to the ones he would have got at us.

He can't hold up a ball, poor first touch and only way to get past a man is by using pace in behind which he would have none of. If we recoup what we spent on him we will have done very well IMO.

On 01/09/2017 at 9:06 AM, WeirFleckNRothen said:

As I've said on numerous occasions, he'll find his level in England's League Two with a club like Newport County or Exeter.

How anyone can be surprised at this is genuinely beyond me.

Barring two fixtures where he made an impact on wide-open, tired opponents - Partick & Aberdeen - he hasn't even looked like a footballer.

He doesn't have a future here.

nailed it 

utter shite and can get to fuck IMO. 

Good luck to him.

59 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

On the bench today. 

Im having a beer at the Ebbsfleet v Eastleigh game, some old guy just asked me the Charlton score so i just spotted that, theres one guy playing for Eastleigh today who is the best on the pitch by a mile,Matt Yeates is his name and he is getting on a bit also Stack the old Hibs keeper is in goal.

When the punters mention fuck Scotland lets start in the English lower leagues, trust me its pretty brutal fare.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:39 AM, Alves70 said:

man, you've got me on tenterhooks! Who would you sign?

On 01/09/2017 at 3:58 PM, GersInCanada said:

This is win win. If he gets game time and experience this could be like a new signing in January. Or Charllton may want to buy him.

Good luck to the lad and I hope he gets his chance.

Not really, what if he plays absolute shite until January (goal today aside) then comes back up the road with nobody wanting him?

Means we have him for another 2 years getting skelfs on his arse.