Wes and his 100th game for Rangers Yesterday

RFCRobertson

Far from our biggest issue.

In those 100 I can think of less than 5 errors.

He's not the best in the world, nor at the likes of a goram or klos. But none of our players are.

Plenty saying we need better. No names mentioned as yet, the easy cop out.

3 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

He excels in parts of the goalkeeping game and is good in others. His real problem is reacting to long shots. He gets nowhere near some average efforts. 

That one he let in in the cup semi was a good example - McGregor rolled it in and Wes never twitched!

Must say, though, that touch he got on the one from the Hertz lad the other week saved us from back to back home defeats.

32 minutes ago, jamess said:

I'd say one of the successes of the last few years.  Earned us points on a number of occasions.  Look around at some of the other fuds in goals in our league and you have to rate him as above average and safe at least.

I'd like to think Wes wouldn't have been beaten by the two Morelos efforts!

His shot stopping and distribution are top class. Good to see him coming off his line more which is something the new GK coach must have worked on with him. Think I read something about Forrest conceding 6 goals already from set pieces and didn't our old GK coach head there? Got a feeling he was told to stay on his line previously...

1 minute ago, jamess said:

Controversial!! Morelos is the new wonder boy don't you know.

I know!

But when Wes starts letting in shots that are pretty much straight at him, then from angles as tight as that, his days will be numbered!

14 minutes ago, JacktonBear said:

The one thing I didn't like about Wes was that he didn't command his box at set pieces, but this season he's started to add this to his game. 

If he can add this to his shot stopping and his distribution then we'll be celebrating games 200 & 300.

You can see he's trying to come out and take the ball more. It's looks clumsy when he does it just now but at least it's a part of his game they've noticed needs improved and are doing something about.

54 minutes ago, TFP77 said:

You can see he's trying to come out and take the ball more. It's looks clumsy when he does it just now but at least it's a part of his game they've noticed needs improved and are doing something about.

Not as clumsy as Tom Heaton today!!

44 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Not as clumsy as Tom Heaton today!!

Didn't see the game.  I like Wes, he's a big lad and should be commanding his area. When a Keeper does that , it gives the opposition less options in the box.