Wes and his 100th game for Rangers Yesterday

RFCRobertson

19 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Best distributor of the ball we've had in 20 years 

Possibly even longer.

Goram, Klos, and McGregor could all be suspect when kicking. Klos by far the worst.

Goram was quite good at throwing the ball though.

Edit: Klos could also be suspect throwing too. But he's still my favourite out of all of them

8 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I missed the first 35 or so of the game and was wondering why that young boy was playing.

He came for a cross, Ben Mee got in the way & Heaton went over him, landed badly & dislocated his shoulder! ?

See for all everyone goes on about Wes with the ball at his feet and being a heart in mouth stuff etc have we actually conceded a goal from this? I certainty can't remember one.

He get's a torrid time at times off some on here and at Ibrox. I think half of it is due to the fact that we are used to the keeper hoofing the ball as far up the park as he can. Older bears especially are the worst for this anytime I'm at Ibrox, giving it big gasps and getting on his back when there is no need.

Watterus was better with the ball at his feet he looked more comfortable but Wes is by no means as bad as the majority make out.

24 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

See for all everyone goes on about Wes with the ball at his feet and being a heart in mouth stuff etc have we actually conceded a goal from this? I certainty can't remember one.

He get's a torrid time at times off some on here and at Ibrox. I think half of it is due to the fact that we are used to the keeper hoofing the ball as far up the park as he can. Older bears especially are the worst for this anytime I'm at Ibrox, giving it big gasps and getting on his back when there is no need.

Watterus was better with the ball at his feet he looked more comfortable but Wes is by no means as bad as the majority make out.

To be fair mate, I was one of his critics but I have seen huge improvements recently.  I think Alves (in particular) has made a huge difference at the back, not just by himself being in there, but to everyone else involved in the defence.  It only dawned on me on Saturday night that I hadn't been frustrated by Wes for a couple of weeks and came to the conclusion, its a lot better at the back now.  :dance:

All goalkeepers have low points and highs. We were so used to guys like McGregor pulling off saves from 30 yard screamers that most goalkeepers would struggle to stop but his reflexes are insanely quick and the amount of point blank saves he's made is impressive. I think he's a good keeper and the least of our worries just now

Well done.Agree with everyone who has commented about him being better at commanding his box this season.Can see improvements in his game plus his distribution on Saturday was excellent.Set up quite a few attacks with his quick thinking.Think the best thing that's happened to him is getting rid of our clown of a manager from last season who obviously has no idea how to set up a defence!!!