Saturday, the manager and the season ahead

RFC55

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Saturday is now only game number 7 into the season and we have the real possibility of going 8 points behind. I know Tuesday's league cup game comes first but in the grand scheme of things our season (minus the Scottish cup) boils down to Saturday. 

So if its worst case scenario is Saturday the last straw? By worst case I basically mean any defeat. When you add in that Pedro hasn't won us 3 games in a row and we suffered one of our most humiliating European defeats ever then it isn't looking good for him.

Igenuinely think in the three games we haven't won we've been a bit unlucky. But we shouldn't be needing 3 goals to beat thistle and 4 to beat hibs. But the lulls during games are unforgivable. The taigs at this level can win 26 out of 27 etc so even beating them will still make it difficult to over throw them as we will need to be ultra consistent and deliver on a level we haven't done since SFL2.

So what's now a successful season for us? Do the board persevere with Pedro or do we go for manager number 3 and rebuild number 3 if we lose on Saturday? He was backed IMO with an amount that should've had the taigs and us pretty much neck and neck till at least the next window. I think his remit was to keep the gap if we weren't to win the league to single digits. We now sit 5 behind after 6 games and if things continue that way till the seasons end we are looking at a 25/30 point gap at seasons end. It really isn't good enough for a club like us.

If it does go wrong on Saturday then its basically an embarrassing "fight for second" and hoping for the Scottish cup.

We've improved, we can all see it but we can't seem to dominate for the majority of the game.

Don't really see how we pull a biggy out the bag on Saturday if I'm brutally honest and that hurts to say. I'll never ever fear the cunts but looking at the two sides I don't see us beating them. I hope to fuck I'm wrong but come monday next week we might be looking for a new manager 

The scattergun will be out next week , whichever way we lose . If this happens .

If we win , it would at least take some pressure off him .

I think , our board only used the ST money for spending . They failed to find the extra money to find that few extra players we needed and could have made a difference

I still believe the guy Moult at Motherwell would be the prefect fit for us .

Himself and Morales would get us second for definite . However we should be trying to compete with beggars .

Until more money is released , we just won't be able to bring in the quality quick enough for this season

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

Your having a laugh mate , backed with about 5 million to go neck and neck with a multi million dollar outfit??? We as fans keep pumping money in each year and the board  spend half of it if we are lucky on players. Should have spent 10 on transfers and another 10 in January to get closer to the scum.

Pedro will do absolutely fine if he gets the option of signing  real quality players at least 2 million each.

At the very least we should look better than Aberdeen, which at this stage i'm not confident we do.

I felt we had to make progress this season in the sense of keeping within a reasonable distance of them for at least a while rather than it all being done and dusted by the October week but lose on Saturday and it's looking that way again. I believe we had a generous start to the season fixture wise and we haven't really taken full advantage, even if you want to discount Hibs because of the horrendous refereeing that day the draws against Hearts and Partick should never have happened so it's been a missed opportunity going into the tarriers match

Any defeat will leave us in a bad position but if it is another 5-1 or something then I don't see how Pedro could ever recover, especially with him having his own mark on the team for this one

1 minute ago, simplythebest said:

I felt we had to make progress this season in the sense of keeping within a reasonable distance of them for at least a while rather than it all being done and dusted by the October week but lose on Saturday and it's looking that way again. I believe we had a generous start to the season fixture wise and we haven't really taken full advantage, even if you want to discount Hibs because of the horrendous refereeing that day the draws against Hearts and Partick should never have happened so it's been a missed opportunity going into the tarriers match

Any defeat will leave us in a bad position but if it is another 5-1 or something then I don't see how Pedro could ever recover, especially with him having his own mark on the team for this one

Very good point mate 

Got to go if we get beat next week. I think the remit was to go the distance with the tarriers and win a cup. I'd have taken second this season if we were single figures behind. It would have been a major improvement on last season, and would've allowed us to keep building next summer with what can be described as the basis of a very, very good first 11. 

The reality is if we are 8 behind after 7 games he should go. It was the same with MW the league was done by October and the same again. Inconsistency keeps repeating itself and until we sort that out we'll be miles behind. I'm not the boards biggest fan but they've backed him with the best part of £8 million and you can't continually shift the blame onto £8 million on the park. The players aren't playing to the expectations and reputations they came with. Some of those players had been doing the business at the top level for the best part of a decade and they look poor when they're playing for us. That's the managers fault.

After they got pumped by PSG and all the commentators were saying how good PSG were I watched the highlights and the one thing I  noticed was when Sinclair  or Roberts had the ball in wide areas psg were doubling sometimes trebling up on them. 

If we are to have any chance of beating them then we must do this as well.

If we win on Saturday it will be a huge psychological boost which could carry on up to xmas. Ultimately though the scum have invested much more in signings and wages than we have  over the last few years and we won't catch up with/surpass them for more than a couple of weeks.

Ours squad simply isn't deep enough. I just hope we don't have a pile of suspensions or injuries or we will really struggle to get second place.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I can't see the board admitting they were wrong to appoint Pedro so early into the season.

He'll see at least into the new year before anythings done. 

This. There's no money to replace him so the board will wait as long as possible before giving us another loan to get rid. 

Just wish people would wake Up to the root of the problem and that is the board. They expect to win on the cheap and will keep pissing money away on a manager and team that can only challenge for second instead of taking top spot. 

Let's be honest, even the biggest Pedro fan knows deep down its a case of when not if. And when his time is officially up, he should not be the only one getting their books. Eyes have to look upward at the people that keep fucking things up, farcical manager appointments, tarting up the stadium with shitey banners and posters whilst it's being neglected, total disconnection with fans and just general nonsensical running of the club in recent years.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

This. There's no money to replace him so the board will wait as long as possible before giving us another loan to get rid. 

Just wish people would wake Up to the root of the problem and that is the board. They expect to win on the cheap and will keep pissing money away on a manager and team that can only challenge for second instead of taking top spot. 

As much as I think the current board are useless and want them gone I can't really see anyone else coming in and taking over.

Just now, RDFM said:

Let's be honest, even the biggest Pedro fan knows deep down its a case of when not if. And when his time is officially up, he should not be the only one getting their books. Eyes have to look upward at the people that keep fucking things up, farcical manager appointments, tarting up the stadium with shitey banners and posters whilst it's being neglected, total disconnection with fans and just general nonsensical running of the club in recent years.

Ahh, I remember the promises of total transparency from King as if it were yesterday....... 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

As much as I think the current board are useless and want them gone I can't really see anyone else coming in and taking over.

Neither can I unless it's from overseas and you'll get blazer chasers up in arms If that happened

We're still in everything so a treble would be a successful season. A double would be a successful season. Just the league title would be a successful season. 

Failing that, appointing a manager befitting the club and stopping celtic doing the treble would be the lowest form of success acceptable. 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Betting it's a draw and people think it's big progress and he's great.

Anything less than a win and he should be gone as our manager by the time Match Of The Day starts on Saturday night. 

If we had the same current squad, do you think any other manager we could get realistically would definitely beat them? I hate the cunts and want to beat them bit it wont be easy with our squad. I know you could say well Pedro brought in these players which is fair enough but with 6 million spend, i think to consistently beat they wanks is a big ask no matter who we have at the helm.