Am I watching a different game

stewaj3

42 minutes ago, thegambler said:

Agree that Brown's elbow wasn't even an elbow and nowhere near as bad as some are making it out to be. Pedro confronting any player at half time when he's got more pressing things to concentrate on is unprofessional as fuck. 

The penalty was undoubtedly 100% a penalty though. I thought the same as you when I first saw it, but the replays show there was no contact with the ball by the defender. 

There was no contact with the player either. Defender pulled out of the challenge. The way people are talking about it being a stone walker has me questioning if I missed it entirely and I'm thinking of different I incident. I'm surprised he wasn't booked actually.

Don't care about elbow or Pedro's response to it. He didn't have a replay to look at.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Big Al II said:

There was no contact with the player either. Defender pulled out of the challenge. The way people are talking about it being a stone walker has me questioning if I missed it entirely and I'm thinking of different I incident. I'm surprised he wasn't booked actually.

Don't care about elbow or Pedro's response to it. He didn't have a replay to look at 

Will watch it again later and see as you could be right. 

Re. Pedro, it's just stupid for a manager to confront an opposition player at half time for a perceived injustice. Especially when it's still 0-0 and he's got a job to do. Just my view on it. 

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Don't care about elbow or Pedro's response to it. He didn't have a replay to look at.

He was blocking his path with his foot on the floor and his knee at a right angle. As Walker said (I feel dirty), it was too big an obstacle for him to avoid without going over.

A strange assessment with regards to mccrories display. Just about everyone I spoke to after the game thought he had a very good game, easily our best player, made a couple of excellent tackles in the first half especially. Its clear to see that if he carries in in this way then he will have a big future.I think youre at it.

The thing with the brown incident is this prick gets away with it time and time again,done it deliberatley against jason holt at the piggery in march nuthin done,aginst miller at ibrox in april nuhn done  then sat again nuhn done so i can understand why pedros upset,100 per cent penalty simunovic never got a touch to the ball,as for there corners outside the arc,if that was us there would be  public outcry

6 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

He was blocking his path with his foot on the floor and his knee at a right angle. As Walker said (I feel dirty), it was too big an obstacle for him to avoid without going over.

Fair enough not how I saw it. Thought was a penalty when first saw it. Replays were all very clear to me, the player pulled out of the challenge and Morelos went down, all with no contact whatsoever. 

If with beer, blue tinted goggles I cant even say it's a penalty then it's hardly a stone waller.

IMO the wee man dived and was lucky not to get booked.

Funny how we see it differently.

7 minutes ago, wishawbear87 said:

The thing with the brown incident is this prick gets away with it time and time again,done it deliberatley against jason holt at the piggery in march nuthin done,aginst miller at ibrox in april nuhn done  then sat again nuhn done so i can understand why pedros upset,100 per cent penalty simunovic never got a touch to the ball,as for there corners outside the arc,if that was us there would be  public outcry

The corners were within the rules though. As long as there's any part of the ball, even if it's overhanging, level with the quadrant, it's permissible. 

45 minutes ago, jim beam said:

None of them had a particularly good game in all honesty,.these type of threads will depressingly be the norm everytime we play them.

Some will see things differently to others but at the end of a game and particularly an old firm game some will look with a critical eye and some will just shout No Surrender until our next old firm defeat and then repeat.

I read an article yesterday, cant remember who it was from but they said something like "Old Firm games are now such a non event that they're akin to them vs Aberdeen/Hearts etc... occassionally we'll bloody their nose but on the whole they should win 8/9 times out of 10"

Utterly depressing but hard to disagree with anything other than blind hope.

6 minutes ago, thegambler said:

The corners were within the rules though. As long as there's any part of the ball, even if it's overhanging, level with the quadrant, it's permissible. 

On one I remember perfectly the ball was about 8 inches outside the outer most line 

Everyone knows the rules of the game mate 

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

I just look at opinions on here and mines differ so much for most of the key incidents.

Browns elbow, nothing in it for me. I hate him, but this happens every week and it's nothing.

Caixinha on brown, an embarrassment, ran out of ideas and has lost the plot.

The penalty appeal, never a penalty referee got it 100 per cent right. I didn't even think for a second that it was. Can understand if u were at the game you might think differently. On TV I thought he clearly got the ball.

Ross mccrorie's performance, average at best could have done better at both goals. Not the worst of our problems.

Nae bother Declan. 

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

I read an article yesterday, cant remember who it was from but they said something like "Old Firm games are now such a non event that they're akin to them vs Aberdeen/Hearts etc... occassionally we'll bloody their nose but on the whole they should win 8/9 times out of 10"

Utterly depressing but hard to disagree with anything other than blind hope.

Yip,that's how I'm feeling just now,can't see any way out of this mire except for serious money being spent on the management and quality players otherwise at the rate we are going we will be celebrating beating the sheep into second.and that thought is utterly utterly depressing.

Penalty was a penalty. He moved his knee which infringed Morelos and meant he couldn't keep his footing.

Elbow never connected but he should have been sent off for the intent and for the fact he has done it in the last 3 old firm games. 

Pedro squaring up to Brown is embarrassing and up there with his watp  comments in that post match interview. 

2 hours ago, stewaj3 said:

I just look at opinions on here and mines differ so much for most of the key incidents.

Browns elbow, nothing in it for me. I hate him, but this happens every week and it's nothing.

Caixinha on brown, an embarrassment, ran out of ideas and has lost the plot.

The penalty appeal, never a penalty referee got it 100 per cent right. I didn't even think for a second that it was. Can understand if u were at the game you might think differently. On TV I thought he clearly got the ball.

Ross mccrorie's performance, average at best could have done better at both goals. Not the worst of our problems.

Fuck off you clown he didn't touch the ball he pulled out of the tackle but the hurdle was too high for Morelos to get over. Even that rhabid cunt walker said it was a pen.

Nice to have a discussion unlike the fannies above.

Having watched the replay of the penalty it doesn't look like he got the ball. I'll stand corrected there. Not seeing anything in the rest

browns elbow is still a hell of a lot more dangerous than what ryan jack was sent off for against hibs, and miles worse than the morelos flick against thistle that scottish football was howling about

but its brown, nothing can and will be done against him

Pretty much agree except for the penalty, letter of the law its a pen. If you dont get the ball, he didnt, and touch the player, he did, then it simply has to be a penalty. Doesnt matter if Morelis initiates the touch and makes the most of it.

For me the biggest issue is how Pedro set the team up and motivated the players. Brow was yet again allowed to control the tempo of the game for them as we sat way way off them. First half was better due to Pena being closer to him but once he came off we were far more negative.

20 minutes ago, thegambler said:

Thats not the case the ball must be touching the line as a minimum. Overhanging is not permissible. The law states 'the ball must be placed in the area'. I've seen the ball moved to the correct position by many refs over the years.

Nice to have a discussion unlike the fannies above.

Having watched the replay of the penalty it doesn't look like he got the ball. I'll stand corrected there. Not seeing anything in the rest

Only time you'll be under any fanny unless it's yer auld dears 

Browns elbow, nothing in it for me. I hate him, but this happens every week and it's nothing. - AGREE

Caixinha on brown, an embarrassment, ran out of ideas and has lost the plot. - MIXED FEELINGS

The penalty appeal, never a penalty referee got it 100 per cent right. I didn't even think for a second that it was. Can understand if u were at the game you might think differently. On TV I thought he clearly got the ball. - 100% a PENALTY

Ross mccrorie's performance, average at best could have done better at both goals. Not the worst of our problems. GIVEN ITS HIS FIRST START I THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT. I FELT  HE COULD HAVE SEEN THE RUN AND COVERED BETTER