Nottingham Forest

Just now, .Williamson. said:

Thank fuck we're rid of him. Reading that was nothing but a throwback to everything he fed us 

This is halfway down page one of how to handle pressure warbs style handbook Not long till the no-ones died comment is rolled out :megaanguish:

I like the guy and how he tries to play the game but he cant transfer it from his FM save to real life

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the passing 4-3-3 is fine for the most part.  Where Warburton falls short is that he can't identify talent, he can't change his tactics, and he totally neglects set-pieces.  He's a smart guy but his stubborn attitude will always trip him up.

What baffles me is that Warburton seems to like having 2 wide attackers yet sidelines one of only 2 that we have at the club in Carayol. Surely it'd be far more effective letting him start instead of sticking Cummings or Brereton outside where they're not playing to their strengths and most likely getting pretty sacked off. 

It's getting to a point where Warburton's ideals are beginning to negatively affect the team. I'd love it if we stroked the ball about and passed teams to death but we don't have the players to do that. Instead we knock it about on the halfway line and just pass for passings sake. It's shite and indicative of a manager either unwilling or unable to adjust his tactics to best suit the players at his disposal. 
Edited by Danny, 16 October 2017 - 10.      

Just like RM last season. Think we are well rid. 

24 minutes ago, kanjo said:

But we were all wrong about him according to them a few months ago...

newsflash for NF fans: it’s going to get worse. 

We were the same though, full of optimism when a couple of Brentford fans joined and tried to open our eyes no-one took any notice 

Just now, MasterD said:

Is it similar to it was on here where there's loads of people trying to kid themselves on that he isn't useless?

Aye and they're using the same pish to justify it.

'doesn't have the quality of player he needs' 'he can't be blamed for the defenders not being able to defend' bla bla bla

I listened to forest derby at the weekend there (long drive aye), and it was actually kind of funny listening to it. The commentators were saying exactly what was being said about us under Warburton. Honestly couldn't believe it.

Kept saying they were brittle, too many young lightweight players. Too much possession, not taking chances. Once they lost a goal it was heads down and everyone knew they were beat. 

McKay apparently missed a sitter, he got subbed, Warburton used all three subs and then a player got a knock so there was concern if they'd be down to 10 men. 

2 hours ago, Spectre said:

We were the same though, full of optimism when a couple of Brentford fans joined and tried to open our eyes no-one took any notice 

Totally agree. September last year showed that for me. 

16 hours ago, Gman36 said:

I listened to forest derby at the weekend there (long drive aye), and it was actually kind of funny listening to it. The commentators were saying exactly what was being said about us under Warburton. Honestly couldn't believe it.

Kept saying they were brittle, too many young lightweight players. Too much possession, not taking chances. Once they lost a goal it was heads down and everyone knew they were beat. 

McKay apparently missed a sitter, he got subbed, Warburton used all three subs and then a player got a knock so there was concern if they'd be down to 10 men. 

I remember Lee Wallace having to stay on, the last few minutes, because we'd used all our sub's, as usual. 

It was always the same with Warburton, round about the hour mark one or two sub's, whether they were needed or not.

22 hours ago, bordersbear said:

What baffles me is that Warburton seems to like having 2 wide attackers yet sidelines one of only 2 that we have at the club in Carayol. Surely it'd be far more effective letting him start instead of sticking Cummings or Brereton outside where they're not playing to their strengths and most likely getting pretty sacked off. 

It's getting to a point where Warburton's ideals are beginning to negatively affect the team. I'd love it if we stroked the ball about and passed teams to death but we don't have the players to do that. Instead we knock it about on the halfway line and just pass for passings sake. It's shite and indicative of a manager either unwilling or unable to adjust his tactics to best suit the players at his disposal. 
Edited by Danny, 16 October 2017 - 10.      

Just like RM last season. Think we are well rid. 

Jesus is that a Forest fans perspective. Mirror image of posts on here last year. 

Just a matter of time until he's sacked.

The job here was far too big for him and even though Forest haven't won anything in years, their fans have high expectations and demands too because the are historically a big club too and he can't deal with them.

I still think he would be a good manager for an absolute nothing club who have a fan base who are content with watching better football than they are maybe used to but they still don't expect or demand to win anything because they never have.

Had them on my coupon.

The thing with that league is any run of wins shoots you up the table. A 45% win rate and you can be in the play-offs.

The cunt thought winning every other game here was acceptable because that's what happens down there.

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 13:10, Spectre said:

True, even the Sheffield United fans warned us off Charlie Green but they got the rubber ear as well.

Whatever happened to the bread mans unfair dismissal?