Millers Agent

Lloyd

Who do some folk feel it necessary to tarnish their legacy with us? Butcher, McCoist, Davis etc. and now Miller. 

Last couple of years he’s been a hero. The majority of us would have been happy to see Miller make sporadic appearances this year, off the bench giving his all if only for one last season, even if he didn’t contribute much and gave his all.

But no. Now he’s fucked it and probably wouldn’t be welcomed back by many if he left tomorrow.

I could understand Miller making such a song and dance of this if he was a player at the peak of his powers but it's clear that he's not the player he once was and at 37 does anybody expect him to be?

Obviously everybody wants their playing career to last as long as possible - and he could probably get a start every week elsewhere -  but at his age a reduced role in a team that's been rebuilt isn't a bad gig.

I'm still not convinced by Caixinha but when the power play is between him and a veteran who would probably have left the club at the end of the season even if they hadn't fallen out then there should only be one winner.

19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I could understand Miller making such a song and dance of this if he was a player at the peak of his powers but it's clear that he's not the player he once was and at 37 does anybody expect him to be?

I really believe HE thinks he is still that player.

His expressions and demeanour come across consistently as others being at fault (often for his shortcomings) rather than him being frustrated by his own performances.

I genuinely believe he feels hard done to.

5 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

When have you criticised a player for being rank or a manager for being shite? In all my years on here I can't recall a single such post.

So whilst you say this is legitimate debate, or earlier in Miller's case it's one thing to want him out based on form, the reality is you never contribute in support of such arguments.

Quite the opposite, in the Ally days you stipulated that you wouldn't give an inch in criticism of him as that would lead to more and more.

So typically you then resort to nonsense (pitchforks), default defence as though blind loyalty is better than acknowledging and demanding rectification of the failings of a player/manager, or disappear only to return many weeks later resuming the nonsense / loyalty approaches.

Whilst I do actually see that you want the best for the Club, this can't come only from backing those in the jersey, hot seat or board. Change is needed where their best us simply not good enough.

And when folk are so angered by players performances then of course stupid remarks come into it like wishing they were out (yes injured mentioned by some). But very few if any have I ever interpreted as our support genuinely wishing an injury on a player.

Anyone who accepts the status quo, accepts mediocrity and DOESN'T demand the best to get us back to the top isn't a genuine supporter imo. Equal to an armchair one who watches us on soortscene and reads about us in the record.

... and you think jumping on the rumour bandwagon is the valid if a player ( or manager) is poor but is terrible and disgraceful if they are playing well. 

Folk like you hide behind the 'we want what is best' and use it as an excuse for being a moaning git with some sense of entitlement instead of appreciating the efforts folk actually put in on outlet behslf. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

... and you think jumping on the rumour bandwagon is the valid if a player ( or manager) is poor but is terrible and disgraceful if they are playing well. 

Folk like you hide behind the 'we want what is best' and use it as an excuse for being a moaning git with some sense of entitlement instead of appreciating the efforts folk actually put in on outlet behslf. 

Generally me and @Sportingintegritymyarse disagree on most things Rangers related but that is just pathetic

Every one of us want what's best for Rangers, you are arguably an exception to that though, you genuinely don't care if we win, lose or draw. As long as you don't criticise anything(other than our support) you are happy. 

3 hours ago, Bydo said:

Who do some folk feel it necessary to tarnish their legacy with us? Butcher, McCoist, Davis etc. and now Miller. 

Last couple of years he’s been a hero. The majority of us would have been happy to see Miller make sporadic appearances this year, off the bench giving his all if only for one last season, even if he didn’t contribute much and gave his all.

But no. Now he’s fucked it and probably wouldn’t be welcomed back by many if he left tomorrow.

My question is why do fans tarnish players legacies? - especially based on rumour - no facts in this story but that does not stop folk believing the worse 

6 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Para one- I'm all for backing managers - he has every right to treat any player, including Miller, in the way he thinks is best for the squad - it is these decisions he is paid to make and he is judged on the results those decisions lead to.

However what I think is low is when supporters(?) take to using rumours to degenerate either a player or manager because they want change ( whether that is a player dropped or manager sacked) 

para 2 - Kenny thumped  the badge for them. - so folk use that some sort of excuse for having a dig at him now, whilst forgetting all his goals for us, especially against them. That to me smacks more of having an agenda than being a supporter. 

Para 3.no room for sentiment. Great clubs are built on sentiment - one of our 'mottos' is ( used to be) loyalty. Folk now trying to redefine that as if players, managers are nothing to do with the club.

I repeat it is one thing to debate ( say) the merits of Miller playing or Pedro managing but to use rumour, sun headlines, or something you read in a blog; representing them as fact and justification for knifing players or managers in the back is not what I would call 'supporting'. 

I don’t have an agenda. I just call it like I see it.  

I think Kenny Miller is a hinderance on the park and have said it since the MW era, and was regularly slaughtered for voicing that opinion I might add. I don’t want him in the squad anymore for footballing reasons. 

Did he contribute well in his first and second spells - yes, absolutely. Can he now to the same effect? Absolutely not IMO.

He may or may not be the leak, but the way the media and his agent has jumped to say it’s not him makes me think that it is. For whatever reason, he’s been punted from the squad - and I’m backing our manager. His demeanour, actions and performance strike me as someone who thought he was bigger than he is and has now been taken down a peg. 

Sentiment isn’t dishing out contracts or appearances for guys that are no longer good enough. I’m all for sentiment and acknowledging people’s contributions, and honouring legends (and even those that aren’t). However, what I won’t do is treat them with respect if they don’t give it to our club in return. I’ve no time for the Butchers, McCoists and Naismiths of this world - is Kenny in that bracket? Not quite yet, but he’s certaibly edging towards it. 

10 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Generally me and @Sportingintegritymyarse disagree on most things Rangers related but that is just pathetic

Every one of us want what's best for Rangers, you are arguably an exception to that though, you genuinely don't care if we win, lose or draw. As long as you don't criticise anything(other than our support) you are happy. 

:lol: I care about results - I just don't get to het up about being critical all the time - I'm a believer in positivity but that's a contra opinion on here - there are even moaning threads about this and that or this player or that one after a good win. Go figure. You keep up being a moaning git -  if you thinks that's how to support - fill yer boots. 

2 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

:lol: I care about results - I just don't get to het up about being critical all the time - I'm a believer in positivity but that's a contra opinion on here - there are even moaning threads about this and that or this player or that one after a good win. Go figure. You keep up being a moaning git -  if you thinks that's how to support - fill yer boots. 

We'd still have Ally here if everyone had your attitude. Fucking tool. 

12 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

My question is why do fans tarnish players legacies? - especially based on rumour - no facts in this story but that does not stop folk believing the worse 

The players do it themselves. 

Your hero being the perfect example. 

Just now, Bluepeter9 said:

I think supporting is sticking by the club through thick and thin, something our fanbase has done throughout the past 5 years, Showing blind faith and refusing to say if something is bad isn't being supportive, it's accepting mediocrity.

31 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Appreciating the efforts :lol:  that's a right winning mentality/ethos right there that will get us challenging again

18 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Are you the most naive person on the planet or just criminally daft all the fucking time?

There’s no danger that his agent never said that on his behalf. If any agent went behind his clients back and released a statement like that he would be sacked quicker than you like. That’s what has tarnished his legacy in this instance, not what he may have (or may not have) done.

15 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Also the fact is Miller was our captain whilst Wallace is out for months and as such the first name on the team sheet - he's went from that to playing with the reserves and not making match day squads literally overnight. 

That's a fact and it tells you something has happened. 

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

1... and you think jumping on the rumour bandwagon is the valid if a player ( or manager) is poor but is terrible and disgraceful if they are playing well. 

2.....Folk like you hide behind the 'we want what is best' and use it as an excuse for being a moaning git with some sense of entitlement instead of appreciating the efforts folk actually put in on outlet behslf. 

1. Thats doesn't even make sense.

2. My sense of entitlement us to work towards getting back to being no1. The time for getting there varies from fan to fan. I believe thus season us about finishing 2nd and significantly cutting the gap. Others will say this is lower an expectation than we should have.

Is this a demanding sense of entitlement or expectation? Shoukd I be grateful for those being well paid but significantly underperforming to get 2nd?

Moaning git? Yeah fair enough.

Excuse and Apologist.... all yours to wear as a medal. 

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

The fuck we do.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:

So is it wrong to be critical of certain performances or failings even after a win?

Win 2 nil and we shouldn't criticise / evaluate a dozen chances missed? Lose a goal during a win and we shouldnt look to understand why and, yes, apportion blame?

This is what every player coach and manager should do repeatedly whilst searching for the unachievable perfection. Don't see why we shouldn't discuss also.

But then you don't critique or criticise during a defeat so you wouldn't get doing it during a victory.

Kenny Miller's agent has continued to criticise Rangers on social media, this time claiming his client's reputation has been "trashed" by recent events.

In an Instagram post on Tuesday, David Baldwin said Rangers disrespected Miller by dropping him following claims of a "leak" in the Ibrox dressing room.

Miller has not featured in the last two matches following an alleged disagreement with boss Pedro Caixinha.

And Baldwin insists it should have been made clear that Miller was innocent.

On Wednesday, Baldwin posted another message following criticism from Rangers fans.

"Just to clarify, because some people are clearly missing the point," the agent wrote on Instagram. "I have absolutely no problem with a player being dropped for lack of form and football reasons.

"The manager picks the team and squad and always should. Absolutely no problem with that.

'That leads to his family getting dogs abuse'

"The problem I have is when the player is the only player dropped the day after a big rant about the club having a dressing room 'leak' and then it is not clarified why he is being left out.

"It leaves it open to inferral and insinuation and endless newspaper stories and social media speculation that he was possibly or clearly the leak. When clearly he wasn't.

"That then leads to his family getting dogs abuse about their loved one being a 'rat' and a 'traitor.' Which is unacceptable.

"It is not often a football club makes a claim that they have a leak in the dressing room, so my very simple point was that the club should have quickly clarified that wasn't why this particular player was being left out.

"Simple and would have saved a top professional's reputation from getting trashed. Hopefully that clears it up."

Caixinha said on Tuesday that Miller was not involved against St Johnstone on Friday night due to a slight hamstring knock he picked up in training.

Rangers face Motherwell on Sunday in the Scottish League Cup semi-final at Hampden.