Morelos' overall play

Gaz52

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Needs someone up alongside him, that doesn’t go walk about, slapping his head and pointing out what everyone else is doing wrong apart from himself. 

Wasn’t the biggest fan of Garner but Morelos would be having a field day off the balls Garner wins in the air. 

3 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Hyping it just a little Gaz but basically i agree. We havent had a striker to play off in a long time but each week the wee man's all round game is getting better and better. As i've stated several times in the last 2-3 weeks if we can get a couple of decent 'number 10's' to play off him, link up with him and distract opposing defenders then he will really really flourish  

maybe if miller didn`t play  ch/lb/rb/ mf  and actually played up front like he is meant to it would help

Good to see the amount of effort he puts in, makes the defenders work even when he’s not scoring but ultimately he’ll be judged on goals and he needs to get back on the score sheet regularly.

We’ll never play with 2 upfront that both stay up there so it’s up to the midfield/wide men to get up quickly enough to play just off him when we’re attacking.

If he keeps working hard the goals will come.

9 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Fans are turning him into the modern day Sebo. He's a striker paid to score goals. He hasn't scored in 8 weeks now. 

I think the Problem is he was brought in as Potential and we were supposed to have better strikers at the Club that has not materialized so we are expecting him to pick up the slack which so far he's struggled to do. I also agree he's needing to score more often.

In saying all that I have no doubt he will go on to be a very good striker for us but will take time and patience.

10 hours ago, cushynumber said:

we keep playing him up front on his tod. i dont understand that - especially when 3 up against partick at home. His overall play is good, but the initial goalscoring promise seems to have dried up unfortunately. he wont score-25-30 thats for sure - especially on his own.

He will most definitely get 20+ this season

9 hours ago, gsa said:

We should've kept Garner rather than sign Herrera. Garner and Morelos together would be really tough to play against. 

Hindsight is a great thing unforunately. We were all (mostly) slating Garner for two yard misses, even when he had a strike partner, and thought PC knew what he was doing bringing Herrera in.

Would I rather have Garner alongside Morelos? Yes. 

Part from the celtic game the team has scored in every game he's been played in since the drought has started. With 4 at Hamilton scored 3 in another 4. We scoring goals it's actually a relief we have goals from all round the field instead of banking on him to get us all our goals. We have scored alot more goals than last year at this point.  Doing his job, think the goals will come again for sure.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I think the Problem is he was brought in as Potential and we were supposed to have better strikers at the Club that has not materialized so we are expecting him to pick up the slack which so far he's struggled to do. I also agree he's needing to score more often.

In saying all that I have no doubt he will go on to be a very good striker for us but will take time and patience.

Totally agree with the first bit mate. I've read so many folk say he is our main man and we can rely on him to fire us to a title challenge etc etc. Utter nonsense. He is a 3rd choice striker. He shold be 3rd in line behind 2 experienced proper Rangers strikers, which we don't have. I don't see much quality in his play, i see loads of endeavour and load of guts but little quality. If any other Rangers striker had n scored in 4, 5, 6 games they would be getting slaughtered, this kid hasn't scored in 8 weeks and we have people still saying he is top drawer and this and that because he puts himself about. It's embarrassing. Rangers strikers are paid to score goals and fire us to titles and trophies, he isn't. Yet.