David Murray

Ferris Bueller

26 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

That's some.scattergun that. SDM has caused a lot of heartache to Rangers fans in the last decade or so but he didn't cause morelos to head over an open goal or any of what happened yesterday.

He's not caused any of the mental block that seems to hit this side when they play at ibrox (1 home league win all season) yet win every away game bar thistle.

He's caused a lot but yesterday ain't his fault.

Like ally and his team previous aye boards can be awful, charlatans, allowing caretaker managers to stay a lot longer than anyone wants (McDowell and murty) but on the footballing field it is purely a players and managerial problem.

To me yesterday was GMs lack of tactical nous that cost him. When it went 1 0 he didn't really know what to do. He didn't particularly have a strong bench and we all roundabout me at the game said that the 1st 11 was basically the team that was to.get the 3 points and the bench was that bad he was hoping we'd already be a couple of goals up before needing it.

The board and or lack of.funds debate is a good debate to have but the last two managers have blown any budget they've had on absolute shit. It's their job to identify to the budget. They haven't and have failed us. The budget on offer here is still such that we should be able to ride on the taigs coattails. I genuinely believe that the money spent in the summer had it been done so by a competent manager would be enough to really give the taigs a problem  (others don't but I respect that)

All in all though SDM didn't cause yesterday and on here it seems to be everyone is in the firing line.

Said it in the match thread we were shite but had enough chances to win 3 or 4 games.

Nailed that there, good post.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I'm no fan of David Murray, but he was forced to sell the club to Whyte, by Lloyd's bank, who took over the BoS, to get their hands on the £millions before the tax man.

I thank him for 9IAR, but can't forgive him for the mess he made afterwards.

Maybe if the BoS didn't go under, we'd have been alright, they were a Rangers friendly bank, at the time.

Maybe if Whyte had paid the PAYE, & NI contributions, for the year, the taxman might have done a deal regarding EBT's.

What I want to know is ,did the sfa know for sure whyte wasn't paying paye  and ni for month's before admin,if so they are just as culpable as Murray and whyte. 

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

That's some.scattergun that. SDM has caused a lot of heartache to Rangers fans in the last decade or so but he didn't cause morelos to head over an open goal or any of what happened yesterday.

He's not caused any of the mental block that seems to hit this side when they play at ibrox (1 home league win all season) yet win every away game bar thistle.

Like ally and his team previous aye boards can be awful, charlatans, allowing caretaker managers to stay a lot longer than anyone wants (McDowell and murty) but on the footballing field it is purely a players and managerial problem.

To me yesterday was GMs lack of tactical nous that cost him. When it went 1 0 he didn't really know what to do. He didn't particularly have a strong bench and we all roundabout me at the game said that the 1st 11 was basically the team that was to.get the 3 points and the bench was that bad he was hoping we'd already be a couple of goals up before needing it.

The board and or lack of.funds debate is a good debate to have but the last two managers have blown any budget they've had on absolute shit. It's their job to identify to the budget. They haven't and have failed us. The budget on offer here is still such that we should be able to ride on the taigs coattails. I genuinely believe that the money spent in the summer had it been done so by a competent manager would be enough to really give the taigs a problem  (others don't but I respect that)

All in all though SDM didn't cause yesterday and on here it seems to be everyone is in the firing line.

Said it in the match thread we were shite but had enough chances to win 3 or 4 games.

You're right mate, (apart from its 2 league home wins so far). It can only be the jersey is too heavy and playing at home in front of full houses shows this.

19 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

You're right mate, (apart from its 2 league home wins so far). It can only be the jersey is too heavy and playing at home in front of full houses shows this.

Ffs mate you're correct. I forgot all about thistle lol 

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Great post mate.

So much truth in what you say.

I am not exactly onboard with the failure of Pedro's recruitment, and many of the incoming players are more than decent.

The positive evidence for the improvement in players is actually provided in your own post regarding our away form!

Three points at Ibrox has always traditionally been a given for Rangers teams, with the league winning Rangers sides being the ones who could also consistently do the business on the road.

So why is this team failing to perform in front of our insanely loyal sold out Ibrox crowds?

Yesterday was a game where an in-form Hamilton side parked the bus.

They offered nothing as a threat until we supplied a goal to them on the plate through an unfortunate error.

After that, our confidence began to drain, and visibly the players all shrunk in size and stature.

It is too simplistic just to say that the players and indeed the entire playing staff are shyte.

Just as It is also too simplistic to say that yesterday was a loss to a better football team.

We have a problem playing at Ibrox and I wonder if it isn't some fault of our home support and the inability for us to provide positive support when something goes wrong, or to show patience when things aren't going right.

The answer to this if it is true, won't just rest with the support, it may also need some real restructuring of where people are placed inside the stadium if it is to be properly fixed, and in that the Board may have to deal with a difficult issue.

14 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

All of this is your fault! Your dodgy dealings started us on this path to nowhere.

If only we had listened to those who doubted your ways at the time this mess might never have happened.

Yep this mess started with him, Lloyds Bank, followed closely by Craig shite and green and his cohorts! But as you say the blame lies firmly at DMs door! He saved himself at our expense 

16 hours ago, GOAT said:

The day he sold us to a fucking chancer for a quid without doing due diligence is the day he became one of the biggest scumbags in our history. 

Without due diligence why ,he knew he was a fraud and it was moonbeam who orchestrated the whole deal so he could get out ,the whole administration era came quicker as we were knocked out Europe Twice in quick succession and he knew he wasn't paying Tax and Ni .If Avc was accepted by creditors job would have been done ,Murray would have been back at helm .

First post on this site. Firstly, I agree with Murray taking deserved criticism for the desperate nature of the sale to Craig Whyte.

However, I doubt that there are very many people without the benefit of hindsight that weren't 100% behind him during the late eighties and early nineties. The nine in a row, the European run, the destruction and humiliation of the tims, Sir Walter, Gazza, Laudrup etc. I for one wouldn't change that time for anything and along with 1972 was my best time as a Rangers supporter.

Doubts only crept in about Murray, once it became obvious that his business was in financial difficulty, but until then I genuinely believe that he had Rangers interests at heart. I believe that he wanted to turn us in to a top European club and nearly managed it.

Turning the issue on its head, another question worth considering is, how much did his involvement in Rangers affect his business, which ultimately went burst.

How the cub has been mismanaged since, well that's a whole other topic of squandered opportunity, which I will comment on at a later date.

5 minutes ago, The Barca Bear said:

First post on this site. Firstly, I agree with Murray taking deserved criticism for the desperate nature of the sale to Craig Whyte.

However, I doubt that there are very many people without the benefit of hindsight that weren't 100% behind him during the late eighties and early nineties. The nine in a row, the European run, the destruction and humiliation of the tims, Sir Walter, Gazza, Laudrup etc. I for one wouldn't change that time for anything and along with 1972 was my best time as a Rangers supporter.

Doubts only crept in about Murray, once it became obvious that his business was in financial difficulty, but until then I genuinely believe that he had Rangers interests at heart. I believe that he wanted to turn us in to a top European club and nearly managed it.

Turning the issue on its head, another question worth considering is, how much did his involvement in Rangers affect his business, which ultimately went burst.

How the cub has been mismanaged since, well that's a whole other topic of squandered opportunity, which I will comment on at a later date.

Didn't Hugh Adam have doubts well before that, and didn't he make his doubts known at that time either?

14 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Didn't Hugh Adam have doubts well before that, and didn't he make his doubts known at that time either?

He quite probably did and may have had good reason or he may just have been a resistent member of the old school, all I am saying was that the vast majority at the time were in favour of what Murray was doing with the club. In reality, financial problems stretched away back to The Lawrence empire, which is the reason Murray was able to buy Rangers in the first place

4 minutes ago, The Barca Bear said:

He quite probably did and may have had good reason or he may just have been a resistent member of the old school, all I am saying was that the vast majority at the time were in favour of what Murray was doing with the club. In reality, financial problems stretched away back to The Lawrence empire, which is the reason Murray was able to buy Rangers in the first place

Hmm, I disagree with you on some parts, and I agree with something in your post. 

Just now, The Barca Bear said:

I suppose that's the whole point of a forum

Hopefully, one day someone intelligent will sit back and write about the whole of these past few decades in the club's history and put the whole thing into perspective. I think that may be necessary, but maybe that day has to be in the future to make that perspective a very fair reflection of that time.

5 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

No, the problem is Dave King & CO. Without Murray we'd have been this bad for decades. 

Dave King and co are certainly far from perfect. No question of that. If youre saying though that we owe Murray all our success from the mid 80s onwards then that is nonsense. We were far and away the number one club in Scotland when he bought the us. We had England internationals and an all seated stadium that no one else had . It would have been hard for him to make a cunt of it but eventually he did . And when he did he couldn't drop us quick enough.

17 hours ago, The hustler said:

there's just so many questions I'd like to ask SDM.

About HBOS. About HMRC. About EBT's. About Craig Whyte. About MIH. Many more.....

But I don't think we'll ever get the answers to these sort of questions.At least not in the immediate future

What I do think though is that when MIH ran into difficulties yahoos in positions of influence took it upon themselves to conduct a campaign to financially destroy Rangers. And we're talking politicians who orchestrated all of this. I've been told all the names. 

I suspect SDM knows this & who these individuals are. Whether he ever divulges this information is another matter

Good Post :tu:

I too think SDM made enemies that wanted to sink him. I wouldn't have SDM back in control of Rangers as he sold the club out to save his skin,  but I wouldn't refuse any investment he made into the club to help put right the damage his reign caused.

20 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

All of this is your fault! Your dodgy dealings started us on this path to nowhere.

If only we had listened to those who doubted your ways at the time this mess might never have happened.

Hugh Adam did try to warn us on Saturday 02 February 2002 in the Scotsman, unfortunately Murray had the media in his back pocket and set them on Adam, rubbishing his opinion which I believe swayed the fans. But there's more than Murray to this story. All the directors have a legal duty and none of them can seriously sit there and say they didn't know. No one from the board in Murray's time in charge should be at our club or even be allowed at any football club.