Ryan Jack Red

scottyc06

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Not what he’s saying, he’d have actually been safer if he’d went into the 50/50 with Jack and not shat it. My dad always told me not to pull out of tackles because I’d be more likely to get hurt and now I see why he said that.

So did mine.

It wasn’t always true......

10 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Anyway, we won, despite it - which may have helped prove this group CAN handle adversity & still pull through.

:tu:  without a doubt mate.  Saw a side to us today that had been sorely missing over recent years.

Desire and fight.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We committed three more fouls and received three more cards. 

Gollum was always sending one of our players off after his horror show on Wednesday. 

I’m with you on this - how Shinnie didn’t get a second is beyond me.

Watched it again there and it was never a red card, Jack didn't lead with his studs, and made a side footed challange with no intent to cause injury, unfortunately for May he completely missed the ball and in doing so planted his foot directly in the path of Jack.

I'd  be extremely disappointed if he doesn't win another appeal.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

If he passed the ball he was passing it through May, seeing as that's where he actually hit the 'pass'. There's no way he hit it that badly that he hit a pass that far off where he wanted it to go. It would be like a 35 degree difference to get it to McCrorie. Far more likely he just hit it at May because it was a challenge. Not to mention that he hit it with some force to a guy that was only a few feet away. 

Everything suggests it as a challenge. It was stupid because it couldn't do anything but follow through high and dangerously. As it did. You can't do that these days. You have to be responsible for where your studs are going.

Your entitled to your opinion, of course you are, but i happen to disagree on both counts.

He played the ball as a pass, as i said there were plenty misplaced passes in the game and this would have been another one had it not deflected and landed at McCrorie, players do it all the time they win the ball and pass it into space and a team mate attacks that space, not every pass goes straight to a team mates feet.

I really think you are reading too much into Jacks body language, he does have an unusual style and his arms are usually held up when he passes the ball.

For years i have seen Barrie McKay get abuse for being a 'shitebag' for not going into challenges he wouldn't win, now we are seeing Jack called an idiot for going into a challenge he did win:lol:

After the Killie game i was raging with Jack, stupid sending off even if harsh, but today i wasn't annoyed at him as it was a dreadful decision.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

There was certainly no raking. Studs were stuck straight into his ankle.

I saw it starting higherwith the flat of Jack’s sole all the way down May’s shin. 

Just watched it again - mid calf down to the ankle.

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He raked his studs from knee to ankle.

Well that’s a load of shit for a start, you have watched the incident. 

Just rewatched it - mid-calf to ankle.

So?

Just now, plumbGER said:

Your entitled to your opinion, of course you are, but i happen to disagree on both counts.

He played the ball as a pass, as i said there were plenty misplaced passes in the game and this would have been another one had it not deflected and landed at McCrorie, players do it all the time they win the ball and pass it into space and a team mate attacks that space, not every pass goes straight to a team mates feet.

I really think you are reading too much into Jacks body language, he does have an unusual style and his arms are usually held up when he passes the ball.

For years i have seen Barrie McKay get abuse for being a 'shitebag' for not going into challenges he wouldn't win, now we are seeing Jack called an idiot for going into a challenge he did win:lol:

After the Killie game i was raging with Jack, stupid sending off even if harsh, but today i wasn't annoyed at him as it was a dreadful decision.

There's misplaced passes and there's firing the ball straight at the guy right in front of you.

The body language is just part of it mate. Jack knew what he was doing, and it wasn't passing it innocently.

I don't want a reckless challenger any more than I want a shitebag. I'd like someone with the intelligence to know how to be hard without being stupid.

I think it's quite important as well. Someone needs to realise it for what it is at the club IMO, otherwise Jack gets away with putting the game at risk for us for the umpteenth time. 

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

Red cards being rescinded or not, I just wish Jack would stop putting himself in situations where these kinds of decisions have to be made by our shitey referees.

That would help?

3 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

If this was overturned surely it would be some sort of record

I don’t think it will be overturned. Not because I think it was a red because i genuinely don’t think it was. It won’t be overturned because then the SFA will have to investigate their referees. If they overturn then it’s admitting that one of our players is being targeted and they won’t admit that.  

I’ve watched it about 50 times now and I still don’t see how anyone could justify the referee’s decision. 

At the point where Jack makes contact with the ball, Stevie May’s leg is nowhere near. As Jack follows through naturally, May moves his foot into a position where it comes into contact with Jack’s. 

It’s unfortunate, but Jack played the ball and there was nothing else he could have done. Not even a foul, let alone a red.

Archived