Did We Miss a Trick With Davie Moyes?

KingKennyMiller

Moyes is a football manager.   Bags of experience and credentials.  He knows the score when it comes to managing football clubs. 

Murty is a non-manager.  No direct relevant football management experience of any kind other than his interim roles at Rangers.  No track record of managing a professional top flight first team season after season.  He is a gamble.  A very big gamble.   A huge gamble that could yet lead to a football catastrophe at Rangers even with JN there to help steady the ship.    A gamble because he is a non-manger.   Maybe not a Waitrose manager but the point is he has no direct relevant experience of football management and the Rangers board has seen fit to give him the job anyway.

Did we miss a trick?   It's not so much a case of missing a trick as the board of the Club failing to do the best thing for the Club which would have been to have appointed a proper football manager who has a good track record and who has enough direct relevant experience of managing a top team to inspire confidence that he knows what he is doing and can deliver accordingly.  

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, OneDavidCooper said:

:thumbup: To be honest, I think virtually all managers are 5 games away from the sack these days. I honestly don't know why, for example, any manager who cares about his reputation would want the Swansea job. Whoever picks their managers definitely should be fired.

Except St. Brendan, he could lose 5 on the trot as portrayed as a kind saviour of world football:lol:

1 hour ago, KingKennyMiller said:

He's doing fantastically well with West Ham at the moment.

I know it never worked out at Man Utd, but he was never going to fill the shoes of Sir Alex Ferguson.  No shame in that really.

I have to say I never wanted him based purely on the fact of who he played for. I'm now thinking I was wrong.

I think our Board were of the same opinion and that's why he's not the Manager of Rangers. I'm now thinking they were wrong also.

Given the embarrassing McInnes debacle, and the fact that we're still without a Manager, I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks we've missed the boat here?

Silly question, we couldn’t afford him 

5 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Moyes is a football manager.   Bags of experience and credentials.  He knows the score when it comes to managing football clubs. 

Murty is a non-manager.  No direct relevant football management experience of any kind other than his interim roles at Rangers.  No track record of managing a professional top flight first team season after season.  He is a gamble.  A very big gamble.   A huge gamble that could yet lead to a football catastrophe at Rangers even with JN there to help steady the ship.    A gamble because he is a non-manger.   Maybe not a Waitrose manager but the point is he has no direct relevant experience of football management and the Rangers board has seen fit to give him the job anyway.

Did we miss a trick?   It's not so much a case of missing a trick as the board of the Club failing to do the best thing for the Club which would have been to have appointed a proper football manager who has a good track record and who has enough direct relevant experience of managing a top team to inspire confidence that he knows what he is doing and can deliver accordingly.  

Souness had no direct experience of managing a club when we appointed him.

Smith had no experience of managing a top-flight team when we appointed him other than a handful of games as interim.

Moyes' "good track record" ended four jobs ago when he left Everton. He was shite at United, shite at Real Sociedad, shite at Sunderland and will revert to being shite at West Ham before January is over.

Murty Is our Manager, He is doing a good job at stabilising the playing staff and getting that great feelin to be a Rangers player back at the club.. We will just need to see at the end of the season the progression made and who we can afford to consider. Maybe even consider a Extention to murty.

have a google at the salaries Moyes has been on - and is on (including the 7 figure bonus he gets if he keeps West Ham up) -  and then come back to us and ask if we "missed a trick". It amamzes me that after all this time people still seem to think we can attract EPL quality players or managers  - and pay commensurate wages

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Souness - no managerial experience.

Walter Smith - no managerial experience.

Warburton - two season managerial experience. 

Appointing a manager with little experience can go two ways. Either Walter or Warburton. It is a gamble but sure as Fuck im glad we have Murty and not Moyes.

Its all about pressure up here. He’s not expecting to win every game, they couldn’t give a fuck if he lost 8 of his next 10 as long as he kept them up. 

Dealing with expecting to win every game home and away is totally different to scraping staying in the league.

Alex Neil said a point gained yesterday when Preston drew one each yesterday at Millwall. The mentality over actually being a manager is needed first. 

3 hours ago, KingKennyMiller said:

He's doing fantastically well with West Ham at the moment.

I know it never worked out at Man Utd, but he was never going to fill the shoes of Sir Alex Ferguson.  No shame in that really.

I have to say I never wanted him based purely on the fact of who he played for. I'm now thinking I was wrong.

I think our Board were of the same opinion and that's why he's not the Manager of Rangers. I'm now thinking they were wrong also.

Given the embarrassing McInnes debacle, and the fact that we're still without a Manager, I just wanted to ask if anyone else thinks we've missed the boat here?

Are you at the wind up or just taking the piss?

We've had two managers who didn't fit the club and you want to go for a taig?

5a5b82a308dba_dU5uwWV3RqucQ7InODGZ_ThirdHandSlap.gif.b2524041222c2f8184fec35a6eedf8a6.gif

25 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Why?

Just seems bizarre to me to even consider him. He wouldnt stand a hope in hell here for the scum connection alone without even taking his recent managerial record into account. Will be surprised if west ham are not in this seasons relegation battle.