4-4-2

jjbscotty12

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, RDFM said:

According to everyone’s favourite stat guy Jack has been the second best defensive midfielder in the league year. 

I am aware, but they’re both meant to be back relatively soon no?

No. Even if they are back in time for the spoon burners game and we have, for example, McCrorie and Goss bossing it in the middle, they aren't going to get straight back in. With competition for places rife now every single person has to earn their place. Neither of them have done anywhere near well enough to demand a starting slot in our team anyway imo. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

It's a complete head fuck :lol: 

Fod 

Tav.   Wilson.     Bates.   John

Candeias McCrorie Goss Windass

Cummings.    Morelos

I think..

I quite like the look of it. McCrorie can drop deep and play 4-1-3-2 or John can move up to Midfield and Cummings up top with Morelos for a 3-5-2. Quite adaptable. How well Bates would cope at LB would be interesting though and the only question mark.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

No. Even if they are back in time for the spoon burners game and we have, for example, McCrorie and Goss bossing it in the middle, they aren't going to get straight back in. With competition for places rife now every single person has to earn their place. Neither of them have done anywhere near well enough to demand a starting slot in our team anyway imo. 

Bit presumptuous to assume Goss is going to be “bossing it” though isn’t it? 

2 minutes ago, SouthamptonGer said:

I quite like the look of it. McCrorie can drop deep and play 4-1-3-2 or John can move up to Midfield and Cummings up top with Morelos for a 3-5-2. Quite adaptable. How well Bates would cope at LB would be interesting though and the only question mark.

i've never wanted to see a question left unanswered more in my life 

1 minute ago, Vanoli said:

Aren't we jumping the gun on Goss? See how he does competitively against the shithouses in this league first. Otherwise, Murty has some major but brilliant headaches. 

Yes. He's a 22 year old who's played less than ten senior matches. 

1 minute ago, ianferguson said:

I've been saying all season to go 3-5-2 but that was because we had no natural wingers , Murphy and Jones possible arrival would surely make 352 extremely unlikely. 

It was unlikely before they arrived mate. 

Just feel 3-5-2 gives Tav and John or whoever you play in there more cover when they bomb forward. 

8 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Do you not know what a hypothetical situation is? 

It’s a lazy point to make.

Its just like me saying, for example, Goss scores an own goal a game. Absolutely pointless to talk hypotheticals based off of two friendly games while we have two players who have been performing before they got injured. 

Odd that everybody is suggesting 4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 based on the signing of Cummings resulting in us playing with more than one up front.

Firstly, we don't know that Murty necessarily plans to play with 2 up front.

Secondly,  he has already used a formation with two up, namely the diamond - hardly anyone has suggested this despite it clearly being a system he likes

16 minutes ago, MikeBlue said:

Odd that everybody is suggesting 4-4-2, 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 based on the signing of Cummings resulting in us playing with more than one up front.

Firstly, we don't know that Murty necessarily plans to play with 2 up front.

Secondly,  he has already used a formation with two up, namely the diamond - hardly anyone has suggested this despite it clearly being a system he likes

The diamond was before he signed Murphy and attempts to sign Jones, he obviously has decided to go with wingers which the diamond doesn't cater for. 

56 minutes ago, RDFM said:

It’s a lazy point to make.

Its just like me saying, for example, Goss scores an own goal a game. Absolutely pointless to talk hypotheticals based off of two friendly games while we have two players who have been performing before they got injured. 

The fuck are you talking about? It was a hypothetical situation because the 2 players you mentioned and only one of them might only be back for the Hibs game, hence the hypothetical!

Foderingham

Tavernier        McCrorie        Wilson        John

Goss

Dorrans

Candeias                                                       Murphy

Cummings               Morelos

Fuck knows how we'll be lining up by the end of the month.   :dunno:

22 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

The diamond was before he signed Murphy and attempts to sign Jones, he obviously has decided to go with wingers which the diamond doesn't cater for. 

You may be right - hope so as I'm not a fan of the diamond.  That said, 4-4-2 is a problem with proper wingers as well unless you have two top class CMs.  It's so easy for the other team to play one up front and you get overrun in the middle.