***The Official Rangers V Hearts Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Hilly86 said:

Can't believe I'm wishing Holt was playing instead of Candeias or Windass, feeling another complacent loss is on the cards...

1-1.

You should check this out: https://therangersreport.com/2018/02/22/xg-impact-player-usage-Rangers-getting-it-right-dundee-not-so-much/

"Jason Holt may be the only player who has played a majority of the available minutes whose output doesn’t look great.  However, the only central midfielder who has played more than 10% of the minutes with a higher xG Impact per 90 is Goss…so if anything – the numbers support the decision to play Jason Holt up until the point that Sean Goss joined the team & subsequently replaced Holt in the lineup."  Goss certainly looks like a better playmaker than Holt.  The only question is if Docherty is better than Holt and given his performances at Hamilton he probably is.

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I laugh at the amount of people who picked Holt in their starting 11. Was never going to happen. Was always going to be the same team with maybe Alves replacing someone. I agree that Cummings will be getting pissed off but we are scoring from so many positions that he will just have to bide his time. He is definitely talented enough to start.

I dont laugh.

Holt is a wee work horse.

But Docherty is better IMO. 

The fact that Murty has options now is great.

24 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Nope if Cummings wants to stay he should be signed he has obvious talent just isn’t better than what we have.

The player needs to agree to the move.  If he's not getting first-team football here he wont agree to a move regardless of a fee being previously agreed with Notts.  Cummings clearly wants first-team football and wont be content sitting on the bench.

Any links?  Should be sat right now in the Club Deck,,, missed ma train ,, got there with it sat in the platform but guard said doors shut and wouldn't let me on :(   Coming up on the next one after the first half so will only see one half of the game but still make my mates birthday night 

After 4 months in the Falklands was really looking forward to this 

5 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

You should check this out: https://therangersreport.com/2018/02/22/xg-impact-player-usage-Rangers-getting-it-right-dundee-not-so-much/

"Jason Holt may be the only player who has played a majority of the available minutes whose output doesn’t look great.  However, the only central midfielder who has played more than 10% of the minutes with a higher xG Impact per 90 is Goss…so if anything – the numbers support the decision to play Jason Holt up until the point that Sean Goss joined the team & subsequently replaced Holt in the lineup."  Goss certainly looks like a better playmaker than Holt.  The only question is if Docherty is better than Holt and given his performances at Hamilton he probably is.

Candeias and Windass are two of the best attacking players in the league why on Earth would Holt replace either of them?  

Just being too pessimistic having watched us piss away any sense of momentum for no apparent reason, particularly at Ibrox. Even last week, we can't seem to be fluent without going for long spells giving up concentration and control. Expecting too much, I know.

Hoping Windass doesn't go missing today...

Archived