***Official Rangers v Tarriers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

No escaping the fact that today was a huge setback. The faint hopes of the title have gone, everything now rests on the Semi Final, confidence shattered. Will not be betting my pension on a Rangers win. 

Bates is out for this , its going to be another horror show.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

One of many reasons the guy shouldn't be the manager.............

Not just today mate, we all see it with him. They'd controlled the second half up to that point so it was a great chance to change tactics and chase a win at home against your main rivals that you haven't beaten in the league in years. Shitebag tactics not befitting of our manager. 

48 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Completely disheartening today, we've been so poor and never really looked like we believed we could win this. Since they went down to 10 men it looks like they have more players than us when they defend, yet somehow more players than us when they attack.

And once again, how the fuck does Morelos miss that? Should have taken the chinese money, we wont get an offer like that again.

We didn't get it then, mate.  Papers full of shite

46 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I fucking said it time and time again regarding morelos

but you lot are too happy to wank over absolutely everything he does

he misses a hell of a lot of chances and should not have started today

it should have been cummings full stop - he was in form - morelos was not

I said the same thing mate but we were out voted by Morelos supporters.:tu:

He simply misses too many easy chances imho, especially in big games.

Cummings would have buried that chance any day of the week.

31 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Genuinely don't see how the gulf has closed. Ffs they beat us with 10 men for well over half an hour.  Morelos miss aside what did we really create? Absolutely fuck all

Well their no coming to our place and dishing out a 5-1 hiding. This team need to learn how to close out a game when ahead, failed to that twice today.

1 minute ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

With the best intent mate - he's still a cunt - gave the 2nd goal away and created havoc with our defence.

I'll need to see it again but I thought Cardoso was at fault. I thought Bruno was okay today. Don't think he done that much wrong.

18 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Hard one to take, we've let them away with one there. Our lack of tactics in the second half were shocking, were second best at the point they had the sending off so that should have merited a switch of sorts, to make them think. They went narrow up top and stretched the game to camp in, their tactical change made the difference when our manager is waiting for something to happen. He's a smarmy wee wanker but his change won them the game, the difference between someone knowing what they're doing and someone learning. 

Too many went missing when we needed them to step up like we as fans were. Hard lesson for Goss that you don't swan about in an OF game until you're out of sight, he was anonymous today and guilty for their winner. Hard graft required to win your own individual battle and hardly any of ours won their own battle. I am gutted but they know we're much closer and have had a shocking season bar the last 2months. I'm not impressed with their "strengthening", we just can't afford to keep fucking things up each summer. 

Very good post

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Facts are they had 3 chances and took them. We had 4 and only took 2. 

Aprr from that it was even Stevens. 

You said we dominated the play but we didn't not even close.

Yes they took them and we didn't because they have bottle and we don't, they were also playing away with 10 men so no it wasn't even Stevens we had a huge advantage and still couldn't win. Try to be positive all you want but we were pish today and got a pish result. Fact 

4 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'll need to see it again but I thought Cardoso was at fault. I thought Bruno was okay today. Don't think he done that much wrong.

Bruno gave them every initiative to go forward

He is not strong enough on the ground and makes no clean tackles

Cardoso is absolute rank but Alves wasn't far behind

Missed chances cost us the win . The reason we lost was these 2 in our defence . For me

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Why?? We played them off the park for the majority of the game. 

They just have better quality to finish, and our defence is woeful at times. But on any given day it will roll our way. 

I really don’t think we played them off the park at all I just didn’t see that.

They have much better finishers than we do when it counts and that makes a huge difference in winning or loosing.They are bang average yet still with ten men came out on top again.

I was supremely confident for the first time in years before the game but after watching that I’m back to we will finish second and that totally underwhelms me.

16 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Hindsight is an easy thing but I'd have subbed Holt for Goss and Cummings for Windass when the red card happened, just to freshen things up completely and make them think about things. We didn't do shit. 

Another one spot on

42 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

For all the talk of us spending millions on Goss he was fucking rank rotten the day, if QPR were watching they'll let us keep him 

Bruno Alves isn't good enough for us, it's that simple. Don't give a fuck about his 94 caps or whatever the fuck it is, the highlight of his Rangers career is winning lots of headers against St Johnstone one time. Ffs.

That ended the Murty debate for me today, we need a proper manager in. Throwing away two leads then losing to ten men at Ibrox is not good enough and never will be.

I'm against replacing managers willly nilly, but I agree, it's time to look at Stevie Clarke.

We lost tactically today, hard to swallow that.

1 minute ago, jim beam said:

I really don’t think we played them off the park at all I just didn’t see that.

They have much better finishers than we do when it counts and that makes a huge difference in winning or loosing.They are bang average yet still with ten men came out on top again.

I was supremely confident for the first time in years before the game but after watching that I’m back to we will finish second and that totally underwhelms me.

Know doubts . It is a painful one

We should have won today .We had the chances to take it out of their hands

I think we will be in with a shout semi final and that is the most important one . This season realistically

Alves is to slow for the Scottish game, we were short passing around their box instead of getting it in to the danger area and too many looking to pass instead of taking the shot on. We need better quality all over the park but the defense stands out as needing quality.

32 minutes ago, PolarBear1972 said:

Bullshit. What a over-reaction 

Cummings shouldn't not have came straight on then ? A must win game. They go to ten men and we don't bring on another striker ? No bother

Archived