Who should start on Sunday?

Who should start on Sunday, Morelos or Cummings?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start on Sunday?

I personally want a midfield three so we are not outnumbered in midfield. The only problem is that would mean leaving out Windass. He doesn't deserve to miss out but i'd like a bit more running and bite in midfield.

Our 4-2-3-1 and personnel used is relatively settled. I think that makes us probably a bit easier for Rodgers to set up a team to exploit any weaknesses he may have identified. In their 4-3-3 they will have Brown sitting and picking up Windass. I think having Windass and Cummings coming off the bench is a great position to be in.

Bates and Martin deserve to keep their places. They have a decent partnership together and Alves does not deserve to start, besides he does not look sharp.

I think if we match them 4-3-3 we can run over them. Our players have come on leaps and bounds to be able to combat them and win individual battles.

Finally i'm not sure if John is fit?

Anyway something along the lines of:

Wes

Tav             Bates                         Martin                 Halliday

Goss

Docherty                        Holt

Candeias                     Morelos                          Murphy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I personally want a midfield three so we are not outnumbered in midfield. The only problem is that would mean leaving out Windass. He doesn't deserve to miss out but i'd like a bit more running and bite in midfield.

Our 4-2-3-1 and personnel used is relatively settled. I think that makes us probably a bit easier for Rodgers to set up a team to exploit any weaknesses he may have identified. In their 4-3-3 they will have Brown sitting and picking up Windass. I think having Windass and Cummings coming off the bench is a great position to be in.

Bates and Martin deserve to keep their places. They have a decent partnership together and Alves does not deserve to start, besides he does not look sharp.

I think if we match them 4-3-3 we can run over them. Our players have come on leaps and bounds to be able to combat them and win individual battles.

Wes

Goss

Would be very surprised of they played 4-3-3 tbh, he seems to have switched to 3-4-3/3-5-2

Morelos  is missing far too many sitters for me , ones that I'd put my money on Cummings converting . 

However , the presence he gives us up top , the way he can hold the ball , the way he will ruffle up the c....c defence are things that we can't do without in what will be a physical game and I just don't see JC matching any of those abilities . So it's Morelos for me up front with our usual midfield in support . 

If Murphy doesn't make it , there may be a place on the left for Cummings , but out with that , a place on the bench . 

9 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

The team picks itself imo

Wes

Tav Purple baws Martin John

Pirlo Docherty

Candieas Windass Murphy

Morelos

Definitely go with this, although depending on how the match is going, if its nil nil and were on top, I would throw Cummings on about 50 mins and go for it.

We need a win anything else and the league's gone.

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Wes

Goss

I like that actually

13 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Wes

Goss

Halliday's shite and naeneck will rip him a new arse.

We better hope John's fit or we're bang in trouble.

I went with Morelos, but here's a wee thought.  Cummings is a big game player, if he starts he'll definitely turn up and wind them up for an hour, give him one or two chances and he'll score too.  A rattled Taig defence suddenly facing Morelos coming on for the last half hour after being run around by Cummings would be class - last thing they want to see.

On the other hand, Morelos isn't exactly known for burying every chance - we might well get enough chances for him to bag a couple, but might not.  Then bringing Cummings on at 60 mins won't have the same effect - he's definitely not a super sub and doesn't play as well off the bench, so you might actually lose the effectiveness of both by starting Morelos and subbing him for Cummings.

Just one for big Murty to think about - one thing you can be sure of is if Cummings starts this game he'll give it every last thing he has.  Absolutely certain Morelos would do the same, he always does, and no doubting he's our No. 1 striker, but for this game I'd be torn - there's definitely a logical case to be made for starting with Jason.

I would play both and drop Windass he seems to go missing against tough opponents.

Although saying that Morelos needs to find is shooting boots again. Some of the chances he has missed recently is nothing short of criminal. He won't get time to think to long on Sunday.

31 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

I would play both and drop Windass he seems to go missing against tough opponents.

Although saying that Morelos needs to find is shooting boots again. Some of the chances he has missed recently is nothing short of criminal. He won't get time to think to long on Sunday.

Scored a winner against Aberdeen at Pittodrie when down to 10, scored our equaliser against Hibs at Easter Road, scored at Murrayfield and was one of better players against the Tarriers at Ibrox, which isn't really saying anything. The going missing against tough opponents is a myth.

4 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Martin gives me the fear at set pieces. He's been murder at them tbh. 

Same regarding martin, but alves is even more suspect with the ball on the ground and players running at him so just hoping he plays an absolute blinder on sunday.

I would be tempted to go with Cummings! Can’t fault Morelos but feel that Cummings is more of a big game player & probably more clinical in a game that might only produce a couple of clear cut chances for us! Seen it in the game at the giro, our two biggest chances fell to Morelos and he missed them both, one of which was a sitter!