Bates is off

jjbscotty12

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

For no geein Bates a rumoured 10k pw :lol:

Yer a parody 

He may well regret his decision if he's playing for a dundee hivs or motherwell this time next year. Having said that I wish him the best of British....would have preferred him to stay but hey ho.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely a first team Rangers player demands at least 7.5k pw 

Are we saying we can`t afford to pay a player that is in our first team the same range of salary  that bottom tier english league player easily make.

Where the fk does all our fkn money go to ?????????

52 minutes ago, Robert68 said:

Are we saying we can`t afford to pay a player that is in our first team the same range of salary  that bottom tier english league player easily make.

Where the fk does all our fkn money go to ?????????

Maybe we can but if you are the management and you have mcrorie on one wage, who they rate really high as a prospect and then they have bates, who they like but not as high, it would be pretty fucking stupid to give bates more money.

I know this management made a walloper with pedro, but maybe they've learnt their lesson. Written off the title this year, as long as we make Europe, try get rid of the guys who will not take us to 55, have a proper look at future transfers, like Murphy and Cummings, or Martin and stop overpaying on player wages especially when they 've done fuck all to earn one.

If the board had extended his contract last summer at a value it seems he's looking at they would have been rightly slated.  Since then he's got a good few appearances in and done what ranges between ok to phenomenal.

From the January window it seems our DoF and temporary manager offered him a new contract which he declined. Those whose job it is to evaluate value for money offered just that in the context of our pay structure but he shopped around and found more. If there is a new manager sorted he's not stepped in to say pay what's needed to keep the lad.

I'll happily slate the board where need be. Not here, it's just the way football is and it's no great loss for us and a good deal for the boy.  Time to move on.

We have too many players as it is picking up a wage well beyond them.

It can be looked at as the club isn't being stupid like they were before when they gave daft contracts to the likes of Halliday, Holt, Keirnan, Forrester, etc, rewarded for minimum expectations. Most fans were happy when they signed new deals.

I didn't mind him, he was an older style defender, I liked his no frills defending style tbh, it's quite rare these days, but you'd think he was something special the way people go on about it.

It's up to the club in the summer to make the right signings and he'll be quickly forgot about. They've let go Wilson & Bates which at least shows they know CBs are needed and we've made space for them. Time to judge will be at the end of the summer when we see who lines up at CB.

He was our only CB with any turn of pace.I think this is why so many are disappointed that he's going,Not a world beater by any description but he's been our best CB this season (which is not a shinning reference for Bates, more of a showing up of our other CB's)

Whoever we've got lined up need to be pacey, not old past their best players and if this is what we do then he won't be missed.

16 hours ago, broxi51 said:

Maybe we can but if you are the management and you have mcrorie on one wage, who they rate really high as a prospect and then they have bates, who they like but not as high, it would be pretty fucking stupid to give bates more money.

I know this management made a walloper with pedro, but maybe they've learnt their lesson. Written off the title this year, as long as we make Europe, try get rid of the guys who will not take us to 55, have a proper look at future transfers, like Murphy and Cummings, or Martin and stop overpaying on player wages especially when they 've done fuck all to earn one.

Broxi mate I get your point if it was say £15k but its 7500 sterling ffs

Changed days thats all I`ll say...christ we were giving Sandaza 10k  in bottom tier and hes was brutal 

On 14/04/2018 at 02:41, Jack The Flipper said:

Lol ok

The capitalised letters were to make things very clear to you as it seems it’s the only thing that has penetrated your thick skull.

A little clue was the capitalised words being in between lower case paragraphs. If I was angry they all would have been capitalised.

It really doesn’t surprise me that you make things up in your own head, defending this board is a big warning sign.

Keep up with the insults and you will be out of here. 

I have not defended this board as I would like to see most of them far from Ibrox.    You clearly know nothing about me.  

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

Keep up with the insults and you will be out of here. 

I have not defended this board as I would like to see most of them far from Ibrox.    You clearly know nothing about me.  

You must be very thin skinned or just like throwing your weight around because you’re a Mod.

I disagreed with what you said, deal with it, and deal with it without the threats.

On 15/04/2018 at 19:24, Jack The Flipper said:

You must be very thin skinned or just like throwing your weight around because you’re a Mod.

I disagreed with what you said, deal with it, and deal with it without the threats.

It isn't a threat it's a promise.  Stop with the personal insults.  There is a pinned thread about personal insults so just adhere to the rules.  Disagree with me all day long but keep it civil.

• 1 year later...

Archived