Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

9 hours ago, TMB said:

You're failing to acknowledge that some individuals represent more of a gamble than others.  Appointing someone who has one year of managing a under 18 team represents a huge gamble.  

And others are failing to acknowledge that some major gambles pay off handsomely. I've been in the position of having to stick your neck out and appoint someone just on the basis of a hunch that they are the right man. You get major criticism and then when it comes off no great credit either. It's a no win situation but sometimes you have to back your hunches.

I don't know whether SG will hack it as a manager or not. But I do believe that the mere fact he is willing to take us on at a time when we are at rock bottom and Liverpool FC are on the brink of enormous success says a lot about his ambition, drive and confidence in his own abilities.

Frankly, I  can think of no established manager that would come here and who would satisfy the supporters. Best, therefore, to go for someone who (a) wants the job (b) has fresh ideas and no pre conceived ideas or prejudices and (c) can attract backroom staff and players of the calibre we need.

Im not ecstatic about this appointment and I admit to some vague misgivings but, despite my inherent dislike of scousers,  I admit too I'm excited. I refuse to carry on being bitter and twisted about our current fate and I'm taking the optimistic route.

Im backing him 100% but HE WILL NEED TIME AND PATIENCE. There will be set backs, poor results, more defeats to celtic, etc, and we must avoid turning against him before he's had a chance to turn this club around and put his ideas into practice. It might take 3 years but I think this is an appointment well worth backing and getting excited in.

PS He is finished as a player as his stint in the MLS proved. 

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Even if Gerrard does well for us, I’m willing to bet that we are the biggest club he will ever manager. Feel free to at me in a decade if he goes on to manage Liverpool to a European Cup if you want.

Any sort of of success here he'll succeed Klopp imo. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m more worried about these cunts we have impersonating footballers giving it their all in these last 3 games and Gerrard decides to give them another chance. 

This appointment should spell the end for at least 10 of them. 

Windass’ days of shying away from tackles and walking about the park should be over 

Hopefully his appointment has been going on in the background for a while and he has seen how we play against the taigs and he knows there has got to be a clear out whether they play and up there game last three games or not.

Maybe just maybe he has been watching and knows what is realistically needed, yes I mention the taigs because to win this league at the moment we need to be a hundred percent above they cunts.

Just now, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Hopefully his appointment has been going on in the background for a while and he has seen how we play against the taigs and he knows there has got to be a clear out whether they play and up there game last three games or not.

Maybe just maybe he has been watching and knows what is realistically needed, yes I mention the taigs because to win this league at the moment we need to be a hundred percent above they cunts.

I hope he’s been watching their attempts at playing football over the last month or so. From the 18 squad I’d keep 4- 5 at an absolute push. 

14 minutes ago, laudrupno1 said:

Was a big no from me because of the gamble but ofcourse like most ppl saying no he'll get my full backing as our manager like we always do and hopefully he's the man to retore us back at the top of our game  and in our rightful position...welcome to the world's most successful club Mr Gerrard.

I voted no in the poll in the managers section but I have been caught up in the euphoria. 

This is the best news we have had in years and we deserve to get lost in the moment. 

I really hope this works out and Gerrard has always been a Model Professional and he will demand the same of his players. 

Welcome to Rangers Stevie G, Bring us 55 and become a legend. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I hope he’s been watching their attempts at playing football over the last month or so. From the 18 squad I’d keep 4- 5 at an absolute push. 

Yeah true, just the last two games against them have been horrific to watch, we are also struggling against the others as well and as you say a big clear out is needed, would he give some of the youth a chance as well as mixing in some good new signings, I hope so.

Think his first game was as a young lad was it not, and I know a lot of people maybe panic at the thought of the youths coming through, and the reason being we want to win the league, in fact wanting to win the league isn't an option, needing to win the league I would say now.

Any times been mentioned for him arriving at Ibrox? I know the press conference was rumoured to be scheduled for 12.30 but has there been any other times mentioned? I might head up and welcome him.

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m more worried about these cunts we have impersonating footballers giving it their all in these last 3 games and Gerrard decides to give them another chance. 

This appointment should spell the end for at least 10 of them. 

Windass’ days of shying away from tackles and walking about the park should be over 

I can say with absolute certainty that Steven Gerrard will see right through Josh Windass. Lads like him will be the first to go.

I predict the following definitely have no future here now:-

Windass

Holt

Dorrans

Martin

Cardoso

Halliday

O'Halloran

do we think there will be a 'Gazza style' crowd at Ibrox today for his unveiling? I was there 23 years ago with Gazza and it just showed the passion we have for our club.  Might skip away early for the dentist today :) 

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Any times been mentioned for him arriving at Ibrox? I know the press conference was rumoured to be scheduled for 12.30 but has there been any other times mentioned? I might head up and welcome him.

Jimmy Nichols pre match presser is at 12.30. Any Gerrard announcement/unveiling will this later this afternoon if not this evening.

Just now, OneDavidCooper said:

I can say with absolute certainty that Steven Gerrard will see right through Josh Windass. Lads like him will be the first to go.

I predict the following definitely have no future here now:-

Windass

Holt

Dorrans

Martin

Cardoso

Halliday

O'Halloran

Add Alves, Miller, Dodoo, Forrester, Foderingham or Alnwick, Goss, Herrera, Dalcio and Hodson

Just now, markem said:

Sky just said he will arrive in Glasgow today to complete the formalities. 

Hardly new news but that their update. 

Still time for the board to fuck it up

Just now, mabawsa said:

do we think there will be a 'Gazza style' crowd at Ibrox today for his unveiling? I was there 23 years ago with Gazza and it just showed the passion we have for our club.  Might skip away early for the dentist today :) 

There’s around a 1000 fans there already..

I’m sure that number will swell when the Rangers fans start turning up..

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fuck that wee attention seeking prick.

7 years ago, wasn't even that good, obviously doesn't get much exposure and uses our fan base to get social media likes.

Apart from getting pished when we won the title I struggle to remember what he did here.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Jimmy Nichols pre match presser is at 12.30. Any Gerrard announcement/unveiling will this later this afternoon if not this evening.

Excellent mate, would be ideal if my boy was finished school and we can both head up.

Big ask but can you keep me in the loop, i know other will be pestering you, even tell Rfc52 and he can pass the message on.

Archived