Steven Gerrard MBE - New Manager

Wullie72

7 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Honestly think you're in a home somewhere and lunatics keep getting access to your phone.

Wish to fuck I was, but sadly at work.

I'm the only loony with access, I hope!

If you see any decents posts from me, let me know pronto!

:lol:

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Gaffbear said:

Hoping for something similar to the souness revolution . I was 16 then and it was an amazing feeling .

Looking forward to see who we bring in and punt....quietly confident and excited if I'm honest .

Souness totally revitalized the club after the Greig-Wallace failures. Seems such a similar scenario compared to now, club at low ebb, low expectations. In fact, I remember we finished mid-table under Greig and looked to be going nowhere while the "New Firm" and celtic ruled the roost.

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s parade who’s planning on going along but didn’t we rip the utter piss out of the unwashed for going in their droves to see Brenda appointed?

Honestly not sure about him .... but will give him a chance (like I have the rest) and hope he succeeds in turning us around .... my mantra remains the same though ..... continuity on the pitch, culminating in the desired results against ALL teams, is the only way to achieve success.

The board giving him the means to do so is also the key ... they must come right this time round with the proper investment .... or the project is quite simply fucked.

Welcome to The Rangers Steven.

:UK:                           

3 minutes ago, Shuggy said:

Souness totally revitalized the club after the Greig-Wallace failures. Seems such a similar scenario compared to now, club at low ebb, low expectations. In fact, I remember we finished mid-table under Greig and looked to be going nowhere while the "New Firm" and celtic ruled the roost.

There is no similarities what so ever, Stevie G is so far from where we sit has been promised something, we don't know how much but it won't be anything like the amounts that allowed Souness to take the players he did to us back then.

He's got my support any way but given how we've gone from some mid table desert league manager to a 3rd place u18's manager hardly fills me with hope, regardless how fucking amazing he was as a player.

Not the right appointment for me but will get behind him 100%. 

Massive gamble which if fails hands the minks 10-I-a-r.  Last throw of the dice from King 

He’ll be absolutely determined I’m sure of that but his lack experience at management level may curtail him.

3 minutes ago, I-AM-ONE said:

There is no similarities what so ever, Stevie G is so far from where we sit has been promised something, we don't know how much but it won't be anything like the amounts that allowed Souness to take the players he did to us back then.

He's got my support any way but given how we've gone from some mid table desert league manager to a 3rd place u18's manager hardly fills me with hope, regardless how fucking amazing he was as a player.

Plenty of similairities. Souness was also a gamble and an unknown. As for money, let's wait and see.

14 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

It's a strange one. I think it could be a complete train wreck but there is something exciting surrounding this appointment.

It's hard not to get carried away with it all . I just worry the excitement of getting a change is blinding us to the dangers of another novice manager , but once it's signed , sealed and delivered we just have to support him best we can , to give him / ourselves every chance for it to work . 

Archived