The Worst Rangers Teams In History 2016-2018.

Ozblue

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

14-7 in my lifetime, and even then I can remember only 5 of ours

I can only really remember Walter's three title wins in his second spell, gutted for any poor cunt younger than me that can't remember any of our title wins

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

I can only really remember Walter's three title wins in his second spell, gutted for any poor cunt younger than me that can't remember any of our title wins

It can’t be 14-7.

Im 26 and I’m 13-10 so how did he end up 14-7 to us :lol: 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

When were you born? It’s 13-10 during mine and im 26.

Surely you aren’t older than me? :lol: 

Done it the wrong way around :lol: Edited now

2 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I can remember certain games from 02/03 and 04/05 but not really the whole seasons

2 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

This is the longest period in my lifetime that I’ve not seen us win a major trophy so I would say the vast majority of the teams since admin have been horrific.

1978 to 87 was bad in League Championship terms

This present shower of shite knock it out the park no probs

I've watched Rangers since 1969 and remember the late 70s early 80s well, the team got booed onto the park a couple of times except for D Cooper, I used to sit in the Copland when it opened and me and my brother in law had a full row to ourself most games, we just went every game and put up with whatever shite was on offer, in 1986 when Souness came I bought my first season ticket and have had it since.

The tims have actually won 9 league titles out of 14 since the Martin O’Neil’s era began, meaning when we’ve both been in the league. Quite a swing considering how dominant we were before that. Can only see it getting worse as well. 

Season 1978/79 ..Scottish Cup winners , League Cup winners, beat that mob once in the league and drew one 

Season 1979/80 ..Scottish Cup runners up, drew twice in league with the manks

Season 1980/81...Scottish Cup winners,  beat them home and away in the league

Season 1981/82...Scottish cup runners up , League Cup winners, beat them once and drew once in the league

Season 1982/83...Scottish Cup runners up, League Cup runners up, drew against them once in the league

Season 1983/84...League Cup winners, league cup win was against them.

Season 1984/85..League Cup winners, 3 draws against that mob in the league

Season 1985/86...1 win and 2draws against them in the league

we might have not been that good in those years but we were certainly competitive, can't say the same about these recent years.

10 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

In my lifetime the record v them is:

15 Leagues (for us) v 14 Leagues

9 Scottish Cups v 9 Scottish Cups

11 League Cups v 8 League Cups

A European final apiece.

Pretty even.

But we are still the most successful club in the world, even without the BTC and Tarriers bloggers saying otherwise.

On 5/24/2018 at 02:41, Bluepeter9 said:

Really interesting and informative - some shockers in there with 4th behind Scimdee United one of the standouts. If our fortunes are an Ebb and flow time for the tide to come in. Again. I hope! 

There is indeed,BP9. That particular season was weird as we bought Dave MacKinnon - £30,000 from Partick Thistle, Craig Paterson - £200,000 from Hibernian, Robert Prytz from Malmö FF and Sandy Clark from West Ham United, to join the likes of Davie Cooper, Derek Johnstone, Kenny Black, Jim Bett, Bobby Russell; knocked Borussia Dortmund out of Europe, then got hammered by Cologne in the 2nd round; got to both the League and Scottish cup finals.

I think that period was summed up by our home attendances, where outwith the scum games, our highest crowd was 27,000 against Aberdeen and our lowest was 9,321 against St. Mirren.

*Edit: Our lowest home attendance that season was in fact 8,500 against Dundee on 5th February 1983 in a 1-1 draw.