David Mellor

Virtuoso

24 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I'm assuming you don't feel this way if the Rangers fans have English connections (as many do).

Also, worth considering, but in 2018 its hardly surprising that many Scottish Rangers fans feel less hostile towards the England football team than in decades gone by.  This is obviously due to the formidable enemies we now have within our own country, where the SNP, the mhedia and the wooly liberals are constantly trying to project a negative image onto us.

Rangers as a club (and we as Bears) are viewed and treated much more fairly by the English media and footballing community than by the Scottish.

Scotland used to belong to us. Now we hardly feel like we belong at all.

Obviously not, that's a legitimate reason for supporting them.

I'm referring more to the element of our support that support England just because they think it's the "staunch" thing to do. Because no doubt someone will deny it but that element of our support does actually exist.

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I see this a lot and it's entirely different for the one simply reason that at least England is a home nation. Ireland isn't. These cunts couldn't find Ireland in a map whereas England are our neighbours and fellow Brits. There's a world of difference.

That line above is something you hear cunts from Thistle and Aberdeen rambling off.

If they supported Wales as well then I'd believe that but most don't.

16 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

If they supported Wales as well then I'd believe that but most don't.

I do! My grandpa was Welsh and my gran was from northern Ireland so I usually like them to do well. Unfortunately they aren't in it and England are but I wont be supporting England. I have no English blood and I seriously doubt many English people would support Scotland if we were in the world cup and they weren't! I can understand someone supporting a home nation though.

As someone said the ROI aren't anything to do with Britain and it seriously pisses me off on SSN when they always include them when talking about the home nations.  They don't show as much coverage for all the other European clubs and treat the ROI as though they belong with us. It's a bit different with the the plastics, most of whom have never set foot in Ireland, support ROI over a home nation. I laughed when I saw a picture of the open top bus the scum had. Considering a majority of YES votes came from them there was not one saltire in the picture, it was all tricolours! Their fans are a joke.

I've just watched the first game because I like football but I have no "favourite" team. I think Germany will be the overall winners. You heard it here first! :p:

I was down at Ninian Park watching Coop slot slot away the penalty to get us to the play off with Australia. At that time I used to bump into the same faces that I knew from the east enclosure at the Scotland games. I now found myself watching a Scottish team where the majority of the fans hate our players. Scotland's not my tram anymore

26 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Obviously not, that's a legitimate reason for supporting them.

I'm referring more to the element of our support that support England just because they think it's the "staunch" thing to do. Because no doubt someone will deny it but that element of our support does actually exist.

You would look at my avatar though and assume me to be part of ‘the element’ without known a fucking thing about me.  

How do you separate those with legitimate reasons for supporting England to those who just do it cause it’s “staunch” ?

People can and should be able to support whatever football team they like mate for whatever reason they like. 

17 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I do! My grandpa was Welsh and my gran was from northern Ireland so I usually like them to do well. Unfortunately they aren't in it and England are but I wont be supporting England. I have no English blood and I seriously doubt many English people would support Scotland if we were in the world cup and they weren't! I can understand someone supporting a home nation though.

As someone said the ROI aren't anything to do with Britain and it seriously pisses me off on SSN when they always include them when talking about the home nations.  They don't show as much coverage for all the other European clubs and treat the ROI as though they belong with us. It's a bit different with the the plastics, most of whom have never set foot in Ireland, support ROI over a home nation. I laughed when I saw a picture of the open top bus the scum had. Considering a majority of YES votes came from them there was not one saltire in the picture, it was all tricolours! Their fans are a joke.

I've just watched the first game because I like football but I have no "favourite" team. I think Germany will be the overall winners. You heard it here first! :p:

Why?

If England weren't in then a lot of English people would have supported either Scotland, N. Ireland and/or Wales if they were involved. Maybe less so now with the current climate created by the SNP but your assumption is not my experience as an Englishman.

The ABE sentiment is much greater in Scotland than the ABS is in England. SSN show a lot of ROI games as the players are, often English based (even English born) and SSN is seen in parts of the ROI.

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I find Rangers fans supporting England equally as cringey and pathetic as I find taigs that support the Republic of Ireland.

I don't like international football apart from the big tournaments. I'll watch as much of the World Cup as possible but won't be supporting anyone.

I support the country of my birth fuck you.

283b768b2f0dfbf774867039d04bf758.gif

2 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I find Rangers fans supporting England equally as cringey and pathetic as I find taigs that support the Republic of Ireland.

I don't like international football apart from the big tournaments. I'll watch as much of the World Cup as possible but won't be supporting anyone.

Most of them will be half English like myself, I'll happily support England over Scotland until the day I die, including when they play

Some of them will have grown up with Rangers kicked to the dirt so the national team will always be remembered as nothing but that for me, I wasn't around when it was something to support

It's basically align with those who almost killed the club, cheer on taigs, boo Rangers players and wallow in hatred of Britain with terrorists and nationalists or support the other home nations who bring far more to Rangers than the rest of Scotland ever will.

It seems to be an age thing for some too, older bears grew up watching greats play for Scotland and some celtic players had class, it's a different world now

Anyone who doesn't have fond memories of Scotland sees it for the sham it really is in terms of football

Wouldn't be caught dead at Hampden or cheering they corrupt horrible bastards on at home

34 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

You would look at my avatar though and assume me to be part of ‘the element’ without known a fucking thing about me.  

How do you separate those with legitimate reasons for supporting England to those who just do it cause it’s “staunch” ?

People can and should be able to support whatever football team they like mate for whatever reason they like. 

I don't assume anything. Generally people will declare their reasons for supporting them, like the people who've quoted me after you just have...

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Doesn't really fit in with anything I've said afterwards to justify that post but aye, fuck you too :lol:

I wasn't responding to any of those posts, i was responding to your original assertion that "Rangers fans supporting England equally as cringey and pathetic as taigs that support the Republic of Ireland." and no, they don't justify your comments.

I find it abhorrent that anyone would think that supporting a fellow British team equates to supporting the bog dwellers.

48 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I follow Northern Ireland when they play as it's where my gran was born. It's a keen interest in their results more than anything else, nothing passionate.

I don't like England, never have and never will. If people want to support them then that's their choice but if it's anything other than a genuine tie to them then I find that strange. It seems like some people just support them now because of their dislike of the Scottish team now. I think that's a bit petty.

France or Spain are the winners :lol:

5 minutes ago, wewillfollowrangers said:

I wasn't responding to any of those posts, i was responding to your original assertion that "Rangers fans supporting England equally as cringey and pathetic as taigs that support the Republic of Ireland." and no, they don't justify your comments.

I find it abhorrent that anyone would think that supporting a fellow British team equates to supporting the bog dwellers.

Aye I justified my opinion with the posts after that. If you don't think so then tbh I don't really care. It's my opinion and I stand by it.

Supporting them, unless there's a legitimate reason i.e. being part English, then I find it cringeworthy and no better than that mob supporting ROI.

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I follow Northern Ireland when they play as it's where my gran was born. It's a keen interest in their results more than anything else, nothing passionate.

I don't like England, never have and never will. If people want to support them then that's their choice but if it's anything other than a genuine tie to them then I find that strange. It seems like some people just support them now because of their dislike of the Scottish team now. I think that's a bit petty.

France or Spain are the winners :lol:

Do you not think attempting to kill a club because they've won more titles than you is petty?

Nothing wrong with refusing to cheer on taigs

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah but we don't so it's a moot-point ... it doesn't even have to be a good national team, I wouldn't care if they were shit - just one that was Rangers and unionist-friendly. It's not a lot to ask in all honesty. I don't expect the national team to be all Rangers players, ex Rangers managers, no fenians, playing GSTQ as the national anthem and Union jacks everywhere .. I'm not an entitled bastard but I just don't want almost the complete opposite of that either and run by a Rangers-hating organisation that tried to put us out the game.

The point I was making was, it's not "international" football that's the problem. It's the fact that we don't have a National team we can remotely get behind, for obvious reasons. Without even talking about the SFA the fans alone are enough to put you off. All the anti English nonsense, which you could accept if they could take it back but Scottish nationalists are the most hysterical bunch of snowflakes going, when it comes to a taste of their own medicine.