Jump to content
BridgeIsBlue

**Official Rangers v Bury Match Thread**

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, RDFM said:

I’ll give you 3 minutes to delete this or you’ll be facing some very serious consequences.

Shut the fuck up

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im really excited about the new season,some early signs of the much lauded tiki taki style from across europe.early days but the signs are good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

They did indeed and a lot of us stayed and clapped their players off the pitch, maybe the fact that SG was shaking all their hands and fans wanted to applaud him as well helped :happy: but I thought is was a nice touch.

Class mate 👍🏻👌🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No. Gerrard has given the shite players the opportunity to show they are shite and let it sink in they are shite, so when they are benched or oot the fucking door, they will know the reason why. 

could be putting them on display to teams like Bury, about the right level for Hodson and Halliday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No. Gerrard has given the shite players the opportunity to show they are shite and let it sink in they are shite, so when they are benched or oot the fucking door, they will know the reason why. 

I am hoping he is getting rid of a few and also a few better than we have in BA. :thumbup: 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Class mate 👍🏻👌🏻

It was good, especially when there fans were starting songs and we were joining it as well. :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

World Cup pfftttt staunch points lost 

Sorry, spank me please I am bad ... sorry wrong forum that one 😚

Caught up now, with goals,, but by Christ, I am pleased we have moved on from 4-3-3

Honestly our opponents could name our starting line up and tactics every time last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It was good, especially when there fans were starting songs and we were joining it as well. :thumbsup:

Long may it continue, should be even better Thursday being our first competitive game 👍🏻

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cedrick said:

Long may it continue, should be even better Thursday being our first competitive game 👍🏻

Indeed, tonight was good but it starts for real next Thursday. :thumbup: 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Great to be back tonite. One thing about friendlies is it sure attracts some cretins. Hopefully the ones round about me tonite are not new st holders and i get the same folk as last 2 seasons good crowd. 

Oh and plenty of titties tonight in the warm evening air

Nearly gave you a like there then read the last sentence :justno:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoroughly enjoyable night , only negative was the new pitch, it doesn’t look to have knitted together well , everytime players went to ground or slide tackled there were huge bits of turf coming up , maybe over watered due to the current heat, I don’t know not a groundsman lol 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the defence was good,but ill wait judge our defense after we go up against the likes of sammon,boyd,main.stop these players an were in for a shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m normally pretty positive about us, and coming off a 6-0 win it’s hard to complain too much. 

GK, back 4 and McCrorie and Arfield looked great. Clear SG priorised and addressed this area, and rightfully so. 

Murphy, Windass, Candeias, Morelos were poor to pretty average, and this season will ultimately be the same story as last year if we don’t get better quality in. We need a winger, a no 10 and at least 1 striker as a matter of urgency this window. 

I felt he played Candieas and Windass in the wrong position. Last season Candieas couldn't play inside the diamond, he's a winger and Windass plays better up front. I don't think playing them in these positions let us see the best of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m normally pretty positive about us, and coming off a 6-0 win it’s hard to complain too much. 

GK, back 4 and McCrorie and Arfield looked great. Clear SG priorised and addressed this area, and rightfully so. 

Murphy, Windass, Candeias, Morelos were poor to pretty average, and this season will ultimately be the same story as last year if we don’t get better quality in. We need a winger, a no 10 and at least 1 striker as a matter of urgency this window. 

Windass was his usual shitebag self pulling out of tackles.

I thought Flanagan had nice touches but was positionally terrible and was careless in possession.

Was pleased for Middleton and Rudden.

Katic and Goldson physically and positionally were good but they were troubled in the air.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m normally pretty positive about us, and coming off a 6-0 win it’s hard to complain too much. 

GK, back 4 and McCrorie and Arfield looked great. Clear SG priorised and addressed this area, and rightfully so. 

Murphy, Windass, Candeias, Morelos were poor to pretty average, and this season will ultimately be the same story as last year if we don’t get better quality in. We need a winger, a no 10 and at least 1 striker as a matter of urgency this window. 

Agree with the forward options still lacking any real quality finishing ability and creativity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, why were our players taking warming up shots into the Bury keeper before the game?

(I don't think it was a youth player, I think it was the Bury keeper Matthew Hudson unless I'm mistaken?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Supersonic said:

Also, why were our players taking warming up shots into the Bury keeper before the game?

(I don't think it was a youth player, I think it was the Bury keeper Matthew Hudson unless I'm mistaken?)

He was on trial.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vision said:

Looks like the defender we've been craving.

I thought that about Cardoso last year, he strolled through pre-season and was looked a class above. Then the proper games started and he turned out to be even worse than Kiernan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team played well, was only Bury mind you.  Still some are still passengers in that team and we’ve nearly sorted the defence out so time to fix the attack and midfield now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Goosetav said:

Shut the fuck up

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What an amazing night.  More of that next week thank you!  Defense is looking good imo 

20180706_210316.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

They did indeed and a lot of us stayed and clapped their players off the pitch, maybe the fact that SG was shaking all their hands and fans wanted to applaud him as well helped :happy: but I thought is was a nice touch.

I noticed that at the end, Stevie G was waiting on the touchline for a good few minutes to shake every Bury players hand as they left the pitch after they went to the far corner to applaud their fans for travelling.   The guy just oozes class, Rangers class.  Let's go!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×