**Official Rangers v Bury Match Thread**

28 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Bury lads seemed to enjoy it , good to see 

They did indeed and a lot of us stayed and clapped their players off the pitch, maybe the fact that SG was shaking all their hands and fans wanted to applaud him as well helped :happy: but I thought is was a nice touch.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

They did indeed and a lot of us stayed and clapped their players off the pitch, maybe the fact that SG was shaking all their hands and fans wanted to applaud him as well helped :happy: but I thought is was a nice touch.

Class mate ????

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No. Gerrard has given the shite players the opportunity to show they are shite and let it sink in they are shite, so when they are benched or oot the fucking door, they will know the reason why. 

could be putting them on display to teams like Bury, about the right level for Hodson and Halliday. 

I’m normally pretty positive about us, and coming off a 6-0 win it’s hard to complain too much. 

GK, back 4 and McCrorie and Arfield looked great. Clear SG priorised and addressed this area, and rightfully so. 

Murphy, Windass, Candeias, Morelos were poor to pretty average, and this season will ultimately be the same story as last year if we don’t get better quality in. We need a winger, a no 10 and at least 1 striker as a matter of urgency this window. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No. Gerrard has given the shite players the opportunity to show they are shite and let it sink in they are shite, so when they are benched or oot the fucking door, they will know the reason why. 

I am hoping he is getting rid of a few and also a few better than we have in BA. :thumbup: 

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

World Cup pfftttt staunch points lost 

Sorry, spank me please I am bad ... sorry wrong forum that one ?

Caught up now, with goals,, but by Christ, I am pleased we have moved on from 4-3-3

Honestly our opponents could name our starting line up and tactics every time last year.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It was good, especially when there fans were starting songs and we were joining it as well. :thumbsup:

Long may it continue, should be even better Thursday being our first competitive game ??

21 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Great to be back tonite. One thing about friendlies is it sure attracts some cretins. Hopefully the ones round about me tonite are not new st holders and i get the same folk as last 2 seasons good crowd. 

Oh and plenty of titties tonight in the warm evening air

Nearly gave you a like there then read the last sentence :justno:

Thoroughly enjoyable night , only negative was the new pitch, it doesn’t look to have knitted together well , everytime players went to ground or slide tackled there were huge bits of turf coming up , maybe over watered due to the current heat, I don’t know not a groundsman lol 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I’m normally pretty positive about us, and coming off a 6-0 win it’s hard to complain too much. 

GK, back 4 and McCrorie and Arfield looked great. Clear SG priorised and addressed this area, and rightfully so. 

Murphy, Windass, Candeias, Morelos were poor to pretty average, and this season will ultimately be the same story as last year if we don’t get better quality in. We need a winger, a no 10 and at least 1 striker as a matter of urgency this window. 

I felt he played Candieas and Windass in the wrong position. Last season Candieas couldn't play inside the diamond, he's a winger and Windass plays better up front. I don't think playing them in these positions let us see the best of them.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Windass was his usual shitebag self pulling out of tackles.

I thought Flanagan had nice touches but was positionally terrible and was careless in possession.

Was pleased for Middleton and Rudden.

Katic and Goldson physically and positionally were good but they were troubled in the air.

21 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Agree with the forward options still lacking any real quality finishing ability and creativity. 

Team played well, was only Bury mind you.  Still some are still passengers in that team and we’ve nearly sorted the defence out so time to fix the attack and midfield now. 

4 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I noticed that at the end, Stevie G was waiting on the touchline for a good few minutes to shake every Bury players hand as they left the pitch after they went to the far corner to applaud their fans for travelling.   The guy just oozes class, Rangers class.  Let's go!

16 hours ago, cstamomusa said:

I am going to buy my subscription for RTV today, so let the games begin.   :rangers:

Worth every penny for Overseas fans, cstamomusa' that was a good solid performance for a pre-season. :rangers:

Archived