Wingin’ It

Mark Walters autobiography, out at the start of the month.

Just ordered a copy.

Anyone else bought it?

Walters was my idol as a kid, I played wide left and just wanted to be like him. What a player, a genius on the ball and just terrified defences. Not to mention loving to destroy the tim bastards.

9BA74687-F21F-4B66-ABFB-CF9603355DAE.png

33 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

First memory of Mark is watching him destroy Scotland in a televised schoolboys international from Wembley. Think it ended something like 4-3, have a faint memory that Ally Dick had a great game for Scotland as well.

I watched him playing for an England youth team at Villa park around 1982, best man on the park. Next time I saw him was against a.deen Jan 1991 and he scored the winner. Magic player. 

That turn v's Hearts!! :drool: 

Was a pleasure to hear him on RTV at the weekend there. Never stopped referring to Rangers as 'We'. When asked what his abiding memory was of playing for Rangers....of all the great memories he could have picked, he simply said...'Scoring my first goal. Against Raith Rovers it was. Just being able to say I'd scored a goal for the famous Glasgow Rangers was special for me'! Loved that!! :UK: :UK: 

58 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

First memory of Mark is watching him destroy Scotland in a televised schoolboys international from Wembley. Think it ended something like 4-3, have a faint memory that Ally Dick had a great game for Scotland as well.

5-4 game, Scotland won I think, were Paul mcstay and Paul rideout not in that match as well? Rideout got a hattrick?