Katic

DC76

Rotation is required in a long season and we need good quality back-up in each position.

Worrall is Gerrards preferred CB alongside Goldson and if there is one area of the field that doesn’t benefit from needless rotation is the back line.

Its harsh but that’s squad football and Katie needs to work hard if he wants back in or wait until injuries or suspension kicks in for one of the first choice pairing.

Nothing more in it than that.

Strange one, I appreciate you need cover for all areas but I thought Katic was playing well and then dropped, rested or injured.

Was a total bombscare against Hamilton, wonder if he has taken the huff, in any case unless he was injured I would never have replaced or dropped him.

There's very little between the players but Katic is a bigger goal threat imo........... which is crucial at set pieces in the modern game.

I respect SG's decision but I prefer Katic....... however , as already said he will just need to bide his time and be ready to step into the side when injuries , suspensions or loss of form kicks in.

5 minutes ago, TopCat said:

There's very little between the players but Katic is a bigger goal threat imo........... which is crucial at set pieces in the modern game.

I respect SG's decision but I prefer Katic....... however , as already said he will just need to bide his time and be ready to step into the side when injuries , suspensions or loss of form kicks in.

Yup. I said this in the match thread. Katic looked a bit rough around the edges to start with but was coming onto a game, good understanding with Goldson too. Worrall hasn't done badly, but I just prefer Katic. I dunno what it is about JW, but his demeanour reminds me a bit of Freddy Flintoff staggering out of No 10, pissed as a fart. 

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

This is a very good point btw, the amount of wasteful corners we had against Spartak and Aberdeen emphasises that. 

Both are of similar defensive ability.

2 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

Aye bring back Moshni at least he tried eh :headscratch:

What relevance does Mohsni have to me saying get Worrall to fuck? 

Absolute fucking donkey who constantly makes bad decisions and passes teammates into trouble. Fuck off back to English lower league mediocrity whilst we develop our OWN players.

1 hour ago, Band of Brothers said:

Aye bring back Moshni at least he tried eh :headscratch:

Or we could continue developing the Croatian U21 international who we actually own rather than doing Nottingham Forrests work for them by giving a guy who was reportedly their fifth choice centre half game time.

Just now, DBBTB said:

Or we could continue developing the Croatian U21 international who we actually own rather than doing Nottingham Forrests work for them by giving a guy who was reportedly their fifth choice centre half game time.

Totally agree they were great pairing fuck knows why he is shoe horned as I think it has dented his confidence. 

4 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Need to be careful with Katic. We have a very good player who will only get better but if he isn't given game time will look at a move elsewhere to improve his chances of playing for the Croatian national team. 

Agreed. Really don’t want to lose him. 

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Agreed. Really don’t want to lose him. 

It's a weird one. When we signed him Gerrard said he was one for the future but he came in and played really well, Gerrard said he was impressed with how well he was doing and now Worrall's suddenly playing ahead of him. 

I know it's been shot down before but could there be some sort of clause in the loan deal that he has to play x amount of games otherwise we have to pay Forest money? 

13 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

It's a weird one. When we signed him Gerrard said he was one for the future but he came in and played really well, Gerrard said he was impressed with how well he was doing and now Worrall's suddenly playing ahead of him. 

I know it's been shot down before but could there be some sort of clause in the loan deal that he has to play x amount of games otherwise we have to pay Forest money? 

there probably is a clause which is wrong but Worrall is not the problem.

Nevermind Worral, Goldson is a fucking donkey. It blows my mind how he keeps starting games and Katic stays on the bench. He’s been fucking woeful for over a month now. As soon as he makes one mistake inside the first 10 minutes it follows him for the next 80 and he panics like Bambi on ice.

I do not care how reactionary it sounds, IF McAuley is fit, drop Worral and Goldson, bring those two in.

Goldson has been awful and anyone with eyes can see it.

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have no problem with either Katic or Worrall. Thats not the issue....

It is an issue, Worrall getting turned in injury time nearly cost us a point last night ad it could also potentially lose us a very good player if Katic wants to go.