Daniel Candeias Appreciation Thread

Broxi

For me he was motm today, never stopped running and some of his through balls for Tav and Morelos were excellent.

Candeias and McCrorie should never have been dropped midweek and we're a much better team with them in it which was proven today. 

Stop fucking about with the selection/formation Stevie as that set up is our best. 

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Season ticket holder, go away, gave my ticket to a mate as I had a stroke two weeks ago. Thanks for asking.

I was interested in your views in Gerrard when we were doing well, given your hostility towards him this week. It's a simple search of his name and a timeframe. There was nothing. Interests me to see how objective some folk are....

I'd say check for yourself, but you don't need to, you know, hence the silence when we're on a high. 

Glad you enjoyed the game, I did too from my armchair, unfortunately 👍

Hope all's good my man.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Season ticket holder, go away, gave my ticket to a mate as I had a stroke two weeks ago. Thanks for asking.

I was interested in your views in Gerrard when we were doing well, given your hostility towards him this week. It's a simple search of his name and a timeframe. There was nothing. Interests me to see how objective some folk are....

I'd say check for yourself, but you don't need to, you know, hence the silence when we're on a high. 

Glad you enjoyed the game, I did too from my armchair, unfortunately 👍

Ffs. Hope all is well, mate. 

2 hours ago, Grundy said:

Candeias showed his worth today, not only his awareness for a great pass but our high press often starts with him.  He also weighs in with some vital goals, so it's a hard decision for Gerrard to make if he's going to drop him in favour of Davis.

When Davis did play right midfield for us before I thought he was very effective but he prefers to play more centrally.  He's played centrally for many years now and I think he's came looking to break in to the midfield three.  It's unlikely that he would be used in an advanced wide position and asked to do all that running off the ball.  Kent and Candeais are covering so much ground it's unbelievable. 

If Davis can create and score goals from a central midfield area, much like Arfield does, then he'll be an asset.  Arfield and Jack are putting in some great performances right now so I'm guessing Davis will need to wait for his chance.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

When Davis did play right midfield for us before I thought he was very effective but he prefers to play more centrally.  He's played centrally for many years now and I think he's came looking to break in to the midfield three.  It's unlikely that he would be used in an advanced wide position and asked to do all that running off the ball.  Kent and Candeais are covering so much ground it's unbelievable. 

If Davis can create and score goals from a central midfield area, much like Arfield does, then he'll be an asset.  Arfield and Jack are putting in some great performances right now so I'm guessing Davis will need to wait for his chance.

Whenever I’ve seen Davis in the last couple of years he has seemed to have played quite deep - mainly taking the ball off the back four similar to how Ryan Jack plays when he is at the base of the midfield. Not really sure where he fits in tbh.

On a side note, Arfield was pretty effective when it mattered yesterday. Hardly in the game for spells but was a key player in all three goals.

10 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

For me he was motm today, never stopped running and some of his through balls for Tav and Morelos were excellent.

Candeias and McCrorie should never have been dropped midweek and we're a much better team with them in it which was proven today. 

Stop fucking about with the selection/formation Stevie as that set up is our best. 

correct and until Davis and Defoe prove otherwise they don't merit a starting slot 

58 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

correct and until Davis and Defoe prove otherwise they don't merit a starting slot 

Early days for Defoe, and I'm sure he'll go on to contribute greatly, but he's offered nothing in his pitch time other than knock in a fairly easy finish against Kilmarnock. Hope he gets to grips with it not being a canter up here, and we find how to play to his strengths. For now though, he's nowhere near replacing Morelos. 

5 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Whenever I’ve seen Davis in the last couple of years he has seemed to have played quite deep - mainly taking the ball off the back four similar to how Ryan Jack plays when he is at the base of the midfield. Not really sure where he fits in tbh.

On a side note, Arfield was pretty effective when it mattered yesterday. Hardly in the game for spells but was a key player in all three goals.

Out of Arfield's control for much of the game as they played hoofball much of the time,certainly in the first half but as you said Arfield had a hand(foot) in all 3 goals😉

53 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Early days for Defoe, and I'm sure he'll go on to contribute greatly, but he's offered nothing in his pitch time other than knock in a fairly easy finish against Kilmarnock. Hope he gets to grips with it not being a canter up here, and we find how to play to his strengths. For now though, he's nowhere near replacing Morelos. 

Defoe will get his opportunity and I'm sure he will get goals when he does .

Throwing him in at this crucial point of the season could be a huge mistake .Just like Wednesday. He does need a bit of time to get settled in and for the manager to find the best way to get him integrated into the system. Not the other way about .

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Defoe will get his opportunity and I'm sure he will get goals when he does .

Throwing him in at this crucial point of the season could be a huge mistake .Just like Wednesday. He does need a bit of time to get settled in and for the manager to find the best way to get him integrated into the system. Not the other way about .

I fully agree, I'm not talking about changing the system, more about teammates knowing the runs he makes, understanding timing to play ball, knowing whether he'll come front post or go back post etc etc. All the things that forwards work day in day out at training with those who support their attack. His strengths within our system I suppose.

59 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He deserve to start, showed his desire and fight on Sunday. We need him badly in the team.

fantastic team player .a team full of his attitude wouldn't lose very often .

he has his limitations that can't be denied.but he uses what ability he has .an example to all pros 

Thing is with Candeias and highlighted by the Killie match, is how much defensive work he does.  Big mistake in the Killie game by Stevie G to leave him out and play McCauley who is exposed to pace. Tactically not the best decision in the world.

However the wee man was my MOM against Livingston.

2 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

Thing is with Candeias and highlighted by the Killie match, is how much defensive work he does.  Big mistake in the Killie game by Stevie G to leave him out and play McCauley who is exposed to pace. Tactically not the best decision in the world.

However the wee man was my MOM against Livingston.

How's Mcauley playing linked to Candeias being dropped? :lol: